Board Game NES Ideas Thread

uknemesis

The Nemesis
We seem to have lots of story NESs around, and plenty of ideas in them. But simply for a balance, we need more board game NESs!

I've noticed Roddy has developed a new caravan idea, which is interesting, and thought perhaps a new thread where board game NES mods and players can discuss rules/scenarios/maps would be appropriate.

Upgrading regiments themselves is a new idea for me, what do other people think of this idea? Roddy (and Troquelet if you are still here!) especially, does this idea work?

And as for the caravan idea, is there a simpler way of making it work? Because I was very interested in the idea, but realised it could actually cause more trouble than it's worth, because players may abuse it to the point that no-one bothers to trade because all their caravans are attacked. I didn't read it too closely I admit, so is there a limit to the number of caravans a unit/province can attack? Because just being found out wouldn't be a concern if you're going to war with them...

Anyway, some other ideas that I quickly thought might be possible:

Railways - bring them into board game NESs to double movement of units or something - could be an economic upgrade, and definitely would improve a nation's defensive and offensive capabilities.

Airports - units would be able to move from one province with an airport to another, be it allied or their own, however far away it was in one turn. Would be expensive, but also give more credits per turn for the province it is built in.

Water-crossing Armies - tried this idea in Shengoku Japan UKNES, which never got off the ground. Unsure if this idea is good or not...

Houses - building houses to increase your population, which could then train in the army, or can pay taxes to give you income.

Training Camps - upgrading army stats like in UKNESX for the armies in the same province as it, but instead you build a camp that does it, and at the basic level can increase one stat of one army per turn.

Comments? Ideas?

Nemesis

great idea! But I would wish we had just a couple good neses in my forums.. :(. You can stay in cfc and SCC! I am! :D I would love it if you would mod a great nes over there. Almost pretty much all the nesers are over there and some from Apolyton. We will soon start mass advertisement when our website is up.

Just think about it. This will be the last time I ask.

We also have the first 1vs1 already in action!

Im thinking about starting a boardgame NES anyone have ideas for a map

Here is a map.

Attachments

• ads.gif
    ads.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 95
world map is best

World maps are good, but too complicated to moderate unless hugely simplified.

As for the new forums, I'll see how it goes, just stop mentioning them so much here, you'll get yourself banned.

Nemesis

Hey Ghost I already have an Idea for that map ty :)

UK, i love the upgrading armies concept in UKNESx.
the rail/airport thing i've though of before, i think it might be a bit complicated for the value.

i think the biggest problem with board games is that while a lot of good ideas can be come up with, its very hard to have a game have more then one or two of them in it.

with more then one "creative" system in the game the game becomes hard to do orders for and harder to moderate.

as for the caravan system. while it can be abused, THAT THE POINT. its a matter of trust, how much do you trust the people you've got agreements on, and how much can you get away with with those you dont have agreements with.

I've been trying to develop a trading system that works well for a board game, the one in Rnes4 wasnt great by any means. Hopefully the TaT one will work better.

i'm going to my sister's for the weekend, if i wasnt i'd start Rnes5 this weekend. as it is, i'll proly start it sometime next week (maybe as late as next weekend).

New Board Game NES will be up soon.

i've found the biggest problem with board games here to be that once people start loosing interest it cascades like crazy.
if a game is too repetative (all you do is send in orders to attack and get attacked and keep repeating) then people will get bored quick. especialy if they are loosing.

that's why i'm trying the trading systems. want to get the games based a bit more on the interaction with the other players then just move here, attack there.

Nope!

lol emu monkeys?

Monkeys could be implemented in some way lol, just think Planet of the Apes...

Nemesis

Top Bottom