Pacifism Civic v. Philosophical Trait

KrikkitTwo

Immortal
It seems that the only advantage of the Pacifism Civic is the 100% 'birthrate' of great people in cities of your religion.
This is already achieved by a leader with the Philosophical pick for all youre cities.. Meaning that if you have a Philosophical leader you get no advantage from Pacifism. Any counter info?

Krikkitone said:
It seems that the only advantage of the Pacifism Civic is the 100% 'birthrate' of great people in cities of your religion.
This is already achieved by a leader with the Philosophical pick for all youre cities.. Meaning that if you have a Philosophical leader you get no advantage from Pacifism. Any counter info?

I think those compound.

tsk tsk tsk

Assuming that both Pacifism and Philosophical do indeed mean a double of Great Ppl births, there is no logical reason to assume they cannot coexist side by side. You automatically assume that only one bonus applies... why? It is infinitely more logical to assume that a Philosophical leader with Pacifism adds up to +200% birthrate of Great Ppl, as Firaxis would not punish someone for being Philosophical or liking Pacifism by capping the bonus at +100%.

Also, though, remember that Pacifism also increases the cost of Unit maintainance-so its all about 'Swings and Roundabouts'. It might mean that Philosophical leaders will tend to drift more towards the Pacifist Civic.
Also, though I am uncertain, I get the feeling that the upkeep cost/turn of the Pacifism Civic is also quite high. Again, when taken together, I sense that these will balance out the benefits of Pacifism-even for a Philosophical Leader.

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Krikkitone said:
This is already achieved by a leader with the Philosophical pick for all youre cities.
No it isn't. The gamespot preiview said double birth rate, as in for all people. Why does everyone assume the article is riddled with typos because the described bonuses would be overpowered in a previous game?

Ephor, the reason people believe this is because the only thing we have seen Birthrates mentioned in direct relation to are the birth of 'Great Leaders'. Thus it makes sense that, unless it is stated otherwise, that this is what the philosophical leader trait refers to!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Trajan13 said:
tsk tsk tsk

Assuming that both Pacifism and Philosophical do indeed mean a double of Great Ppl births, there is no logical reason to assume they cannot coexist side by side. You automatically assume that only one bonus applies... why? It is infinitely more logical to assume that a Philosophical leader with Pacifism adds up to +200% birthrate of Great Ppl, as Firaxis would not punish someone for being Philosophical or liking Pacifism by capping the bonus at +100%.

I assumed only one bonus applied because when I first saw them it wasn't "+100% to" or "doubling" but, "100% of" ... meaning it becomes 100% (this would mean that it was normally less than 100%) I hadn't seen the gamespot preview's definition of the Philosophical pick. (+100% does make a lot more sense than 100% of ... which it still is listed as in the Pre-Release Info... although the Pacifism is changed to doubling there)

Trajan13 said:
tsk tsk tsk

That's excatly what I'd thought now we know Philo is all about Great People´s birth rate. Cumulative.

Ephor said:
No it isn't. The gamespot preiview said double birth rate, as in for all people. Why does everyone assume the article is riddled with typos because the described bonuses would be overpowered in a previous game?
Because (1) Gamespot proofreaders should hang and (2) a Firaxian said that it is great people rate. :D

JUst like in SMAc the economic bonus of Morgan stacked with the economic bonus of free market shall the birthrate bonuses stack. So pacifism + philosophical will mean a LOT of great people.

Top Bottom