forest chop

Cpa419

Chieftain
im new to game but i do understand most the componates of it. i have read posts about forest chops and such. its a bit confuzing to me :( can anyone pls explaine how this is used and why.

thanks
Cpa419

If you research the bronze working technology, you can use your Worker units to cut down trees that are growing near your cities. This will cause a bonus to production (extra hammers) in the nearest city, meaning that whatever you are building there will get built faster. The further from the city you are, the smaller the bonus will be.

Hope that helps!

I see the amout of hammers you get from chopping down a forest varies in the game. Is there a full overview over this somewhere?

Forest Chop is generally used to build Wonders faster. I would be careful though, if you intend to go for Environmentalism civic then it might not be wise, nor if you are planning on building lots of lumbermills to boost your production. Think ahead!

Frostyboy said:
I see the amout of hammers you get from chopping down a forest varies in the game. Is there a full overview over this somewhere?

you get a base of +45 hammers per chopped forest, if it's near the city. i think it stays at 45 for about 3 tiles distance.

bonusses apply to chopping. so if you're industrious (+50%), building the pyramids and have stone (+100%), you may receive a bonus of 112-115 hammers per chop.

thordk said:
you get a base of +45 hammers per chopped forest, if it's near the city. i think it stays at 45 for about 3 tiles distance.

bonusses apply to chopping. so if you're industrious (+50%), building the pyramids and have stone (+100%), you may receive a bonus of 112-115 hammers per chop.

Remember that the 45 hammers is in epic speed, in normal it's 30, in quick it's 20 (I think), and in marathon it's... a lot.

In marathon it's 90 as a base value, though it can go as high as 225 for an industrious civ building a wonder with the appropriate resources.

Top Bottom