Space race victory

bhammer

Chieftain
I built my space ship and was told it would reach its destination in 15 turns. I launched around 2000. Its now 2052. Is it still in flight or what?

It might have failed - i think if you launch a incomplete ship there is some chance of failure... i might be wrong however... Other than this... i dont know... Chack the victory screen to see the status of the ship... Maybe you did not launched it after all:confused:

did you see '15 turns to victory' on your screen? do you now see 'X has won a space race victory'?. final silly question, did you disable space race victory condition?

If you don't build the maximum SS components it can indeed fail. However, you should get a message telling you that. Check your event logs to see.

did you see '15 turns to victory' on your screen? do you now see 'X has won a space race victory'?. final silly question, did you disable space race victory condition?

No I never saw the '15 turns to victory' message. No, I now do not see 'X has won a space victory'. I'm almost certain I did not disable that condition since that was the victory I was planning on. Also, that pain-in-the-ass gilgamesh just launched a space ship. Would he have done so if that condition was disabled?

Where is the event log ?

Round circle with pencil and pad of paper in the upper left corner just under your gold amount. (and just above your sliders for :science: /:culture: /:espionage: ).

Click on the button and you can see events, chat logs, combat logs and quests.
It is expandable by dragging the borders.

Also I don't believe you can build any of the Space Ship components let alone the Appollo Program with the victory option disabled.

You can easily check if it has been disabled, I think, using one of the advisor screens. I believe it's the "victory" screen (the red fist) although I'm not too sure... One of those screens (maybe statistics?) has a tab called "Settings" and you can see what were the settings for the game, I think it does say which conditions were enabled.

Round circle with pencil and pad of paper in the upper left corner just under your gold amount. (and just above your sliders for :science: /:culture: /:espionage: ).

Click on the button and you can see events, chat logs, combat logs and quests.
It is expandable by dragging the borders.

I found the log. It shows my spaceship being launched in July 2003 but I don't see anything in the log after that. Is the log in a text file somewhere so I can search in it? Is there a way to see if the spaceship is still flying. When I choose "view" from the victory screen it shows me a screen that says "Welcome to Alpah Centauri" but no pic of a spaceship. Also, its the same view you get if you look right after you launch.

You didn't lose your capitol did you? If that happens, the spaceship is recalled/destroyed.

it's capital with an "a"... the only "Capitol" with "o" is the building in D.C. ... sounds like a bug in your game; why don't you post the save so someone else can check it out

it's capital with an "a"... the only "Capitol" with "o" is the building in D.C. ... sounds like a bug in your game; why don't you post the save so someone else can check it out

Where would I post the save - the one with my cahp-ee-tohl intact?

Hmm the game is over the time limit now i think turn 758 on epic.

But the ship was launched in time - July 2003. With only one Engine, but i dont see a failure message in the log. "View Spaceship" from the Victory screen shows the ugly "Welcome To Alpha Cantauri" splash.

From all i can see the game is already won.

Are you sure you did not won it and then clicked "Just one More Turn..." to continue ?

Hmm the game is over the time limit now i think turn 758 on epic.

But the ship was launched in time - July 2003. With only one Engine, but i dont see a failure message in the log. "View Spaceship" from the Victory screen shows the ugly "Welcome To Alpha Cantauri" splash.

From all i can see the game is already won.

Are you sure you did not won it and then clicked "Just one More Turn..." to continue ?

Pretty sure ... My point score should be higher if I'd already won I think. Wouldn't there be some indication of victory in the game if I'd already won? Is there a way to see point totals in the game? Then I could see if I got credit for the space victory.

Look in your hall of fame from the main menu and it has the list of all your completed games. It'll also have the replay and final score/date finished if its in their.

Look in your hall of fame from the main menu and it has the list of all your completed games. It'll also have the replay and final score/date finished if its in their.

that's what I was thinking although it would be odd that he missed seeing the victory notification in the game because it forces you to click continue playing only after showing the victory video or something along those lines

then again, he did spell capital with an "o" :D

I'm curious to see the resolution of this one - I forgot to check the save last night myself

Top Bottom