Welcome New Members

this is grandpearson as old as I'am still love playing pc games about the only games I play now are sid meier's {still have alpha centauri}:blush: any one know if its going be redone

Hello, new member here.

I've been playing civ since Civ 1. I've had Civ 4 for awhile but haven't really had time to play it. I've played through a few times, and am about to start asking for help haha :)

Hi everyone well i had a friend whos now at Basic in Camp Pendelton introduce me to civ 3, and i was addicted from the word go. i just recently found this site while searching for a civ 3 map editor. which i still havent found. but i figured id sign up and see what this site has to offer. i bought civ 3 complete because i know civ 4 wont work on my computer. unfortunately. but i do plan on getting it someday.

hey everyone, im a long time civ player (II and on) and a long time lurker of the site. Hoping to get involved more actively now. I do a lot of programming at my job so maybe some modding too.

First post here -- the note on the top of the board keeps telling me to introduce myself... anyhow, I've been playing Civ I since about 1993 or 94, when in high school, where it took over many a weekend (and schoolnight). It cane to a point where I had to ZIP the program files up, password protect it, and file it away somewhere (remember when programs could all fit on one or two 3-1/2" diskette?). Then in 2001 I was introduced to Civ III, and played that until I was finally given Civ IV earlier this year. So, yeah, that's the background of my Civ playing. It's just about the only game I play! :)

A lot of us (Admin and Moderators, in particular ;)) check this thread periodically.

Welcome to all! Fix yourself a drink, sit back, and enjoy the ride! :D

@grandpa_pearson: Nice to meet another grandpa. :) We have at least one grandma around here, too. :)

Hello, sorry for my bad english in a first time (I'm french, so sorry) :(

:old:
I'm play at Civilization since 1992 or 1993 I don't remember exactly but when I started I'm a little Boy (7-8 years old). At the beginning I played in my ATARI ST with the game in English, my brother see me how i do played at the game. :egypt:
After a long time i'm played and I understanding the game. (English version is very difficult)

I played at this game and when my father buy his first PC I have buy Civilization 2. It's became my favorite games, I used it how many times and very longs hours in my student life. Before the arrived of cilization 3 my best victories was Destruction of the maximum ennemy in "prince" difficult in 1943 (I'm proud of that, it's my best games in Civ II) (I probably not the best players ... lol ... but I'm proud ) :king:

The arrived of civilization 3 are the first arrived of a civ animated world !!
I discovered this game who are the most interessant, who can be played long hours, where all games are differents !!! i discovered it can be beautifull for player's eyes. i don't speak for Civ 4 who are the best of all with for the first time for the cattles, 3 animated cow who moved on the map !!! It's Fabulous !!!!

The ressource principle who arrived with civilization 3 is fantastic !! A new reasons for make wars !! And now the religions !!!
Naturelly I remember principle in civilization 1, I don't see in the new games for exemple : when you make wars with one enemie and you captured two or more times is capital, the empire is divided in two ( "french" become "french + india" for exemple ) , i loved this principle it's for that's i speak about us !!

In the last addon, vassal are arrived ... since the times .... It's wonderfull !!!! A great idee !!!!!

I don't want speak about what i don't like for two reason : I'm loved this game and it's 2h00 am and i speak in english ... lol .... But i have critics for the last game, naturelly ! Since the times I played, i thinks i know a litlle the game !!!!

It's for that's I become member of civ fanatics web site !!!! Because I'm a fanatic of civilization since the first game of sid meier !!! And because all the official fan forum are in english (go to see the french web site for civilization 4 and you understand i'm obliged to speak english !! http://www.civ4-lejeu.com .... lol ... it's not a problem for read but for write ... lol) :yuck:

Civilization is for me the best game of all the time !!!! :spear:

Bye et merci d'avoir lu jusque là si vous en avez eu le courage et avec mon déplorable anglais.

PS: SO SO SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I SPEAK ENGLISH LIKE A FRENCH COW ...

Hey welcome aboard!
Don't worry about bad English here. ;)

Bismarckiz said:
PS: SO SO SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I SPEAK ENGLISH LIKE A FRENCH COW ...

:lol:
That was a good one. Actually made me laugh out loud. :D

Have fun on the forums and keep Civing! =)

Hello, CivFanatics. I've been coming here for a long time to get mods for games but I never actually signed up... seems almost criminal. Anyways, I've been playing Civilization ever since I got super addicted to the Playstation version of Civ 2. I'll never forget my very first game as the greeks, and how the save file took up 10 out 15 blocks on the memory card. I think that was about 5 years or so ago, maybe longer... not sure, but ever since I've been working my way up to the most recent Civ 4 Warlords, which I still find addicting as hell. Well, I'm going to bed now, tschuss.

Greetings and Valle Amici,
I visited here several years ago, or so, when I was starting my research into CIV but forgot my sign up name, and now I am back, I have looked at CIV I, II, and III but just began to play CIV II last night, and needless to say, six hours and more were gone before I even realized it. I am a historian and ecologist by training, tho a professional artist as well, and love history and cultural study. I have had a life long interest in Civilization and world trends and ancient as well as modern conundrums and paradoxes of events and people and cultures. Arnold Toynbee was a long ago favorite of mine and I have added to the interest since. I just hope to find the time to enjoy and learn CIV 1-III and now IV when I can, with other work, but thanks for the great great site, I have collected hundreds of the scenarios but have yet to play any ot them and now I can start. thanks again and hope to have something to contribute sometime soon.

My own work is at my site which is in my profile, thanks again for the great community support here. Cheers and see you all in the worlds of CIV I hope, or at least in your posts and scenarios etc.

The First Conquest and the hardest one is of oneself, beyond that, world empires seem as child's play.
Marcus Aurelius XXII Notes from a Camp

Discovered the game entirely by accident. Saw it at a Dollar General store for $6 and said "why not". Thought it was a Risk-type game. Little did I know it was the most addictive game ever devised. It's surely part of some government conspiracy to keep us all distracted while the world crumbles around us. Only problem now is that my computer is too outdated to run CivIV. Not sure how to convince the wife I need a bigger computer just to run a game.

Good Evening. Long time Lurker, first time Poster.
i wanted to be Minister_of_Hardship, too many characters ¬_¬...
discovered civ2 at a cousins house one weekend.
i remember sitting there wondering what the hell
do you do with this settler thing...:blush:

hello, good evening and welcome to nothing much. just got a copy of civ 3 conquests, love it. losing sleep, not eating properly. feel like a kid again ( said i wasn't eating properly didn't i?). ho hum. i've got a cracked copy (Oops) and every so often it just freezes, gonna have to buy one i know but yup, its worth it. started off with an amiga a500, civ and then left the world of personal comps for work, marriage and other uselesss stuff, recently got divorced, evicted and generally screwed over ( cultural victory not allowed i suppose) so now have spare time but no cash. computers are great and this game sure sucks up the spare time, cheers sid.

I am a new member. I have a question about Great Generals. Are they attached to only one unit or do they act in combination with a number of units like the "Army" does in Civ III?

Salutations. Civilization II was the first piece of software I ever owned, and it is perhaps the one birthday present that my parents still regret giving me. My subsequent life of crime has survived the Test of Time and led to evils in greater numbers (notably, III and IV). Today, I find myself with less time to engage in imperial pursuits, but I still hoist the old falchion now and again. It is a privilege to enter into such a vibrant community, and I hope to be able to both author and derive satisfaction among you.

Hello everybody, I'm new here too. I bought Civ4 back in december of last year, but I never played it much until a couple of months ago. I also discovered this website about a week ago when I bought Warlords... and man is it great because there is soooo much information and strategies to look through. Hehe, I also beat my first game on Monarch a few days back... coincidence eh?

Ali Zaybak said:
Salutations. Civilization II was the first piece of software I ever owned, and it is perhaps the one birthday present that my parents still regret giving me. My subsequent life of crime has survived the Test of Time and led to evils in greater numbers (notably, III and IV). Today, I find myself with less time to engage in imperial pursuits, but I still hoist the old falchion now and again. It is a privilege to enter into such a vibrant community, and I hope to be able to both author and derive satisfaction among you.
You already have a fan, Ali. I dig your style.

Top Bottom