Nobles Club etiquette?

Razzlesnaff

Warlord
Is there some kind of etiquette for playing older Nobles Clubs game? I'm a Noble player that is trying to move up to Prince. I want to play some of the older ones but I'm unsure if it's against some etiquette about reviving old threads?

I wouldn't have thought so. The games were posted for us all to learn from. So I can't see people getting shirty about you posting your games.

No it's quite usual that players don't have time to play some challenge and come back to it later. Playing is seen as a good reason for reviving a challenge. There are several challenges that i plan to play myself when time admits.

This is good news. I was looking over the Noble's Club Bullpen and there were some interesting looking games there. Looks like I'll be downloading a few this evening. :)

The problem I see now is having too many of these games going on at one time cause I can't decide on which one interests me the most!

NC, LHC, PYL, MS, all open. Probably you won't get a lot of comments as if it was the current game, but of course you can revive them.

Heck, I just realized how terrible I was in the PYL game you are talking about :lol:. With Elizabeth, no less.
I tink I'll replay that game as well.

Minor threadjack: Does the same rule apply to other "public" games & challenges? I'm having great fun with PYL VI: Same Start Showdown. I'd like to post some of my game, but I don't want to revive an old thread if it would be rude to do so.

Go ahead :). That map is a good memory for me, too. Haha, Sid!

I got onto this forum late in 2008, so I missed a lot of the games when they were going on. I suspect I might join in and play some of the ones you revive, if I have the time to, so I'm all for reviving some of the old ones.

As michmbk says some of these games were played through long before we joined. I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment and will happily play along on the games with you.

By the way all, as far as I know all previous games for all ongoing series on strategy & tips remain open. This includes immortal university games as well as those mentioned, however immortal U was originally catered to immortal+ players exclusively...since I intend to revive that series I'll go ahead and say that those are all open too. They'll continue to be based on immortal difficulty, and I don't feel like making multiple WB saves. I will NOT, however, demand that current games in that series be played at immortal, though it is the intention of the series. Immortal U died out IMO due to that restriction, and the fact that most of the top-flight talent that originally participated in it (before I could even beat emperor) has fled to succession games, HoF, demo games, or deity :p. If you want to drop below immortal, you now have the "host" blessing ;). However, I will be very clear in that the intention of immortal U is that players participating seek to master the level -----> look to improve!

Actually the IU series were started also for emperor players who wanted to make the jump to immortal. Many players including myself benefited IMO. I played at that level already but playing all the installments made me a much better player.

Most of the IUs have pretty reasonable starts, beware of the Charlie start, that is a fiendishly difficult one. If you can win that one you're ready to try deity i think. Just checked back, generally the most interesting ones are the first installments since there was a lot of interest then.

Ones i liked most,

- The above mentioned Charlie game
- The first with Monty as leader, has an interested twist shown by Rusten, i wonder if his idea is more common now
- The second with Sury where iirc i was the only one who didn't do what all the others did.
I liked both Pacal games too. The second has aggressive Ai on (misclicked there making the settings :) )

Most of the others are fun too, I wouldn't revive III and XII, III is a tedious archipelago map, XII is boring i won't spoil why.

I look forward to seeing these threads revived, it might be that some new ideas will be tried, when we played these series rifles or cannons sometimes cuirassiers was pretty much the standard way to go.

Top Bottom