Caveman 2 Cosmos

Ive been playing with my wife also. Should have a couples team war lol. HMM the black terrain doesn't happen to us anymore and no OOS but do get some CTD. I don't have versions before 14. Did you make sure there is not other mods art conflicting in C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets. We had to delete ours just to get multiplayer to work. I think it came from some other mod and created interference.

Yeah, both of us delete that folder each time and do the SHIFT key thing to load it up. We've tried loading the mod directly via shortcut and also by going into vanilla BTS and loading from there. Odd thing for me with the black terrain is that it only happens sporadically when playing SP, but always with MP on v14. It's not a huge deal as we have plenty of games to finish using v13. Are you using Direct IP or LAN for your MP games? We use Direct IP

My wife and I have been playing this mod for awhile, but v14 has caused us all kinds of issues. First the black terrain problem is happening on my machine (ATI 5800 GPU - latest drivers). Also, we get the lovely OOS error almost immediately now when trying to play. We've both gone back to v13 and having fun...hoping that v15 fixes the black terrain and whatever started causing the OOS problems. Keep up the great work!!! Thanks!

I've a similar GPU and was experiencing the black terrain issue aswell. Reinstalling drivers, rebooting the pc + (re)loading the savegame helped. Happened 2 times so far.

Yeah, both of us delete that folder each time and do the SHIFT key thing to load it up. We've tried loading the mod directly via shortcut and also by going into vanilla BTS and loading from there. Odd thing for me with the black terrain is that it only happens sporadically when playing SP, but always with MP on v14. It's not a huge deal as we have plenty of games to finish using v13. Are you using Direct IP or LAN for your MP games? We use Direct IP

We use direct ip using a lan address. Once the ATI drivers (catalyst 11.6 and up-have 5700 series cards) were updated the black terrain never was a problem. And we have everything set on high.you should not have to delete that custom each time it is only if stuff is actually in it. Has folders but 0 MB. Only had to delete once and that was after I installed a ROM ROD mod before this one. Did you edit your map or anything? And are you using a compatible map? Sometimes I noticed that if I go in world builder i save under a new name for each save or it can get buggy for me sometimes and I don't know why. Im also playing with ragin barbarians but no barb civs if that makes any difference not sure.

It's great to see changes and work continue on this excellent mod. I spent quite a few hours back with an earlier version, but had to stop because of the incredibly long time between turns (20 min or so). I was happy to see that addressed with the newer version.

I think Neanderthals spawn a bit too much for my taste (went to world builder and they were covering about 90% of the spaces between civs) and would like to tone down the rate, but not get rid of them completely. I like playing with Raging Barbarians, but I can't even get to a decent defensive unit before I'm swarmed.

I saw in an earlier post that you can turn them OFF by editing the Neanderthal Spawn file. Can the settings in that file be tweaked to reduce the spawn rate? If so, which settings and should the numbers be lower or higher?

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Nope, I'm still getting the black terrain, and some aren't even loading at all, including worlds made specifically for this mod.

What you describe is exactly the symptom I had. I was able to resolve my issue by changing the Graphics Level to Medium. (Graphics level in base BTS options, not BUG options.). Medium level graphics still looks fantastic IMO. During the early exploration phase I do travel downstream on rivers to find the coast. And the hypnotic swaying of the trees, the gentle waves on the coast........

Hi guys. I'm playing v14 at Settler difficulty and in the Renaissance era and have noticed something very odd going on with my research.

I am currently producing 12163 beakers per turn. Want to research Chemistry, which according to the info on the tech tree, costs 31185 beakers. However it will take me 17 turns to research Chemistry. Something is not right here - either I'm losing a heck of a lot of beakers somewhere, or the number of points required is displayed incorrectly.

Also from Industrial Era onwards, all techs are displayed (on the tech tree pop up when you hover over the tech) as taking 1 turn despite requiring loads more beakers than I am currently producing.

Do you need to see a save game? If so I'll do a compatibility save for you.

Hi @ all. Again I'm trying to start a new game (with the current SVN version co @ 19:00). My question is (again) about the optimal settings for the game. I tried to configure the options according to experiences with ROM. Then again I don't know if the developer balanced the mod for a specific combination of options. In the SVN version nearly all options were disabled, which didn't seem intended.
My goal would be a game on a giant or giantic map with as many civs as possible. At the same time the configuration shouldn't drastically decrease stability and performance in the mid->late game. I already figured that with the option for barbaric civs to turn into real civs enabled, there has to be a limit to the starting civs on giant+ maps (I think around 9). In case this option is disabled I didn't yet figure the maximum number of civs one should play with.
For all the other options available, it would be nice if recommended settings for a well balanced C2C game were put down in writing for people like me. As an example in v.13 the options for increasing difficulty during the game were enabled, leading to me playing on deity after a while, thereby ruining the game ;). I searched the forum for a configuration, but didn't find any.
On a related topic, can C2C be played with any map or should I confine myself to the C2Cperfectworld?

Hi guys. I'm playing v14 at Settler difficulty and in the Renaissance era and have noticed something very odd going on with my research.

I am currently producing 12163 beakers per turn. Want to research Chemistry, which according to the info on the tech tree, costs 31185 beakers. However it will take me 17 turns to research Chemistry. Something is not right here - either I'm losing a heck of a lot of beakers somewhere, or the number of points required is displayed incorrectly.

Also from Industrial Era onwards, all techs are displayed (on the tech tree pop up when you hover over the tech) as taking 1 turn despite requiring loads more beakers than I am currently producing.

Do you need to see a save game? If so I'll do a compatibility save for you.

I'm also having this exact same problem, techs take 35+ turns sometimes and certain ones like Steel have the "1 turn glitch" where if I try to research it, I get negative beakers and cannot get the tech without a great person.

There's already been several posts about this issue and no one seems to no anything. It really hinders the game experience and it's made the mod boring as all I can do is the ancient through Renaissance.

We use direct ip using a lan address. Once the ATI drivers (catalyst 11.6 and up-have 5700 series cards) were updated the black terrain never was a problem. And we have everything set on high.you should not have to delete that custom each time it is only if stuff is actually in it. Has folders but 0 MB. Only had to delete once and that was after I installed a ROM ROD mod before this one. Did you edit your map or anything? And are you using a compatible map? Sometimes I noticed that if I go in world builder i save under a new name for each save or it can get buggy for me sometimes and I don't know why. Im also playing with ragin barbarians but no barb civs if that makes any difference not sure.

We use Hamachi mostly, but have tried just using the LAN IPs. As for the maps, it's the C2Cperfectworld2f map. We also have catalyst 11.6 drivers installed. Don't know if it makes a difference, but on v13, the map is called PerfectWorld2f (no C2C).

I'm also having this exact same problem, techs take 35+ turns sometimes and certain ones like Steel have the "1 turn glitch" where if I try to research it, I get negative beakers and cannot get the tech without a great person.

There's already been several posts about this issue and no one seems to no anything. It really hinders the game experience and it's made the mod boring as all I can do is the ancient through Renaissance.

Yep there is definetly something funny with Research, looks like some sort of pacing mechanism? it works quite well .. up to industrial age (or 10k+ brk/trn) and then from 3-4 turns per tech its suddenly 20+ for no apparent reason.

grind through a couple of techs more and you tell me if you see what I see :D negative research - hurray for REgress:D (see my save)

Okay here's the save for the Uber long research times/ negative beakers "glitch." (I think? Maybe my research is just so low that it takes that long?) It's Chieftain, Huge, Terra, if that matters.

Attachments

• what ugh I wish this was fixed.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
Yep there is definetly something funny with Research, looks like some sort of pacing mechanism? it works quite well .. up to industrial age (or 10k+ brk/trn) and then from 3-4 turns per tech its suddenly 20+ for no apparent reason.

grind through a couple of techs more and you tell me if you see what I see :D negative research - hurray for REgress:D (see my save)

Yeah, once you get far enough everything just goes negative and you can't make any advances.

Okay here's the save for the Uber long research times/ negative beakers "glitch." (I think? Maybe my research is just so low that it takes that long?) It's Chieftain, Huge, Terra, if that matters.

I hope you don't mind, but I loaded up your save just out of curiosity to compare the problem as you're a little further along than I am (unfortunately I don't know enough about it to fix the issue, I'm not on the team for this mod just suffering from the same bug and curious about it!) You're in the same situation as me, you should be completing your current research project in the next turn, but instead it says it's going to take 14 turns and it looks as though it's only putting a small % of your beakers towards current research each turn, similar to my game :confused:

ETA: Actually I just checked mine out - it's pretty much exactly a third of my beakers going towards my current research on Humanism - 33.3333% of my total beakers per turn, the rest are not contributing. Looks as if something somewhere is being miscalculated.

Not got this yes, but I am coming up to the part of the game where I might. I do have a minor issue though, researched the tech that unlocks the musketeers and on average I was 2 strength points ahead of all of the other AI (and yes I am playing on a low difficulty), upon upgrading all of the units I possibly could to Pirate musketeers I suddenly dropped down to an average of 1 strength point....not sure if this was due to the large number of units no longer having the fortification bonus perhaps?

It's great to see changes and work continue on this excellent mod. I spent quite a few hours back with an earlier version, but had to stop because of the incredibly long time between turns (20 min or so). I was happy to see that addressed with the newer version.

Yes, I took this back up with v13 and must say the performance was improved by leaps and bounds over the earlier version I'd tried.

In the current game I'm (slowly) playing through, the mod seems a bit... unbalanced, I guess. That is, I am now so far ahead of everyone else I've met that it's not even funny; it's around 1000BC and I've got 16 cities and solid medieval tech while the most advanced of my neighbours have almost but not quite researched Sedentary Lifestyle. Monarch level, Eternity speed. I guess a bit of early expansion helped... but I've recently taken over a few enemy cities (huge stacks of Macemen and Crossbowmen and various siege artillery rolling over stone-age enemy forces), and it seems the AI has been pretty lazy when it comes to building bonus buildings, as they don't have very many (or any) of them. Seems to me that all of those huts and whatnot that give various small bonuses are the key to getting something out of the early game, and a human player actually exploiting those bonuses can leave the AI in the dust.

hello folks I sadly must agree that there are quite some problems with the new version:
1) I do get black terrain, but didn't with v13. I experienced this once, but after disabling FRAPS (wich was running in the background) it was solved. Now it's back, and, as most other people, I have no idea why :confused:
2) I'm not having negative research, but it's still strange: After loading my SecuritySave (great thing btw :thumbsup: ) of v13 in v14, I do need 35 rounds to research Facism, but only ONE towards quantum physics, which is even less than before (if I'm not mistaken)?!?
3) That is a problem I experienced already in v13: The AI is mad.
(btw I'm NOT using ruthless or aggressive AI !)
Catherine, who has a +15 opinion or so towards me agrees to sign a defensive pact. 10 turns later (because the peace treaty is way too short) the "Evil Alliance" of Mao and Stalin (I always play with an alliance of two AIs against me :D ) declares war on me, and so does on catherine and her vassals. OK.
Another 4 turns later Catherine declares war on me - WTF??? she still likes me, but declares war on me all the time... thats neither sence nor realistic, because I do have 6times (!) the military strength of here and she is not even near me... now she's at war with 6 civs or so, and looses only city after city.
I had a similar problem when Hannibal declared war on me, but didn't have enough military and lost only 2 of his cities, while his military was on he way around the globe to a senceless war with elisabeth... still, that's not as funny as the city-taking wanderer :crazyeye: :lol:
-->So here my suggestion: The AI should declare war much less often, but if it does, it should be well prepared and able to gain something. There's just no point in declaring war to all civs if you cannot cope with that!

I count on you, C2C team, to solve these problems, because I am not able to play any other mods any more - they just tire me :) keep up the good work :goodjob:

2) I'm not having negative research, but it's still strange: After loading my SecuritySave (great thing btw :thumbsup: ) of v13 in v14, I do need 35 rounds to research Facism, but only ONE towards quantum physics, which is even less than before (if I'm not mistaken)?!?
No, that's the negative research glitch. Try and research QF and see what I mean. Around the industrial era, any tech that strangely only has 1 turn as it's completion date when attempted to research will just get more and more negative beakers and the research bar will stay completely black, while the others take way to long.

I had tried to build the apostolic palace, but there is no button in the list.
My city with state religion has 20+ pop. And i had developed "Papacy" and active state religion.

Why I can't build the apostolic palace? Is there a civic, blocked the apo?

Edith said, it's my fault!
I had imagined, there is an active state religion. :wallbash:

Top Bottom