Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Imo, could this patch men to be to put civilization back to attention and mean that civilization V is coming out soon?

Imo, could this patch men to be to put civilization back to attention and mean that civilization V is coming out soon?

I doubt it's coming out soon, but it does probably mean they're working on something.
I'd doubt an expansion pack due to the release of Civ4 Complete, so maybe they are working on Civ5.

I just hope that BtS is a sign that they've learned to cooperate with major modders. I also hope they've learned from mistakes (like, I don't know... not making a game that crashes when it -thinks- it is using too much memory based on a coded limit when in reality it's not.)
I'd imagine they have, though. Unlike most franchises, Civilization does seem to improve with each title, whereas with most series... let's take The Elder Scrolls as an example. With each TES entry since Daggerfall, they've removed a bunch of features instead of adding new ones. Not so with Civilization, which gets more complex and much larger with each title. So while I can expect TES:Skyrim to only have two factions, 3 cities, one art style, and 1/5 the quests of Oblivion, I can expect Civ5 to be so awesome that I won't be returning to Civ4 except for nostalgic purposes.

I doubt it's coming out soon, but it does probably mean they're working on something.
I'd doubt an expansion pack due to the release of Civ4 Complete, so maybe they are working on Civ5.
Indeed. My guess is that a reasonable period to expect Civ5 is in 2011. Each previous game seems to have followed the "five year rule":

Civ1 - 1991
Civ2 - 1996
Civ3 - 2001
Civ4 - 2006

Thus, my prediction is that we'll see Civ5 in 2011, give or take a year. :)

BUG works with 3.19? That's cool :)

I also hope they've learned from mistakes (like, I don't know... not making a game that crashes when it -thinks- it is using too much memory based on a coded limit when in reality it's not.)

Now you made me very curious. What bug is that and has it been fixed? Never heard of that one before.

Hello, looking for comments/assistance on install of patch.

THE PATCH DOES NOT DOWNLOAD (on my system)

I am having the exact same situation described on several other posts here - namely, I run installer, it starts and runs through Accept EUL, then on to Install page, and closes when I choose Install. Just pops off. Checking my BtS, no changes.

I have never patched BtS before (though I did try through the game updater also, to no avail). Also, I tried from the d/l from this forum, from Firaxes, and from Filefront - none of those worked.
I am on a 64bit system with Vista. I have additionally tried to run installer 'as administrator' but get same result.
Any useful comments or assistance would be awesome!

I am having the exact same situation described on several other posts here - namely, I run installer, it starts and runs through Accept EUL, then on to Install page, and closes when I choose Install. Just pops off. Checking my BtS, no changes.

I have never patched BtS before (though I did try through the game updater also, to no avail). Also, I tried from the d/l from this forum, from Firaxes, and from Filefront - none of those worked.
I am on a 64bit system with Vista. I have additionally tried to run installer 'as administrator' but get same result.

Same problem here but I have a 32 bit and XP sp3. I've never had a problem patching before and a bit of help would be nice.

Has anyone been able to change the DLL to enable playing with more than 18 civs? I changed the global defines to (50) and it will not allow me to exceed 18 in the custom game screen.

Has anyone been able to change the DLL to enable playing with more than 18 civs? I changed the global defines to (50) and it will not allow me to exceed 18 in the custom game screen.

If you compiled the DLL before changing the definition, you need to rebuild the entire DLL since the makefile is incomplete.

I presume he means the MAF error.

Yes, that is a limitation most games have. It is from 32-bit windows limiting the amount of memory a game can use at one time. The limit is 1/2 the system can manipulate which is 2GB. There is a switch in windows to enable a 3GB limit from each program running, but I don't think the game can alter it. also, the memory limit includes video memory and the error usually occurs when the video switches pages and causes windows to go over the limit.

Which versions of CIV IV are you running. and did you download the game online? If so, you'll need to visit the site that you downloaded from to get the latest update. caution, they may not have it updated yet as they usually are a month or more behind on the patches as they need to be modified for their special downloader programs.

-=Mark=-

MarkJohnson, thanks for the reply!
I have the store bought CD for Civ4, also for BtS. When I run the game (from BtS disk), it says;
Civ version 303
save version 300
build version 3.03.1 (77541)

and says I still need patch 3.19.

I have tried;
1) to update from there, in game, at updater
2) directly from these forums,
3) from Firaxis site,
4) from Filefront,
5) with firewall on and off,
6) by saving d/l to desktop, and running from there 'as administrator' ( a common problem with Vista).

I'd think it was my system set up, but reading other posters specs, I am now not so sure.

I still can NOT download the patch.

Perhaps the in-game auto-patcher f'd up your install.
Your best bet is to just uninstall. BTS, Warlords, then CIV.
Reinstall CIV, Warlords, BTS, patch to 3.19
if you don't have Warlords, Install CIV, patch to 1.61, Install BTS, Patch to 3.19

If patch 1.61 wont install, or Warlords doesn't do an auto-patch before its installation,
then RUN:Regedit
and delete the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games

The only problem I truly have with 3.19 is that now the only mod I installed from CFC :)blush:)won't run. Also, does anyone know why BtS doesn't install a desktop icon? My Vanilla and Warlords did. sorry [offtopic]

It did for me, Vortilex, each time.

It installed a desktop icon for you, Arakhor? huh, I wonder if I was doing something wrong each time I have installed BtS...

It's the brown circular icon with Civ IV in big yellow letters emblazoned across it :)

Top Bottom