News: Game of the month for Civ V - feedback appreciated

I'm in the process now. Will be up by the end of the weekend PDT
Thanks! For those keeping track, list is now OP and stickied.

Emphasis added:
It's unfortunately much easier to post a link to the saves and the start pic than it would be to go and search for all the individual start announcements
Since I am greedy and ungrateful: Any chance of adding the start pics?

Or did I read that wrong? That is, you have provided a link to the announcement threads (and the announcement thread includes the saves and start pic). As opposed to links for the save files and providing the start pic for context (which is what I was hoping for).

No there isnt. The lack of a security mod for has prevented going to a full GOTM

Out of curiosity - why it hasn't happened (security mod)?

Was it too difficult to make compared to civ3 and civ4?

Probably too early too ask, but any chances for security mod for civ6?

Yes, lm not a modder, so i dont know the details. We wont know until we see 6, and the modders see the tools, if there can be a security mod.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The way in which Civ5 is programmed requires that we have files that have not been publicly released. Without the details of how it is structured, we are unable to create an effective security mod.

We are working to try to have one for Civ6. However, it all depends upon what information Firaxis will provide us and whether we can get them to place certain functions into the base program. We're trying... :please:

I went through the Civ 5 GotM compilation list and want to ask: since the number of CS has been modified every now and then, perhaps the number of AIs also could be modified? If so, I have a couple of suggestions:
1. Domination only on a standard size map with 12-14 AIs active, preferably on a high difficulty (Immortal or Deity). It would be great to play a civilization with a late game UU, like America or Germany.
2. Science or Culture victory on a standard size map with only 3-5 AIs active, maybe on intermediate difficulty (King or Emperor) and with secondary targets to a) found at least x number of cities or b) grow y number of cities to at least 30 Pop. Here I could throw in Brazil, the Celts or Russia as suggestions.

Regardless of the ideas above I would also love to try "the classic of classics", a domination only VC with Venice.

I would appreciate any comments.

About the difficulty of the Deity level, I think that the longer the pace time, the easier to overcome the AI, because it takes longer to replace the lost units.

Would be good if we have more standard/classic games on alternate GoTMs. E.g. Babylon/Poland on standard pangea

Sorry to be a negative nancy, but I'd love to do away with the no ruins option. every. single. month. It's been this way for almost a year now. I get that ruins add some RNG to different playthroughs, but it shouldn't be game breaking for anyone, and it allows for more unanticipated strategy adjustments in the early game. I think if it was such an unbalancing option it wouldn't be used in multiplayer games, and even games where players get few or no ruins, they can still win in the end. If there's a reason besides balance/RNG that it's turned off basically by default in GOTM now, idk what that is.

Overall, I'd like to see more "standard" options games in GOTM, with the "weird" options happening occasionally, or at least shuffled around more so there's one "weird" option each month, and its not the same one. every. month.

I agree with jrwh. It is okay that the no ruin option is enabled once in a while, but at least half of the games should include ruins.

Greetings friends. I have agreed to host Civ5 GotM, giving @Knowtalent more time to focus on Civ6 GotM. Thank you @Knowtalent for the many hours of excellent maps you have provided us!

Please be encouraged to post to this thread about what you are looking for! I will bring back (and encourage) the Opening Actions Report threads, since they were one of my favorite reads.
I went through the Civ 5 GotM compilation list and want to ask: since the number of CS has been modified every now and then, perhaps the number of AIs also could be modified? If so, I have a couple of suggestions:
1. Domination only on a standard size map with 12-14 AIs active, preferably on a high difficulty (Immortal or Deity). It would be great to play a civilization with a late game UU, like America or Germany.
2. Science or Culture victory on a standard size map with only 3-5 AIs active, maybe on intermediate difficulty (King or Emperor) and with secondary targets to a) found at least x number of cities or b) grow y number of cities to at least 30 Pop. Here I could throw in Brazil, the Celts or Russia as suggestions.

Regardless of the ideas above I would also love to try "the classic of classics", a domination only VC with Venice.
Thank you @Nizef, this gives me a good list to start from!

Greetings friends. I have agreed to host Civ5 GotM, giving @Knowtalent more time to focus on Civ6 GotM. Thank you @Knowtalent for the many hours of excellent maps you have provided us!

Please be encouraged to post to this thread about what you are looking for! I will bring back (and encourage) the Opening Actions Report threads, since they were one of my favorite reads.

Thank you @Nizef, this gives me a good list to start from!
I would like to thank @beetle, for agreeing to help out. I will still be around to help out and occasionally throw a fun/cruel map everyones way.

Way to go, @beetle! Thanks for helping keep GOTM alive. I don't always submit my games but I play most of them (I skip some of the deity games) I also really liked the Opening Actions threads and missed them when they went away.

Yes, thanks @beetle and @Knowtalent all those who keep GotM going. I much rather play shared games so I can compare to others. I also liked the Opening Actions thread so I do hope you can bring that back.

I don't have any specific requests but I do like games where the Civ fits the map and game settings. And I think standard game settings are best. Non-standard ones here and there are ok but most should be standard. Although, I do like the maps to vary. Pangea and Continents seems to be used the most by players but I personally like variety; e.g. Fractal, Small Continents, Islands, Oval, etc. But some of those rough terrain ones like arboreal (unless the civ is The Iroquois like the recent GotM, that's a good example of the map fitting the Civ), highlands or rainforest are a drag to play.

Thanks to you guys for keeping this running!!

Like others, I don't play all of the GOTMs, and when I do, I sometimes don't finish them because I find the early game to be more enjoyable. But I keep coming back here month after month to check out what map you guys are currently playing... imho Civ5 GotM is one of the most enjoyable competitive games on all of the internet!

Top Bottom