God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

It might not be as strong as you think it'll be, combat is being reworked, Spearman or Warrior might have 11 strength
I'm not trying to be a pain, but this is baseless speculation. A spearman or warrior "might" now have a strength of ten billion, but there is no evidence at the moment to sustain such an assertion.

People are letting their imaginations run away with them.

I'm not trying to be a pain, but this is baseless speculation. A spearman or warrior "might" now have a strength of ten billion, but there is no evidence at the moment to sustain such an assertion.

It is a guestimate, with a 60 strength Machine Gun as further foundation. It's more likely to have increased than not.

Look at the city defense numbers. They give a good basis for that. ;)

It is pretty much a silly guess to assume Ancient Era units are not gonna get upgraded, I mean c'mon. if they don't increase Warrior's strength that the battles will take AGES (literally)

Which is precisely why I said "might" twice in my post

It is pretty much a silly guess to assume Ancient Era units are not gonna get upgraded, I mean c'mon. if they don't increase Warrior's strength that the battles will take AGES (literally)

Strength is not correlated to damage.
Strength is *not* correlated to damage!
Strength is *NOT* correlated to damage!!!

He was making an educated guess.
I'm sure that unit strengths will go up. We have seen the Machine Gun as well as the Pictish Warrior.

I recently played a game with the mongols at deity and win it easilly just by only rolling over every empires with about 12 keshik and 2 horsemen (at the end these horsemens were upgrade to cavalry and to tank, but they were basically just there to took the city after my keshik did the job) . My keshik unit were usefull on the battlefield until the end of the game, that ended in a domination (I was just about to replace them by massive aircraft army)

I've been able to done that for two reason:

First: Ten of my keshik units had the 2 attack per turn, +1 range and the indirect fire attack, witch mean i can attack 20 times at every turn and retreat far away from the line since the keshik has a 5 movement point.
Second: Because of the combat system that make sure that I do at least 1 heal dammage to wathever my keshik attack (even the GDR).

What would happens with the new healing system? I dont know, but i really expect that thereafter, my keshik would continue to make 1 heal dommage to a GDR, but since that GDR would now have 100 healpoints, i wont be able to kill it with keshik until I have 50 of them with the promotion already cited.

I also expect that if that GDR attack one of my keshik, it'll kill me in one shot while my unit does a 1 heal dammage, witch must still be the basic of all combat. You never notice how bad it's when your GDR have to heal himself every 6 to 8 turns because he is walking on archer, swordmen and pikemen? Because there is a 1 basic dammage everytime you engage combat, it mean you lost 10% for every combat, but with 1 dammage out of 100, you lost... well its math.

Even the bomber get a 1 point dammage against archer and crossbowmen (dude how the hell can a archer do 10% of dammage to a bomber, even 1% its to much, but lets says that the bow just crap the paintwork on the side of the bomber.

In fact, I really think that the change in heal point system will improve the reality of the unchallenging combat between two units that are not of the same era. You'll also be able to profit of your technologic advance on the battlefield, since you wont need to heal your units every 4 to 6 turns while clearing field.

I realize that the screenshot implies that you get the Pict before Iron Working, but it's hard to imagine that a Str 11 classical unit with a sword is not a replacement for the Swordsman... it would be really silly to have a Str 11 Bronze Working unit and also a str 11 Iron Working unit.
well, to be fair, siam has a knight replacement with the same strength as the lancer, but moot point because...

Rob (R8XFT)It's part of a scenario.[/QUOTE said:
this is probably the case, even if it doesn't make much sense. they probably just threw it together with their program.

i have to agree with this, actually. it doesn't make much sense to add extra strength to everything in the game. they said they want it to take longer to destroy other units, so keeping strength the same and increasing health will do exactly that.

i have to agree with this, actually. it doesn't make much sense to add extra strength to everything in the game. they said they want it to take longer to destroy other units, so keeping strength the same and increasing health will do exactly that.
Obviously they're going to have to change the internals of the combat system (unless they really want combat to take 10x as long, which I seriously doubt), but it doesn't make any sense to me to change the existing Strength values, as it's unnecessary. You just change the internal scale of how much damage is generated by how much Strength.

Obviously they're going to have to change the internals of the combat system (unless they really want combat to take 10x as long, which I seriously doubt), but it doesn't make any sense to me to change the existing Strength values, as it's unnecessary. You just change the internal scale of how much damage is generated by how much Strength.

the internals of the calculation is based upon the ratio of combat strengths (or ranged strengths), not by a specific strength level.

So with an adjustment of the HP by 10x, and the fact that there's new units (and indeed apparently a new 'level' of units), current combat strengths have to scale, if the damage calculations are not changing by much (except to adjust for the 100 HP scale).

It's far easier than trying to keep the same combat strengths, slide in new units, and then completely change the damage calculations.

Well if they are adding a bunch of units here and there, they may want to icnrease the strength of latter units so that there is enough "room" for each unit to be fully useful. This is even more true of the modern units as they appear to have added a whole lot of WW1 stuff.

Any formula that they would use to increase Strengths of units could simply be baked into the combat calculation; there's no need to change the Strength values themselves. You'd screw up people's understanding of what the Strength values mean and all of the third-party modded units. There's no reason to do it.

Well if they are adding a bunch of units here and there, they may want to icnrease the strength of latter units so that there is enough "room" for each unit to be fully useful. This is even more true of the modern units as they appear to have added a whole lot of WW1 stuff.
I agree that there may be some shuffling of values in the later units to accomodate the split of Infantry into WWI & WWII versions and the addition of what appears to be the Marine, but it doesn't make any sense to change, say, a Warrior's or Spearman's strength to 11.

Top Bottom