God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

Hmm. I hadn't even noticed the Baroque decorations up until this point.

Having noticed it, I don't actually have a problem with it, although it does look very weird at the top of the Espionage window.

I've seen the Carthagnians mentioned twice in this thread now. Where is the evidence for their inclusion?

EDIT:
Also, on the world map in the espionage window picture, three foreign cities, presumably the capitals in England, Spain and Babylon seems to be visible even though they haven't been explored yet (well, the english and babylonians have a greater visible radius surrounding two cities, whilst egypts city is completely detatched from anything else visible on the map)
Could this be an effect of a Wonder or a Technology, perhaps?

EDIT:
Also, on the world map in the espionage window picture, three foreign cities, presumably the capitals in England, Spain and Babylon seems to be visible even though they haven't been explored yet (well, the english and babylonians have a greater visible radius surrounding two cities, whilst egypts city is completely detatched from anything else visible on the map)
Could be. Or espionage or even religion?

I think it's the result of successfully 'Establishing surveillance' in a city. Note the 'View' button available on the agent panel, perhaps something the spy does enables that and gives you the equivalent of a puppet city view where you can see all the buildings, what's being worked and 3-rings of tiles.

Hey guys
I think I they also have the Leaning Tower of Pisa wonder since at the bottom of the espionage overview pic they show the city of Orleans where there is a cylindrical type building above the city bar which looks a lot like the Pisa tower.

Maybe it's the Tower of Babel?

Bananas would be nice, and more modern resources so that people don't just end up with a crapload of aluminium and uranium.

Food resources would be great, add some complexity to city growth. Assuming, that is, that the food resources are functionally different, and not just a flat +1 food across the board.

Pretty sure bananas are in already. The provide extra food to the city in range after improvement. It's a bonus resource as it usually is in most Civ games. As for resources, could it be that there will be a new class of resources that all generate faith?

resources, plural.

Or maybe just an exaggeration (based on lack of knowledge or the will to make the sentence sound better? "dozens of new units, buildings, technologies and one resource have also been added" sounds a bit lame, isn't it?)

So, I wouldn't bet my grandma on multiple resources. But - of course - I don't know better for obvious reasons and I'll keep my grandma save, too. ;)

Lightning bolt symbol prolly represents paganism or Greco-Roman religion

I agree that seems the most logical explanation. The screenshot is of Celts founding of a religion, but we can see that what is now becoming Christianity already has a Pantheon Belief (Religious Idols), so it was a Pantheon before. Dublin is pretty clearly a city under the Celtic player's control, and it has a lighting bolt icon where the religion icon would be. So it seems very logical that the lightning bolt is a symbol for a Pantheon that hasn't become a full-blown Religion yet.

So it seems that during the Pantheon phase your animist/pagan thing isn't a formal religion yet, and you don't get the name and icon until you generate your first Great Prophet. This gibes with the info from the ComputerBild German translated preview.

What if one of those new resources is a return of copper? Then one of the new units could be the return of the Axeman at bronze working. It could also be required for early melee naval units, such as reinforcing the bow of a trireme so it can do more damage when ramming.

It could even mean new there are several new resources for boosting faith. Such as Holy Water, Rosewood for various religious symbols/totems.

They may even be adding things like tobacco and coffee as luxuries.

Top Bottom