[SDK MODCOMP] Unit Fuel Mod (includes Global Fuel)

I was wondering if anyone of you guys had any version (moddified or not) of this for 3.17 ?
I tried to recompilate the modified files but it just didn't work, and this is just out of my competencies ATM.

Or any way I could make this 3.17 compatible ? Besides the obvious double-install 3.13 - 3.17

Hey, I'd like to re-up that request. This is almost exactly what I was looking for on my airship mod I'm working on.

My plan is to make the airship a civilian unit that can be used for scouting and revenue generating. The idea is the ship would use the ability to move over all terrains to simulate flying (like helicopters, but capable of flying over ocean as well), but must be limited to a certain number of turns before it runs out of fuel. When it runs out of fuel, it would be best to have it be destroyed if over water, or stranded if over land. If stranded, fuel must be taken to it via another unit or it must wait a certain number of truns before fuel is automatically taken to it. The simpler method would simply be to destroy the ship when it runs out of fuel, no matter what terrain it's over at the time.

Something that I think would be a great addition would be an ability to make the ship "drift" with the wind if it runs out of fuel over water. If it drifts over land, the crew would land it and secure the ship so it didn't move more. There would also be a chance that the ship would be destroyed by the elements every turn it's setting/drifting with no fuel.

Unfortunately, I only use 3.17 now, and I don't really have the space on my HD to contemplate installing another copy. SDK modding is really above my ability at the moment, and I'm pretty much stuck with XML and a bit of python modding.

Could someone make this compatible with BTS 3.19 please. It is so amazing.

Great work Grey Fox!

I have a few questions:

1. Can this be made compatible with BtS 3.19, and more importantly, can this be imported to Orbis or other FfH modmods?

2. If so, what is the interface adjustment you've made do with the altered interface of FfH mods?

Thanks. :goodjob:

1) I might update this to 3.19 eventually, just not in my current schedule ;) - shouldn't be much trouble though.
2) If you just merge everything properly with FfH or Orbis etc, you should be fine. The interface stuff should be in CyMainInterface, I think I've marked all my changes with some comments.

Hey, Greyfox,

I tried to merge the mod comp with the 3.19SDK, should be relatively easy, I ran into a problem though, (merged all the SDK code, then compile) I got an error with the CvGameTextMgr.cpp compilation :

Code:
1> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/bin/cl.exe" /nologo  /MD /Gd /G7 /GR /O2 /W3 /EHsc /DWIN32 /DNDEBUG /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCVGAMECOREDLL_EXPORTS /DFINAL_RELEASE   /IBoost-1.32.0/include /IPython24/include /I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/include" /I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK/Include" /c CvGameInterface.cpp /FoFinal_Release/CvGameInterface.obj
1>CvGameInterface.cpp
1> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/bin/cl.exe" /nologo  /MD /Gd /G7 /GR /O2 /W3 /EHsc /DWIN32 /DNDEBUG /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCVGAMECOREDLL_EXPORTS /DFINAL_RELEASE   /IBoost-1.32.0/include /IPython24/include /I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/include" /I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK/Include" /c CvGameTextMgr.cpp /FoFinal_Release/CvGameTextMgr.obj
1>CvGameTextMgr.cpp
1>CvGameTextMgr.cpp(292) : error C2065: 'FUEL_CHAR' : undeclared identifier
1>CvGameTextMgr.cpp(296) : error C3861: 'FUEL_CHAR': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvGameTextMgr.cpp(560) : error C2065: 'FOREVER_CHAR' : undeclared identifier
1>CvGameTextMgr.cpp(560) : error C3861: 'FUEL_CHAR': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvGameTextMgr.cpp(570) : error C3861: 'FUEL_CHAR': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvGameTextMgr.cpp(5354) : error C3861: 'FUEL_CHAR': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/bin/cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
1>Stop.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Games\CivilizationIV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Beyond The Game 0.01\Encore\Final_Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>Encore - 8 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I don't understand what "FUEL_CHAR" is referring to, but I have to say I'm not good with the SDK yet :s
I've looked into the header file (Same.h) but no reference of this...dunno where to look for it.

Still, was exactly the same code in your initial set of file.

Here are the SDK file I've got at the moment anyway, so should you feel like publishing a 3.19 version, you could start from there :

http://fastmoves.de/UnitFuel.rar

Great idea!

Well first of all by moding it i discovered that CvEnums.h file did not have
CHAR_FUEL, CHAR_FOREVER. I got VC++ 2005 compiling errors.

I inserted these two char types and all is OK now.

Could you please explain what you mean by that? Someone above had this issue too and I would like to know what you've done specifically in order to add this to my mod.

By the way, has anyone overcome the AI issue?

Top Bottom