[BtS] Settlers!

how do you change the cost of the basic settler to be less than 100 in BTS?
In the XML go to the units folder than open the file Unitinfos.xml then search for settler then search for cost, you can than change the basic 100 to whatever you want! :thumbsup:
Yea the python causes a problem in multiplayer. :sad:
I just reuploaded due to the hacker brake in! :thumbsup:

Is this BtS 3.13 compatible now or did you re-upload the old version?

It works in BtS 3.13, I have this component merged into Rise of Mankind 2.0. ;) Only problem it has is in multiplayer games as whenever any civ builds Colonist/Pioneer/Architect it causes 'Out of Synch' -error and game gets CTD which must be some sort of bug in python coding (info about buildings not carried over to other Civs?). But for single player games it works just fine. :)

No way to fix the OOS errors, eh?

/removes settler code from my ROM install

I tried this out in some WB tests, and the settlers build cities of the correct size, but with no buildings in them. Could it be that its not compatible with 3.17

OK,i got it working with some help from Emporer fool over in the Python Forum, to make it work in 3.17 change this line in the settlers event manager
Code:
pCity.setHasRealBuilding(iUniqueBuilding, True)
to this
Code:
pCity.setNumRealBuilding(iUniqueBuilding, 1)
and then it works like a charm

How would I use this? Do I need to integrate all the individual components of both files with other files? In the EventManager, I suspect, but "def __init__(self, eventManager):" doesn't exist there, and while I can experiment and guess, I figured I'd just ask here. Further, CvCustomEventManager.py seems to be about a whole other mod? Throwing all the files in the relevant folders (Python for two of them, Python/EntryPoints for the other one) and making sure the units and all exist (UNITCLASS_COLONIST, for example) doesn't work.

This mod uses code that does not work for the non-human nations. Platyping has a version in his modcomps that works for both human and ai players.

Ah, I was looking through Platyping's threads initially, actually, but I couldn't find anything.

Buuut I just found it! Thank you! \o/

Top Bottom