Slight Graphics Problem

UnraveledMnd

Chieftain
I'm assuming that this, and not Civ V Bugs, is the right place for this, but if it's not, I'd like to apologize now.

Anyways, this isn't a significant problem that makes the game unplayable, just an annoyance. I was having problems playing the game after the June 14th patch, so after some googling the only thing that I found to fix this was to disable GameCoreThreading by changing it to 0 in the config.ini file found in my documents. This allowed me to get past the first turn and I have had no significant issues since doing so. The problem is that the icons (gold, beakers, hammers, etc.) are now distorted as are the religion icons on a city's nameplate.

I have attached an image of the "broken" gold icon. Like I said, it's not a significant issue, just a minor annoyance. Any help is greatly appreciated :).

Oh, and I have recently upgraded my RAM, I'm not sure if this could cause it or not, but if it did how can I fix it?

Attachments

• BrokenIcons.png
    BrokenIcons.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 125
Could you please post your DXDIAG and I'll take a look? Thanks!

I'm assuming that this, and not Civ V Bugs, is the right place for this, but if it's not, I'd like to apologize now.

Anyways, this isn't a significant problem that makes the game unplayable, just an annoyance. I was having problems playing the game after the June 14th patch, so after some googling the only thing that I found to fix this was to disable GameCoreThreading by changing it to 0 in the config.ini file found in my documents. This allowed me to get past the first turn and I have had no significant issues since doing so. The problem is that the icons (gold, beakers, hammers, etc.) are now distorted as are the religion icons on a city's nameplate.

I have attached an image of the "broken" gold icon. Like I said, it's not a significant issue, just a minor annoyance. Any help is greatly appreciated :).

Oh, and I have recently upgraded my RAM, I'm not sure if this could cause it or not, but if it did how can I fix it?

Your graphics card is below the minimum specs, so well...that could be the cause.
You could still try to update the drivers for it (half year old...but who knows?), and you should sure set everything too low (and don't try to play on DX11).

Your graphics card is below the minimum specs, so well...that could be the cause.
You could still try to update the drivers for it (half year old...but who knows?), and you should sure set everything too low (and don't try to play on DX11).
Is there any reason why it would do this after the patch but not before? I also always play on DX9 with minimum specs, and always in strategic mode (I like it better anyways).

I do not really have an idea :dunno:.
If I should guess: With G&K you have more stuff in the game (more different civs to load, even if they are not used in the game, more different units), which might consume more memory than before...and maybe enough to bring your already stressed computer to its limits.
But that's just a guess :dunno:.

pb1 :
Spoiler :

Scout is green lined in the main screen but appears yellow lined in the unit corner.

pb2 :
Spoiler :

City bombard doesn't update when the unit is killed.

pb3 :
Spoiler :

Fish resources doesn't show in printscreen shots. (transparency not white in the tga files)

By the way, I was beelining Theology with the mayas and was lucky neither askia nor wu played their self restricted OCC.

Attachments

• pacal1.png
    pacal1.png
    488.3 KB · Views: 178
  • pacal2.png
    pacal2.png
    487.6 KB · Views: 138
  • pacal3.png
    pacal3.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 144
I do not really have an idea :dunno:.
If I should guess: With G&K you have more stuff in the game (more different civs to load, even if they are not used in the game, more different units), which might consume more memory than before...and maybe enough to bring your already stressed computer to its limits.
But that's just a guess :dunno:.

Alright, thanks. Guess I'll be saving up for a new graphics card, any recommendations (preferably reasonably priced)?

As a test I disabled G&K expansion pack to see if that was what was causing my issues, and found that it is not. Granted, I'm not sure if disabling it through the DLC menu actually stops the game from loading it, but simply disabling doesn't fix the problem.

It's not a significant issue though, it's not like I'm dealing with overheating or excessive CPU usage with Civ V, just a minor graphics glitch. Thanks again to those that have offered help :).

Top Bottom