Huge Disaster! Help!

CivilizedPlayer

Warlord
So, I was downloading GaK today, and pretty much the hugest calamity of my life took place... It was at 70% downloaded, and then my computer froze and crashed. So I turned it off, and then turned it back on and loaded up Steam, only to find that, not only was GaK completely un-downloaded, but CIVILIZATION V WAS COMPLETELY DELETED FROM STEAM. It's no longer on my computer or on the steam app. The place where "play" should be is now "install". And the worst part is that, according to steam, it will take 3 and a half days to redownload it. Is there any solution to this? Help!

Hey thanks, actually I do. But as it turns out, Steam is just glitching out. Although it said "reinstall Civ V", I checked the size of the download, and it's the exact size of Gods and Kings. So in other words, all that happened was that download restarted. However, there's still a problem. The game won't download. I apparently have "no connection", although I am connected to Steam for sure. Everything else loads fine (the ads, pictures, store, etc.), but the game just can't download for some reason.

Hey thanks again, but still no luck:(. I changed my download region to Pakistan, Germany, and then back to DC, and it still refuses to download. It says I have 0 bytes/s, despite the fact that I have a perfectly fine Internet connection. I've tried every tip I can find, but I literally feel like I'm beating my head against a wall:/. Nothing I do will get me that Gods and Kings DLC! If I hit the download button, it says, "Validating", and then about a second later "Update suspended".

Have you tried closing every thing down and rebooting the computer again?

If you can look in the steam folder, and physically varify that the files are there, then it could be that steam itself has lost the ability to see the files, or at least properly display that the game is there. There has been a lot of "path" issues with strange characters in them. Perhaps steam or the game is hung up in a similiar manner.

The J: Yes, I've rebooted Steam (and my computer, and my modem), several times. No luck. I've tried downloading other stuff, and it downloads fine, but meanwhile my GaK download is stuck frozen. I got so frustrated that I deleted Civ V entirely to start from scratch (it didn't matter, since this issue kept me from playing anyway), but that didn't help. It definitely never actually downloaded GaK (the files aren't there). It says that I have no connection to the content servers. I have no clue how to fix that. Thanks again for the help, the Steam support still hasnt responded:(.

:hmm: are you connected via WLAN, or any other type of connection which is not cable based? If so, I suggest you connect your machine via a cable. Because wireless connections can lose information, and if this information is just the part which starts the download, then it could result in such a situation (...I think...not sure).

Top Bottom