Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

Just suffered my first loss with the dark elves! :aargh:

Started off on my own island, and was able to jump out to a huge lead, but this definitely hindered me in the later stages when massive warfare ensued. The Khemri marched out against basically the rest of the world with an army of about 50,000 earth elementals. As they pushed west conquering other fledgling nations, I came in from the east, took out their coastline and even captured their capitol. But at this point they had amassed too much territory from the other rivals who pretty much bent over for them. They managed to squeak out an 11th hour victory against me. Such a disappointment!

Still love the mod though guys. ;)

See.. the thing is.. pansy elves are fragile.. and they use pointy or slashy weapons. Not so effective agains skeletons. ;) They are also harder to play with cos they get a bad start. By the time they build a spearman, Reikland builds 4 peasants. Sure, you can fortify that spearman, get the palace bonus and defend easily, but you have to do it before a lone peasant reaches your defenseless city, and you can say goodbye to exploring, cos while you make a 2nd spearman to use its superior 2MP speed, all the goody huts are taken. Same with expanding. I churn out peasants to look after settlers, and usually get 10 cities on a small map - Regent. Druchii get 3 cities, tops!

Thats why I was hoping you wuold make us an Early Elven Warrior, so that the Elves who supposedly rocked the ancient era actually do so. :mischief:

I`ve known Khemri to have by far the largest armies in my games. Only a good bashing works against them. They also like their Stacks of Doom. Always have a highly manouverable high defense force when Settra is your neighbour.

50,000 earth elementals :crazyeye:

Maybe a weak warrior 2/2/1 something like that for 20 shields and allow conscription.

-The main body of the High Elf army are citizen militia, When an elf begins his/her service in the citizen levy they are placed in the Archer regiments. When they reach veteran status they are inducted into the Spearmen units.

How bout 2/2/2 so he is as fast as any other elf? I mean, technological progress didn`t make them run faster, they had to start out with it (and the game`s time span is a bit short for some serious evolution ;))

Plus, they`ve already explored the world before Sigmar`s time.

I was thinking that they should stick close to the cities... You could make the 'militia' unit immobile and conscriptable and able to rejoin the city. give them something like a 2/2/0.

Well, seafaring nations could start out with an auto boat. Something like 0\1\4? And all elves could get an auto explorer unit 0/1/2 for 5-10 shields

Is it auto-produced or does it cost shields? Make up your mind ;)

Seafaring nations don`t start with the seafaring tech. That you need to build the most basic coracle. So having boats at the start makes no sense.

And why all elves? Asrai just sit there, they never ever want to leave ;)

Yes. And what I meant is that that makes no sense, cos in "RL" they had all techs except maybe gunpowder (or they did, just not liked it) before others had learned to make fire.

In the mod everyone has the "same" start (4 initial techs are different, but not none is overpowering). This is the WH mod. Not "lets make elves different then everyone else mod" ;) I`m trying to suggest stuff to help the mod, not your game. You can mod the things yourself like easily. I`m trying to follow the mainstream - a warrior, just like everyone else has (I`m proposing one for the Lizzies too ;), the skink model is available ;))

perhaps all the "old races" should be the only ones to have the have the expansionist trait, to facilitate the idea that they have known more about the world for a longer time- and it would bump up their science a bit also

Well I must say that I underestimated how much I would Enjoy Warhammer. I used to think that the fantasy world Mod's where not worth looking at, But Warhammer has converted me. I have liked what I saw so much that I am already checking out the other fantasy Mod's on CFC to see what else I missed.

An way, here is a description of my currant game:
I choose to start the game random and ended up with the Skaven civilization. I am currently sharing a continent with Elves of Loren, Naggaroth, and the Amazons. I'm in the northernmost part of the continent with Loren, Naggaroth, Amazons to the south in that order. Absolutely nothing of interest has happened. But I am planing an attack on Loren as soon as I get the ability to build Gutter Runners.

Well I must say that I underestimated how much I would Enjoy Warhammer. I used to think that the fantasy world Mod's where not worth looking at, But Warhammer has converted me. I have liked what I saw so much that I am already checking out the other fantasy Mod's on CFC to see what else I missed.

An way, here is a description of my currant game:
I choose to start the game random and ended up with the Skaven civilization. I am currently sharing a continent with Elves of Loren, Naggaroth, and the Amazons. I'm in the northernmost part of the continent with Loren, Naggaroth, Amazons to the south in that order. Absolutely nothing of interest has happened. But I am planing an attack on Loren as soon as I get the ability to build Gutter Runners.

Oh the Skavens are one of my most favorite civs of that mod. Personally I think the WH mod is the best fantasy mod out there, at least from the ones I have tried. I absolutely love it. A perfect example of taking a great product like [civ3] and improving it by about 1000%

Top Bottom