Least prioritised theology wonder for AI?

clinton

Warlord
Out of:

(1) Great Mosque of Djenne
(2) Hagia Sophia
(3) Borobudur

Which generally is the one the AI prioritises the least and is the last to be constructed?

Generally I find that they prioritise Hagia Sohpia and that I can generally build Borobudur. I never take piety so I dont pay much attention to Djenne, though I do think they prioritise it.

Definitely Hagia Sophia is the most in-demand. At Deity level it's a way of starting a religion late. On Deity, even when an AI goes Piety, they don't always try for GMoD. I've NEVER seen an AI above Emperor build Borobudur as a matter of priority. The AI gets such ridiculous benefits to spamming missionaries that it really doesn't need Boro.

Hagia Sophia is the one one of these three that it demands the most, so it's not in the running for last. (This actually is a case coded correctly, HS is more useful than the other two)

For the other two in a given game it depends upon how many of the AIs opened Piety, which (along with Honor) is a lot more popular with the AIs than the humans. The more AIs in that game that opened Piety, the earlier GMOD will be compared to Borobudur. That that being dependent on which AIs are in the game this is widely variable on standard map size.

Hagia Sophia is the one one these three that it demands the most, so it's not in the running for last. (This actually is a case coded correctly, HS is more useful than the other two).

If you've already founded your religion, then wouldn't it be better to get a permanent, significant bonus to missionary spread (GMoD)? Or there's Borobodur, 3 missionaries are worth 600 faith while a GP pre-enhance is only worth 300. I mean, I see how speeding up enhancing can help some (getting a better pick of beliefs) but still, I'd rather get a significant bonus to spread from either of the other 2 wonders.

If you've already founded your religion, then wouldn't it be better to get a permanent, significant bonus to missionary spread (GMoD)? Or there's Borobodur, 3 missionaries are worth 600 faith while a GP pre-enhance is only worth 300. I mean, I see how speeding up enhancing can help some (getting a better pick of beliefs) but still, I'd rather get a significant bonus to spread from either of the other 2 wonders.

It's not quite as black and white. Hagia is also worth 600 faith if you add the faith you save from generating the second GP. You can then use that extra faith on whatever you want. An early pagoda or mosque might beat early missionary depending on your strategy.

There are some nice enhancer beliefs that synergize well with an early enhanced religion too. Holy Order, Messiah, Missionary Zeal. Holy Order is probably the best. It allows you to buy a ton of missionaries before the cost goes up in renaissance and really get a foothold on religion. HS + a few quick missionaries from the 300 faith you save on second great prophet > Borobudur for sure. I find myself taking Religious Texts less and less in games these days.

Another fringe benefit of enhancing religion early is that no new pantheons can be founded. This is mostly a multiplayer thing but it could be beneficial on lower levels to slow the AI down.

If you've already founded your religion, then wouldn't it be better to get a permanent, significant bonus to missionary spread (GMoD)?

It's still highly useful in getting your desired second follower belief. In my games there are a ton of AIs that found a religion after I founded but before I enhance.

The faith saved is also higher if you've already founded one. (But the thing to avoid like the plague is already having 200+ faith but not having a spawned the first GP yet when you complete HS)

Top Bottom