[BXP] BAT Xtras Packs - Modpacks for BAT 3.0 and above

Hi Lemon Merchant,

first many thanks for doing so much work on this great project.

I've downloaded 4.1 and installed and uninstalled BAT 3. Now trying to add a few BXP bits and pieces.

I'm downloading from Home / BAT Extras Packs / BXP For BAT 4.0

BXP MEE gives me the error - "There is a potential error with the installation. The installer cannot locate the BAT Mod 3.0...... The installation of MEE will now abort.

BXP Scandinavia Pack gives the same error apart from it refers to 'BAT Mod 4.0'

I let the BAT installer use the default directory - Beyond The Sword/MODS/BAT Mod 4.1 and the mod itself works well.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
Hi cxf.

You aren't doing anything wrong, it's my fault. I have to update the installers for the BXP packs to work with BAT 4.1. I hope to have it done by the weekend.

I'm sorry for the confusion, and thank you for your patience.

Hi Lemon Merchant,

thanks for the clarification and thanks again for doing all this work on BAT - its really appreciated.

Hi Lemon Merchant,

thanks for the clarification and thanks again for doing all this work on BAT - its really appreciated.

We love you, Bat Lady. :love:

Question:

Is anyone having text issues with any of the BXP packs? Especially the First Contact greeting. Please post here if you do, and let me know which pack you are playing. I'm having an issue with the game text on some leaders.

Thank you.

-LM

Hello Lemon !

Great work! Thank you!

I have two problems with the bxp packs for 4.x.

1. The installer can't find the installation directory of the bat mod. So i have unpacked the files with 7-zip and copy/paste it into Bat 4.1

2. Bat mod is running with the xtra packs. But there is a problem with these packs and the german version. It is not possible to read the civnames or the leadernames ingame. Some of the graphics are missing too.

It seems that someting is missing in the xml files. The problem was the same in Version 3.01 with bxp. Someone in this forum has fixed the files for the german version. Is there a way for 4.x too?

We don't need german translations. Only the english text for the german version.

Hello Lemon !

Great work! Thank you!

I have two problems with the bxp packs for 4.x.

1. The installer can't find the installation directory of the bat mod. So i have unpacked the files with 7-zip and copy/paste it into Bat 4.1

2. Bat mod is running with the xtra packs. But there is a problem with these packs and the german version. It is not possible to read the civnames or the leadernames ingame. Some of the graphics are missing too.

It seems that someting is missing in the xml files. The problem was the same in Version 3.01 with bxp. Someone in this forum has fixed the files for the german version. Is there a way for 4.x too?

We don't need german translations. Only the english text for the german version.
I'll see if I can fix that along with my current text problem at the same time. It may take a little while, though. I'm fixing the installers at the same time.

Hi Miss Lemon,

any update on the BXP packs? Any testing someone else can do to help?

I'm having an issue with the first contact diplo text right now. For some reason, it doesn't show up for all leaders. That, and the installers still aren't done. :blush:

I'm working on it. Really.

Hi!

First, my apologies if I'm not in the good thread, but as the things I'd like to know change the gameplay, I think they don't belong in the "request for new features" thread. So, I'd like to know if there was already modpacks that would allow the following things in BAT (for I can't play without it now...:goodjob:), or if somebody could point me the things to do :
- Change the Manhattan Project so that every Civ that want nuclear bombs have to complete it first (i.e. changing it to a team project like the Appolo Project) ;
- Build monasteries after Scientific Method;
- Make the stealth destroyers able to see subs and intercept planes (basically, make the same things than the plain destroyers, plus be invisible and have the First Strikes).
The following is optional, but would be apreciated : Implement the "inquisitors" units (the ones that allow to get rid of non-state religion)

Thanks in advance !

Hi!

First, my apologies if I'm not in the good thread, but as the things I'd like to know change the gameplay, I think they don't belong in the "request for new features" thread. So, I'd like to know if there was already modpacks that would allow the following things in BAT (for I can't play without it now...:goodjob:), or if somebody could point me the things to do :
- Change the Manhattan Project so that every Civ that want nuclear bombs have to complete it first (i.e. changing it to a team project like the Appolo Project) ;
- Build monasteries after Scientific Method;
- Make the stealth destroyers able to see subs and intercept planes (basically, make the same things than the plain destroyers, plus be invisible and have the First Strikes).
The following is optional, but would be apreciated : Implement the "inquisitors" units (the ones that allow to get rid of non-state religion)

Thanks in advance !

There are mods that do all of those things, but you would need to merge them into BAT to make them work. See the tutorials in the Creation and Customization forums to get you started. I'm sorry, but I'm not able to make changes to BAT like that.

Oh, I wasn't asking that you'd do the changes, just wanted to know if someone had already done this ! Well, I've looked in the forum you mentionned, it seems there's what I'm looking for there. Thanks !

Any luck with these additional civilizations for 4.1? I really want Poland, Hungary and Italy atleast, like to play europe map

Any luck with these additional civilizations for 4.1? I really want Poland, Hungary and Italy atleast, like to play europe map

I have them ready, but I have a first contact diplo text problem with them that I'm trying to solve. I'm asking everyone to be patient at this point. This is a tricky problem. :(

Hello! Were these additional civs updated for BAT 4.1 somewhere?

I'm trying to add some of these (polynesia, ceilidh pack) from the linked source forge page but I'm still getting an error (I'm running BAT 4.1), saying: "The installer cannot locate the BAT Mod 4.0 Please make sure that the BAT Mod 4.0 is properly installed and working..." etc. It looks from the thread like it was a known issue and maybe by now is likely to have happened, but if so I must be looking in the wrong place... Can anyone update? Thanks!

I'm slowly getting back to work on the BXP packs. I've been out of commission since last October due to a near fatal car accident, but I've started modding again. I hope to have the packs updated soon and will release them shortly.

They're worth the wait. :)

I'm slowly getting back to work on the BXP packs. I've been out of commission since last October due to a near fatal car accident, but I've started modding again. I hope to have the packs updated soon and will release them shortly.

They're worth the wait. :)

Holy Crap! Well thank you so much for the reply and the update! (I'm sure if I had done some more footwork/lurking on here I should have known!) But I'm glad you are on the mend, and best wishes to a continued and swift recovery.

Note that there are new BXP Packs available for BAT 4.1

Post here if you have any problems.

** Note that there is a first contact text bug with some of the packs. I know about it and am trying to fix it. :)

Top Bottom