Alexander and the Mongol invasion

god of crows45

Guitar Guru of the Wild
CHAPTER ONE: RELATIONS IN HEAT

Alexander, leader of the numberless Greek army and founder of Christianity, was sitting on his bench in the terrace of his palace lawn when the Khan burst thru the ivory gate to his palace.

The Khan had his two most trusted generals with him, Temujin and Hulegu. His long fur robe brushed along the marble pathwayto the palace lawn, and his bow and quiver was strapped to his back, along with his waraxe. His helmet was dented and his breastplate as well. He had obviously just been in a fight, as always.

"Well, Genghis, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company? More fur, perhaps? How about some wines? No? Well, what is it, my furry and suspicious friend?" Alexander said graciously, with an air of smugness in his voice.

"Alexander, we Mongols demand that the Greeks stop trading with our bitter enemy, the infuriating Persians!" The Khan shouted, with flecks of spittle hitting Alexander's grape bowl.

"Hmmm, I'm sorry Genghis, but the Persian's supply us with an imprtant source of beef and horses. We can't afford to lose that trade. I'm sorry," Alexander said, standing up and placing his hand on the Mongol's shoulder in a gesture of bona fide sorrow. The Khan looked down at Alexander's hand in disgust. He opened his mouth wide and bit Alexander's hand.

"Well, Alexander, I hope you like a spoonful of fist 'cause I'm going to ram it into your stomach!! Good bye puny Alexander! You haven't seen the last of Genghis Khan and my horde!!!!" The Khan shouted as Alexander fell to his knees clutching his hand. The Khan and his generals then stomped away, their large black horses waiting outside the gate. Mounting them, the Mongol's then proceeded to spit in the faces of the palace guards.

Shaking his head, Alexander's military advisor, Leonidas, a decorated Spartan general, looked at his fallen king and frowned.

"I told you not to ever meddle in the affairs of the Western continent! And what do you do? You meddle in the affairs of the Western continent!!" said Leonidas, annoyed. "Aghhhhhhh, I'm guessing you want to start training toops twice as fast don't you?"

Alexander nodded, his hand now wrapped in some seaweed salve and wrap. "Make sure that all the phalanx units are trained to defend against keshiks. Train the men against some Roman gladiators in the Arena. Make sure that all the spies concentrate their efforts on the training of Keshiks, what thir formations are, their strategies and the general's habits. If Genghis wants to bite the hand that feeds his inferior little nation, he will feel the slap."

And that concludes this chapter. Tell me what u think. I'm going to finish the next part. Here's the game. It's the attachment.

CHAPTER TWO: DAWN OF WAR

Gripping the shaft of his iron spear, Adrastos the Bloody Prophet thrust savagely at his sparring partner, Admes. The swordsman lifted his sheild in time, bringing his sword around in a swing. Adrastos lifted his bracer, feeling the sword clang of the guard, jarring his forearm. Shouting out in pain, he became unbalanced, allowing Admes to mov in for the kill. Not so. Adrastos, feigning pain, fell on his shield, springing upward from the impact putting his feet in front of him and hitting Admes with a solid kick to the chest. The swordsman fell to his back, allowing Adrastos to bring his spear up to his neck in victory.

"You have beaten me again, Adrastos. If all the phalanx soldiers fought like you, they would'nt be so obsolete," the defeated man remarked jokingly. Adrastos pulled him up, smilling.

"Admes, if all the phalanx soldiers fought like me, there'd be no swordsmen!" Adrastos replied, a laugh forming on his face. He took of his helmet, brushing the dust off of it. The bracer on his left forearm was dented badly, so he took it off and threw it in the bin for the blacksmith to fix at the new forge in Thermopylae. Admes had walked in the other direction, going off to have his splintered shield reinforced with some new wood. Adrastos was on his way to the Christian monastery, eager to continue his studies.

He had gotten the name of the Bloody Prophet due to his Christian beliefs and his frightening skill with a spear. He had been named that at the Battle of Blazing Fields, where a battalion of barrbarian axemen burned down a Greek what field, causing a phalanx unit to be sent and destroy the invaders. Adrastos and his men won that battle, and claimed his victory in the name of his God; later, he anointed his spear with holy water. Now, he was known as a religious fanatic.

Sitting down on his ivory throne, Alexander contemplated his next move very carefully. His emmisary was standing before him, dressed in combat gear in case things weren't so smooth in the Wooden Palace of the Khan. The man was of course, Leonidas. Alexander instructed him to go to the Khan and declare war. The reason? The Mongols had built the cities of Turfan, Beshbalik, and New Sarai near some important resources close to Greek territory. Outraged, he had sent some phalanxs to surround the cities. TO finish, he decided to declare war on the cumbersome Khan and his socalled "horde", which consisted mostly of archers and some axemen. For too long, Mongolia had taken advantage of Greece's generosity and Alexander was tired of it. The time for negotiation was over. The time for action was nigh.

CHAPTER THREE: WAR

Sweat dripping from his furrowed brow, Adrastos dodged the incoming axe swing, feeling the air whip and sing as the axe zoomed above his head. The phalanx soldier took a step back, planted his feet firmly in a launching position, and fired at the axeman, his spear headed for the mans chest. The spear pierced the leather chestplate and went thru the barbarians body. All around the rocky hillside, Greek soldiers were locked in bitter melee combat against barbarian invaders attempting to take the city of Sparta. Adrastos had taken command because Leonidas was off on a diplomatic mission. The phalanx unit was now just cleaning up the the wounded enemy stragglers, finishing them off.

Adrastos took of his helmet and placed on a rock next to him. He knelt on the ground and prayed a rosary. Blessing himself, he stood up and grabbed his helmet, cradling it under his arm. He rounded up his troops and made sure no one was hurt badly. In the end, it was 3,000 dead for the barbarians and 1,534 dead and wounded for the Greeks. Pleased with his victory, Adrastos led his men back home to Sparta.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh Frederick, I fear for your salvation!" Alexander was now in his palace talking to his western neighbors, the barbarian owned Germans. Their leader, Frederick, was a quiet man, dressed in a formal suit and a fancy hat. The two leaders had been talking about religion, with Alexander trying to convert Frederick to Christianity, the most influential religion in the world.

"Well, Alexander, you convinced me. Done. I am now a Christian," the German said, shaking Alexander's hand. Minutes later, Alexander officially baptised Frederick, reminding him of the wonders his God might bestow on him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Five days later, Leonidas made it to the Wooden Palace of the Khan. Gripping his sword hilt tightly, he talked to the guards.

"Hello," he said in perfect Mongol. "I have a message for the Khan. It may involve you in the future."

Nodding their heads, the axemen let him thru. Leonidas strode into the Great hall with an extremely large aura of confidence surrounding him. He walked up to the Khan's large throne, saluting him in a military fashion. The Khan returned the gesture, his teeth gritted in annoyance.

"What does the heretic state of Greece want from the Mongolian Empire? More insults? Some cities? War?" Khan shouted sarcastically. Leonidas frowned and pulled out the stone tablet he had carried for five days.

He read, "To my dear friend Genghis Khan, while you may not bend to the will of Christianity, I have been very lenient towards you, allowing you to scout my lands and share technology for free. In turn, you have done nothing at all but insult me by building three cities closely to my empire. I will not tolerate this act of defiance. I have moblized troops to these cities immediately, and it will be a matter of time before they are mine. Genghis Khan, your head will look perfect on the end of a pole. It's war from here on out, chump."

Leonidas placed the tablet in the palm of the Khan's hand in a gesture of Greek disrespect. He calmly saluted and walked out, his grip on his sword ever tight. The axemen attacked him at the door, starting the war prematurely. Leonidas drew his sword and stabbed wildly. The axemen dodged and ganged up on him. The Greek stalwart then fell to his knees, slashing the legs of his attackers, blood spurting into his face. The Mongols went down screaming, allowing Leonidas to finish them off. Sheathing his sword, he walked out of the city of Karakorum a wanted man.

CHAPTER FOUR: TURFAN

"You must be joking," said Thuylides, veteran Greek officer, as he read the intel reports of how many troops were occupying the city of Turfan. He expected atleast three axeman units or one swordsmen unit. What does he get? Two archer units. Thats it. Sighing, he called for Adrastos, telling him to prepare two invasion forces of phalanxmen. Adrastossaluted him, and walked out of the chamber. Massaging his temples, Thuylides stared at his old axe, the one that had saved his life at the battle of Athens, a battle that had taken place some ten years ago. He reached for his axe, gripping the wooden hilt, fingering the copper blade. Blowing some air out of mouth, he walked out of his chamber, axe in hand.

At Turfan, the two phalanx regiments had already raced down the slopes into the city, catching the archers off-guard. They leapt over the walls that the workers had just now begun working on, jabbing their spears at the archers that were patrolling the area. The MOngols took out their twin blades, ready for melee combat, but the phalanxs were already in control. Adrastos was just barely thru with his 30th Mongol when his lieutenant came up to him.
"The city is ours, sir." Adrastos nodded, and called for the banner carrier. The man raced up to his general, scarred, bloody, bruised, but still keeping the flag in perfect shape. Smiling, he place the flag right in the middle of the city, a testament to the power of the Greek military might.

Meanwhile, in the northern campaign, Thuylides was in the middle of a heated battle against a Mongol ambush party. Some German spearmen had accompanied the Greek army, but were being proved useless against the superior Mongol swordsmen. Thuylides and his axemen, however, were doing quite well, pushing the swordsmen back. But, the city of New Sarai was up on a hill, so it was proving difficult for the Greeks to gain ground. Thuylides waved his axe around, catching an unlucky Mongol right in the ribcage, bringing him down. Screaming maniacally, a group of Germans wo had been perched on a cliff, leapt into the fray, killing many swordesmen in the process. However, luck was on the Mongol side as the remaining Greek forces were driven off, Thuylides not one of them. He stayed and continued fighting, until he was the only man standing. Some more swordsmen came, but he stayed. He killed 500 men that day, before being thrown from a cliff, into the Gobi river below. As he floated upstream towards Germany, he couldn't help but think how his harvest was at home.

Alexander leapt in triumph as he heard about the victory at Turfan. He went over to his altar and kissed the Blessed Virgin. Smiling, he brought a cask of fine Russian whiskey to his outer terrace, celebrating along with his fellow members of Congress. The presidential cabinet was all there, basking in the glory of Greece. It was times like these that made Alexander feel invincible, and the way things would be going, he would become almost immortal.

CHAPTER FIVE: BESHBALIK

Laying down in the bushes near the Gobi River, Thuylides and his men watched as a procession of 3000 axemen marched out of Beshbalik, set to attack the diversion force set up by the Germans. Waiting until they were well out of sight, Thuylides made his men draw their axes. Raising his hand, he made the signal to attack. 6000 Greek axemen leapt into action. Sprinting towards the unwalled city, Thuylides drew his axe. Screaming their war cries, the Greeks attacked the meager defense force of 300 archers and obliterated them. The battle was short, lasting only about 15 minutes. In the end, the Greeks ended up with only 3 wounded and the Mongols lost 297 men, the other three becoming slaves. Nodding his head and with a smug expression on his face, Thuylides surveyed his surroundings. The Greek flag was flying high in the middle of the city, and the Mongols were scurrying around the city. Setting his axe down, he wondered how his counterpart, General Laertes was faring with the Germans.

Laertes was busy cleaning up the remnants of the Mongol forces. He had only brought 500 German swordsmen, and it was obviously enough to stop 3000 Mongol axemen. Taking his sword out of a dead Mongol, he paused and looked out to see the Greek flag flying over the city of Beshbalik. Smiling, he looked away and congratulated his German lieutenant.

Starkow, love to post screenies with my new Dell, but i dont know how.

CHAPTER SIX: TOKUGAWA

With the Mongol threat somewhat reduced, the German army peacefully ended their military alliance with Greece. Frederick was pleased to know that Alexander bore no ill will towards him, for he knew what would happen if he angered Greece's leader. In fact, Alexander was so confident in his number of soldiers and strength of his army that he destroyed the Incan city of Ollantayambo and thus declared war on Huayna Capac. After hearing the news, he jokingly shook his head in disapproval. As he dismissed his news courier, he saw Emperor Tokugawa of the Japanese striding towards his capital city of Berlin with a slew of swordsmen at his side. Frowning, Frederick asked to be accompanied by his elite group of Greek phalanxes, a gift from Alexander. He walked to meet Tokugawa with open arms.

"Tokugawa! What a pleasure to see you yet again!" he said, feigning happiness. In reality, he was extremely suspicious of Tokugawa. Obviously, the Japanese leader felt the same, for he greeted the German leader with an abrupt bow.

"Frederick, we must talk. As you know, we Japanese are very honorable and fair people. We don't really ask for much, just give us our space and we give you yours. Well, Cyrus doesn't comprehend that simple arrangement, instead he decides to build Tarshish right next to our iron deposit not 30 miles from Edo. As you know, we do not like being cut off from our resources. So now we are at war with Persia. Will you help us?"

Frederick was taken aback by this sudden development. He had always thought of the Persians as a peaceful and conflict avoiding people. Obviously not.

"I'm sorry, but we just pulled out of a war with Mongolia after they took the city of Bremen. We are already stretched thin on troops, and we need those to combat the barbarian settlements just north of Leipzig. Now, if you have nothing else to say, I have an important meeting to attend to. Good day Tokugawa."

Calmly, the other leader nodded his head and stalked away. This was of course the meaning for the Japanese- German wars 500 years later.

Top Bottom