Rise and Fall of the American Empires

TheAmerican

Warlord
Prolouge

"For five thousand years our continent has slept, while the other continents have grown and prospered. Our sacrafices to the gods have assured us the favor of the heavens, but the gods can only do so much for our people. We must build great cities, like the Incans to the south, and unlock the mysterys of our continent. The alternative is to submit, and our proud people will never submit to another tribe, we would die before being dishonored in this way. If our continent still sleeps, it will soon be awoken by the screams of our enemies."

Chapter One

Ahuitzotl's situation was not good. Montezuma was returning to the village victorious, having destroyed the Xochiyayoyotl tribe. This was only one of many victories, Montezuma had been on the war path for almost eight years, destroying the Aztec's neighbors and opening up the land for settlement. Even before Montezuma's campaigns the two were fierce rivals for the title of chief, and when Ahuitzotl came out on top he thought that sending Montezuma on a dangerous campaign would be a good way to get rid of his former rival.

Ahuitzotl couldn't have been any wronger. Not only did Montezuma win every battle he fought, but he was returning to the village with an army ten times the size of the one he had when he left. Ahuitzotl knew that with an army backing him, Montezuma's control of his village was inevitable. War with Montezuma would be suicide.

A deep voice shouted, "Well if it isn't my old friend, Ahuitzotl!" from outside Ahuitzotl's den. Ahuitzotl knew exactly whose voice that was, and it instantly changed his mood from nervousness to complete terror.

"Montezuma," Ahuitzotl responded, "come in, come in."

Montezuma obliged Ahuitzotl. Montezuma was a very large man, almost a foot taller than Ahuitzotl. He was still dressed in his military uniform, which wasn't very different from that of the soldiers he commanded. Two eagle warriors came into Ahuitzotl's den, after Montezuma, both were armed.

"Montezuma!" Ahuitzotl shouted with disgust, "how dare you disrespect your chief by bringing armed warriors into my household."

"You make a fine point Ahuitzotl, it would be disrespectful to bring armed warriors into the household of a chief," Montezuma remarked. "That's why I've decided to make myself a King."

Ahuitzotl's heart grew heavier, he tried to say something but he was frozen with fear. Montezuma turned his back on Ahuitzotl and allowed his two soldiers to apprehend his old rival. "Don't look so sad," Montezuma said gently, "you're going to be sacraficed to the gods."

Ahuitzotl is dragged out of his former household. After them comes an unarmed eagle soldier, whom approaches Montezuma with a scroll in hand. "Well," Montezuma asked, "have the peasants been given the word yet?"

"Yes sir, the village has been renamed and the peasants have been ordered to permanently settle here."

To Be Continued

(Tell me what you think, this is my first story)

hey, this looks like an outdated version of RFC. A very old one. Please update it!

So, Maya used to be Independent?

[Ahuitzotl's heart grew heavier, he tried to say something but he was frozen with fear. Montezuma turned his back on Ahuitzotl and allowed his two soldiers to apprehend his old rival. "Don't look so sad," Montezuma said gently, "you're going to be sacraficed to the gods."

Ahuitzotl is dragged out of his former household. After them comes an unarmed eagle soldier, whom approaches Montezuma with a scroll in hand. "Well," Montezuma asked, "have the peasants been given the word yet?"

Nice story so far, and I'm a fan of this type of storytelling. One minor nitpick: In the passage quoted above, you change from past to present tense.

Welsh, you bumped a months old thread... I doubt there will be an update.

Top Bottom