Amelanchier - Nature's Guardian

As I recall from the "World Spells" thread, they act like Great Engineers, except units can weild them to increase Strength.

hmm, I hope march of the trees doesn't crash your computer on arboria map :rolleyes:

Well it asn't march of trees but something did.

:cry: :mad:

Turn 212 was my last. The first ancient forests appeared (well I first noticed them) that turn.

I'll see if I can do anything to salvage this but I fear its the end.

Three hundred and sixty-three long years have the Ljosafar inhabited these forests. A long struggle it has been but I, Amelanchier, can take much satisfaction in the accomplishments of the elves. Much has been accomplished, especially in the last 150 or so years. Much is left to do but some of our long held plans have come to fruition since the unlocking of the secrets of the ancient forests.

The first part of our plan was to spread the word of this wondrous discovery to all of our cities.

And to build a magnificent edifice celebrating the discovery.

Lastly, we had to allow a governance that recognised the true nature of the ancient forests we now call home, one that allows us to live at one with nature.

Once this was achieved, we could start spreading the word to the other races.

There was one race that resisted learning of the true ways of nature, the Dark Elves. Our sages and warriors thought long and hard about how we could bring our foul cousins to hand and a suitable hero was found to complete these plans.

Of course, with any plan, there were setbacks. Firstly, we discovered that we had no access to the Dark Elves lands. Neither ourselves or the Pirate Queen, whose lands we had to traverse, had the necessary knowledge to allow open borders :)confused:). So our sages had the idea to allow exchange of knowledges between the different races. Unfortunately, while we were able to gain some knowledge, the ability to cross others lands was not one of them. Our sages were set this task next.

Once this was achieved, we had clear access to the lands of the Dark Elves. Hannah was used to gain knowledge of the location of their cities.

The Dark Queen has four cities. War is declared and the fighting starts. Her first city falls easily in a surprise attack (missing screenshot :mad:).

Her second city falls not long after. Both were razed to the ground.

The last two cities are tougher nuts to crack. Hordes of archers are seemingly summoned every turn to defend the capital. The majority of the attacking is done by Gilden Silveric but we realise we will need help to finish the battles of.

The plan works, as Faeryl moves her troops south and actually captures one of Hannah's cities. The reduced troop numbers allow us to finish the last two of her original cities.

All that is left is to capture her last Lanum stronghold and return the city to Hannah, its rightful owner and Faeryl and the Dark Elves were no more.

As Gilden Silveric had done most of the fighting, he was able to return home to have a rest in the ancient forests.

The world is now united under the rightful banner of Fellowship of Leaves. However, our sages warned us of rumours of false gods that had been whispered in the dark places of the world. They then set up experiments to disprove and control these false idols.

There are still corners of the globe that have not been enlightened. That is all that remains for us.

Well that was easier than I thought it was going to be. I think I did tip the scales too much in my favour with the Aboria map but I really thought that at emporer, aggressive AI and raging barbs would balance things out.

In any case, it as fun as usual. Shadow seems to be going really well. Hopefully a couple peple might try FfH out now :mischief:

Now off to play Nikis-Knight's map again (which always crashes my laptop after about 400 turns but I can't help myself :lol:)

Better that way... Now continue the show :whipped: :p I want to see how FFH is ( believe it or not ,never tried it... :blush: )

Well it seemed like you got one person hooked ;)

Other than that... loved the story... makes me really look forward to playing that LAN game in february with my friends :goodjob:

Top Bottom