The Civ IV S&T Story Database

I could start a Finished Story archive, along the lines of this, if that would be easier. Means this thread gets less cluttered, and this format's pretty much no work at all. The basic idea being, Hall of Fame would get moved to that thread and people could report when their stories are finished there as well as here. Not sure if this would help much though if at all.

I really think the finished stories should be classed separately, not necessarily in a new thread, in their own section of this thread would be ok too.

Considering how only a few stories ever make it to the "finished" status, it would be only right to give some tribute to their author.

Since many of the old stories were written by no longer active users, to do this right, I think we should even make some archeological work and try to find all the finished stories on the subforum and make a database of em.

I have been thinking about this for some time but did not talk about it until now.

Whether it's done in a new thread or just a continuation of this one, I think the easiest way to take on a project like that is the same way it's been done here, with the fill-in-the-blanks form. It looks like it makes Radio's work a lot easier.

Since many of the old stories were written by no longer active users, to do this right, I think we should even make some archeological work and try to find all the finished stories on the subforum and make a database of em.

This page would be useful for that purpose.

The way i see it is that there are 32 pages in the subforum, goes back to 2005.

Lets say 6 people are checking about 5 pages each. Threads that have less than 5 pages are probably not worth checking. Would not take that much time checking 5 pages. Combine the research effort of everyone and make a database in the style of the present thread.

Once that is done it can then be updated with the "fill the blank approach "

That's it, awesome contribution to mankind is achieved ;)

Sounds good. I can be the thread OP if nobody else desperately wants to.

Top Bottom