Can it get any worse?

R0gue

Noble
I was playing as Byzantium Empire last night, then disaster strikes.

Standard Map
8 Civilizations and 16 city states
Prince level
World like map

I was leading on Culture and Faith (Culture Victory) Not Tourism.
So I was building armies, to take out my competition Brazil.

Not to bothered really, I was leader in the World Congress and had the most votes.

1st world congress was to put an embargo on the city state I declined, but it went through anyway.
2nd world congress; Vote was to Embargo me, I declined. But all the civilizations voted for it. So I had not trade and no gold. Some gold saved. Unhappiness started to decline. I had surplus goods. Nobody would trade. This was becoming a problem. Then every civ denounced me and then went to war with me.

This is the first time in my game, I was in deep S**T Luckily, I had some city states allied, until I could think about what to do. It got worse.
3,4 World Congress they started to ban my luxuries. I could not stop this. Its seem the all AI has finally worked together to overthrow me.

I played another 50 turns to see what I could do. I quit in the end. No Gold, No Trade, lots of unhappiness. All at war with me. The AI is still stupid, when in comes to attacking with their armies.

Has anybody been in a worse Scenario?

Sounds like you either forgot to make friends, or you voted down too many of the other AIs' proposals, or else you picked an ideology none of the others wanted. The AI never does this unless you were a massive jerk. They sometimes do this if you're a loner in your ideology, but DoFs take precedence unless your friends are civs that are known backstabbers.

Did you try to buy the AI's votes? Sounds like you didn't bother. Usually there's enough time to buy at least a few AI's votes, which is often enough to vote down the bad proposals.

"It could have been worse John, a lot worse."

That's a line from Jurassic Park. Get ready for failing electric fences, rampaging T-rex's and loose raptors... :devil:

Well, I had not seen the Zulu's or Attila on my games recently so I started as Nebby and added them into the mix. Guess who I got as neighbours- plus Sweden.

And every game I start now I seem to draw Shaka as a neighbour.

Often you cannot get them to vote on the proposal you care about, but you can bribe them to vote on the other proposal. This removes their vote from the count.

Top Bottom