Assyria bullies my city state at turn 4.

MantaRevan

Emperor
I'm playing as Mongolia and I walk out of Karakorum to find Bucherest. I pledge protection for the influence boost, and then meet Ashurbanipal. I kid you not, the very next turn, turn 4, Assyria comes to me to inform that he took tribute from Bucherest.:crazyeye: What? How? This is emperor difficulty, doesn't the AI only start out with 2 warriors? I am officially confused. :confused:

Did he take tribute or he attacked them? Maybe the AI is learning how OP worker stealing is. :p

Is bullying/the ability to bully tied to military strength or something? I never noticed and am genuinely curious.

Is bullying/the ability to bully tied to military strength or something? I never noticed and am genuinely curious.

When you go to demand tribute from a city-state, if you mouse over the "Demand Gold" and "Demand Worker" options, a list of modifiers pops up. These modifiers determine whether the CS gives in to your demand. One modifier is your overall military strength; another (and generally the most important one) is the presence of your military near the CS's borders. CS are less likely to give tribute if they have an ally and/or a pledge of protection from a major power.

When you go to demand tribute from a city-state, if you mouse over the "Demand Gold" and "Demand Worker" options, a list of modifiers pops up. These modifiers determine whether the CS gives in to your demand. One modifier is your overall military strength; another (and generally the most important one) is the presence of your military near the CS's borders. CS are less likely to give tribute if they have an ally and/or a pledge of protection from a major power.

I think he had one scout and maybe a warrior near Bucherest. Is that enough for them to give in? It was too early in the game for him to build anything else.

If the CS had no military at all then maybe. I've never run into a situation that early in the game; usually I need 4 or more units to get a CS to pay tribute, even if they don't have a protector.

I've seen Kamehameha demand tribute while only 1 of his starting warriors was near the CS, so yeah, I'd say the AI isn't playing by the same rules there.

You can bullly CS yourself with your starting warrior only sometimes - usually on lower difficulties (because the AI doesn't have many units on the map and the CS themselves may not have any so your 1 warrior is strong enough compared to other militaryies in the area).

I've bullied city states with my starting warrior plus a exploring scout for like 50 gold that early before....

I felt bad. That was in gods n kings though xD

Top Bottom