Never-Before-Seen Civilizations

Which of the following Civs belongs in the game? (Please Select All That Apply)

• Total voters
@Alezander01
which civ do you think most deserves to be put into the game?

That's a bit of an oversimplification, JWAT44. The Hebrews' cultural impact on the world is huge. You should read up on them. :)

Who do I think should be added? Hmm. Well, I did submit the poll. The only Civs I really think are both worthy and potentially have a chance of someday making it into the franchise are the options I submitted in the poll. It's hard to pick just one though.

judaism is pretty important. but jerusalem should probably just be a city-state.

but it isn't quite good enough to found a religion to be considered a civilization in the game. the hebrews were also very small and not significant on the world stage like most of the other civs in the game (siam/songhai...) but even they were regional powers at their height.

The Hebrews also founded Christianity, and had a profound influence on Islam as well. The Hebrew legal code is the basis for all western legal codes today. The Hebrews also briefly had an empire, stretching from the Euphrates to Arabia. No other single civilization has had such a profound cultural impact on the world, really.

Political power is not the only measurement by which a culture's legacy can be determined.

The Hebrews also founded Christianity, and had a profound influence on Islam as well. The Hebrew legal code is the basis for all western legal codes today. The Hebrews also briefly had an empire, stretching from the Euphrates to Arabia. No other single civilization has had such a profound cultural impact on the world, really.

Political power is not the only measurement by which a culture's legacy can be determined.

well the law code comes from judaism and so does christianity and islam so there is a great deal of cultural impact but what kind of ability would they have in-game?? there is no religion or they could have something to do with that but what would their UA, UU, UB be? i can see moses or david as their leader but the others i don't really see

Leader: Solomon
UA: Law of Moses (or the Torah). Some sort of bonus to happiness or order.
UU: Israelite Slinger or Zealot or some sort of Hill Rebel or Hasmonean. I prefer the slinger, though. Best represents their preference for lighter, versatile infantry.
UB: Yeshiva. Provides increased science/culture bonus. Ordinarily I'd say Synagogue, but the potential still exists for the inclusion of religion in an expansion.

Solver posted a well-thought-out Hebrews mod a while back.

Leader: Solomon
UA: Law of Moses (or the Torah). Some sort of bonus to happiness or order.
UU: Israelite Slinger or Zealot or some sort of Hill Rebel or Hasmonean. I prefer the slinger, though. Best represents their preference for lighter, versatile infantry.
UB: Yeshiva. Provides increased science/culture bonus. Ordinarily I'd say Synagogue, but the potential still exists for the inclusion of religion in an expansion.

you know what i think they should include the hebrews in an expansion that has religion as an added feature. that would be a very good expansion if they did religion right. now that i think about it slingers do make sense, its been a long time since battles bc or bible battles have been on the history channel lol

i don't think they should have slingers because of inca, but there are tons of possibilities for what they can have.

Honestly I'd prefer to see an actual regular Slinger unit in the game, representing early light infantry, with the Inca and Hebrew UUs replacing it. The Inca UU could be renamed the "Quechua Slinger." :p

Honestly I'd prefer to see an actual regular Slinger unit in the game, representing early light infantry, with the Inca and Hebrew UUs replacing it. The Inca UU could be renamed the "Quechua Slinger." :p

before or at the same time as archers? they obviously couldn't be after but i could see them at or before the archers.

Probably available beforehand. If done right, they'd serve a slightly different function though. Could have a starting bonus for fighting in rough terrain too.

If religion ever gets added in an expansion, the Hebrews would be a perfect religion-centric civ.

they could be a slightly weaker unit like the spearman compared to the swordsman

If religion ever gets added in an expansion, the Hebrews would be a perfect religion-centric civ.

if they really make an expansion like that i would feel like a future teller and would make further video game predictions lol. it would be a great addition to the game also

Tibet would be another good civ to add in a religion-themed expansion.

they could make a big religion scenario with the five major religions and all the minor ones playing on one map to see which religion prevails or something like that

^^^^my only issue with hebrews is that they are pretty much known for founding judaism and conquering the canaans, not much more. in my opinion that isn't enough to be included.

Well, three of the major religions originated from their culture (I'd give them credit for all three, not just one). Also, modern Israel has been impressive militarily. It's also unique in that it's the only dead language to be brought back to life for common usage.

Top Bottom