Terracotta Army

Oh, That actually seems a little underpowered, then, unless you have an incredibly diverse army (basically with the intent of building TA.

In most cases wouldn't it be easier to simply spend the 15 turns on building those units?

I love this change. It does require some planning though it is much more interesting (and flavorful) than the old barely-relevant culture bonus. Warmongers needed a decent wonder and this fits the bill perfectly.

Edit: I used the GE I got from completing Liberty on this last game so I doubled my army for no hammers. I took out Austria and the Shoshone with these units. It was great.

I've built it. It's good if you want to skip some production for an instant siege but otherwise meh. It only gives 1 of each TYPE of land military unit.
For example if you're going culture heavy and don't have the production for whatever military you want this is a good choice.

If you build the Terracotta Army as Germany, do you get a copy of a Brute as well as a Warrior, and a Hand-Axe as well as a Chariot Archer?

It specifically says "one of each type of land unit you control..". So, I think it includes any gifted units or captured units.

So has anyone managed to build this yet, or does the AI really go for it?

Also, can anyone clarify something re. "unit type" - if you have units at different stages on the same path, say, an Archer and a Composite Bowman, will you get one of each, or only one Composite Bowman?

I never built it before but I've noticed the AI definitely goes for it. Attila built it in my current game, I'm Arabia.

There is an ideology trait in Freedom that instantly gives you Six Foreign Legion. I did that in my first game just before going to war with Japan. I updated them all to WW2 Infantry too before declaring war.

This is realy strange. There are several people on this board who claim that the AI never declares war in BNW no matter what you do.

I am actualy beginning to question theire words now...

Its not no a matter of what you do (well it is but not so much), its CiV disposition and timing. The warmongers (Zulu, Germany, Greece) will attempt to build up their economy at first. If they are lucky (I had the Zulu start near 5 crab and 3 wales) they are building up fast and you can see the occasional turn 70 rush. But most of the time its turn 100+ now (standard speed).

There seems to be non warmongering civs by definition now. Maroco for example, had a huge army and kept in on the defense only. Apparently they hated warmongers, despite the fact that I planted a city right next to their capital and they coveted my lands and wonders and by turn 60 I had not a single scout.

Terracotta Army + Statue of Zeus= Big military combo (I did it in a game with Poland **)

I am terrible and often ignore my initial military build up. Sometimes, to my deep regret. By circumstances, in current game, I have gotten two military CSs as friends very early. I went for the Terracotta Army. I had one of each unit and doubled my military by adding a pathfinder, a composite bow, an archer, a warrior, a horseman, and a spear. I bought the spear just before completing the TA. I had planned as best as I could and ended up with a +2 budget after maintenance. For me, this was all a micromanagement triumph.

[For those tracking such details: the original Composite Bow was an upgraded Pathfinder. The cloned Composite Bow did not have any of the Pathfinder abilities.]

I am still playing a non-aggressive game so far, but everybody is so much nicer to me! A peacenik's approach to the Terracotta Army!

I am still playing a non-aggressive game so far, but everybody is so much nicer to me! A peacenik's approach to the Terracotta Army!

Well Ill give you Alexanders advice: Poke them in the eye with that army dammit!

Top Bottom