Updated Starting Biases (XML)

Blueboots

Chieftain
I didn't until late last night that they had updated the starting biases for several civilizations in the expansion's XML. Just for your benefit, I've supplied them below (hopefully this is useful to you all).

Coast: Byzantium, Korea, Indonesia, Portugal, Venice
Hills: Austria (old?)
Jungle: Brazil
Plains: Mongolia (this seems old), Poland
Desert: Morocco
Tundra: Sweden

Avoid Tundra: Assyria, Babylon
Avoid Forest: Huns
Avoid Jungle: Huns (again), Zulu

There you go, everyone! Enjoy your summer!:cool:

Still odd Egypt doesn't have a Desert/River start though... Even if they don't want to start Egypt in the middle of the desert since they actually have no bonus for desert, at least give them River bias - the Nile was the life artery for Egypt!

EDIT: Or do they and you just haven't listed it because it isn't new? I'm actually not too sure... :confused:

Still odd Egypt doesn't have a Desert/River start though... Even if they don't want to start Egypt in the middle of the desert since they actually have no bonus for desert, at least give them River bias - the Nile was the life artery for Egypt!

EDIT: Or do they and you just haven't listed it because it isn't new? I'm actually not too sure... :confused:

Maybe it's just me, but most civilizations, with the exception of ocean civs, typically do start beside a river or two.

So some of these start biases are only for slight historical accuracy. I think tundra starts will hurt Sweden.

So some of these start biases are only for slight historical accuracy. I think tundra starts will hurt Sweden.

When I first saw that, I thought the reasoning was opposite that of Songhai's Avoid Tundra. Beginning in tundra helps to avoid territorial disputes (being in the center of things), which make for a nice diplomatic transition throughout. However, the same cannot be said for Russia...

Think there's some missing (e.g., The Iriqouois get a forest start bias IIRC), although maybe they just didn't update them (even though it seems some old ones that were known were listed again).

Think there's some missing (e.g., The Iriqouois get a forest start bias IIRC), although maybe they just didn't update them (even though it seems some old ones that were known were listed again).

These were just the ones listed under this expansion's tweeks. As far as anything else goes, I'm not sure.

Sweden gets tundra starts now? Awesome, makes it even easier to play diplomatic since you only have to deal with 1 or 2 neighbors coveting your lands.

Top Bottom