Civilization V: Gold Edition coming soon

@Ozy

That's basically what I am trying to figure out too, because the "upgrade versio" gives no details whatsoever about what it contains.... Is this the same thing you are looking at?: http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

Yes, that's what I found on the Steam desktop app. I bought it and it's installing right now. I figured for $5.00 it was worth a shot. I'm guessing it has everything.

Edit 2: Another question, since this upgrade bundle is delightfully vague about what it contains. Does the upgrade bundle include G&Ks? Because for one, that seems simply odd because of how cheap it is, but two: If possible I'd like to not have to download G&Ks again, just the DLC civs and scenarios. So what does this upgrade bundle upgrade FROM? Vanilla Civ or G&K?

I think that the upgrade will just add to G&K what you don't already have.

EDIT (5:06PM EST): @Shadow717, from what I see, the Gold Edition upgrade is an upgrade to both the Vanilla and G&K versions of the game. It does just what I suspected it to do: add to your game whatever is missing from the version you have. Hope this helped!

Wow I sure would love to take part of this great deal, but steam is being absolute crap about it because I don't currently live in the same country my billing address is at....

anyone trying to buy something from steam when your not in your home country, good luck.

Wow I sure would love to take part of this great deal, but steam is being absolute crap about it because I don't currently live in the same country my billing address is at....

anyone trying to buy something from steam when your not in your home country, good luck.

Well you can always add ?cc=[country_code] to the end of the address bar so that Steam allows you to purchase games while being in another country. E.g. ?cc=US if your card is an US one, ?cc=UK if it's from the UK, etc.

I've used this trick numerous times while I was outside the country, and it worked flawlessly.

This "upgrade" you guys are talking about - where do you find it?

I bought Civ V retail when it first came out, but it was the Steam version. I'm just now browsing around and seeing that there should be a discounted "upgrade" version for people who already have Civ V to upgrade to the other stuff, but I don't see it anywhere. All I see is like the Gold edition for full price usually.

But anyway, this 75% off is great and I'm going to use it to upgrade for a really cheap price. It's just I want to know where everyone is finding these upgrade prices all the time and not just with special deals like today.

Well you can always add ?cc=[country_code] to the end of the address bar so that Steam allows you to purchase games while being in another country. E.g. ?cc=US if your card is an US one, ?cc=UK if it's from the UK, etc.

I've used this trick numerous times while I was outside the country, and it worked flawlessly.

I don't know, from what I read online steam checks your IP to find out where you are when you purchase something, so it would still have know I wasn't in the US I think. I managed (through honestly, 2+ hours of headache. Steam is garbage) to get it from a friend as a gift who I will pay back. Maybe it would have worked, maybe not. I'm just happy to have the game and be done with steam for hopefully a long time

This "upgrade" you guys are talking about - where do you find it?

I bought Civ V retail when it first came out, but it was the Steam version. I'm just now browsing around and seeing that there should be a discounted "upgrade" version for people who already have Civ V to upgrade to the other stuff, but I don't see it anywhere. All I see is like the Gold edition for full price usually.

But anyway, this 75% off is great and I'm going to use it to upgrade for a really cheap price. It's just I want to know where everyone is finding these upgrade prices all the time and not just with special deals like today.

Its a little difficult to find, but if you go to the main Civ5 steam page (should have trailers and some screenshots up top, and just scroll down you should see the specials. There should be a "gold edition bundle" which contains everything. And then under that you should see a cheaper "gold edition upgrade pack" for 5$/ 2,50 Euros. I don't know wether or not the upgrade packs contains G&K though, so I don't know which one you would need if you only have vanilla Civ5

edit: here this link shows it, although its the EU link. not sure if you need US or UK or anything http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

Thanks for the link Shadow717. I took a chance on the Gold Edition upgrade and it does include everything including Gods and Kings. So with the 75% off the already cheap upgrade cost, I went from vanilla with no dlc to everything so far for a ridiculously cheap price!

Thanks for the link Shadow717. I took a chance on the Gold Edition upgrade and it does include everything including Gods and Kings. So with the 75% off the already cheap upgrade cost, I went from vanilla with no dlc to everything so far for a ridiculously cheap price!

No problem, I thought it might include G&K but the price was so low I was actually having a hard time believing it haha, enjoy!

"One World" expansion??? this is good news!

Top Bottom