Trade with another city

Paulmac66

Chieftain
Hi im a newbie

One of my cites needs dye, i have found another city not owned by me which has dye
i have tried to trade with them but dye doe not show up on the list of items they will trade

Do i have to annex the city to get the dye or is there another way

Thanks in advance

Hi Paulmac66

The other city most likely only has the one resource hex and they are using what little they have for themselves or already traded it with another civ. If you don't see any other dye on the map you will have to conquer that city and take it.

...One of my cites needs dye....
No city needs a luxury resource they just want it for 20 turns. If you mange to get dye that city will go into "We Love The King Day" (referred to as WLTKD). The benefits of having a city in WLTKD is that you get a multiplier(I forget the exact amount but I think it's %25) to excess food, thus making it grow faster.
I suggest you don't conquer a city just for a 20 turn WLTKD rather try to trade it from other AI civs. A friendly AI will give a non unique luxury away for 240 gold, 9 gpt, a luxury, or 5 strategic resources it wants. If it is their last copy of that luxury then it's 720 gold, 28 gpt, 3 luxuries, 3 * 5 strategic resource it wants. You must have a DOF if you want trade lump sums of gold.

They may also have yet to build an improvement on the dye and so couldn't trade it yet.

Top Bottom