What map settings do you guys use?

i've played several different types of maps (pangea, continents, fractal etc) and they are all fun.

however, i found it more enjoyable to play a totally random map and random civ. it makes it more interesting when you don't know what you are up against. this will test your ability to adapt to the situation and adjust your strategy....just like what our ancient ancestors did in the past :)

i've played several different types of maps (pangea, continents, fractal etc) and they are all fun.

however, i found it more enjoyable to play a totally random map and random civ. it makes it more interesting when you don't know what you are up against. this will test your ability to adapt to the situation and adjust your strategy....just like what our ancient ancestors did in the past :)

Random setups, and the unknown, definitely adds quite a bit. But the RNG will happily give you Carthage (as your civ or an opponent) on great plains map. And the nature of RNG (with 43 civs but only 8 at a time) is that some opponents you will face too often, and some not at all. I find it so much more entertaining to pick the set up. Ideally, there would more advance settings which would theme each game, but in lieu of that, I think picking the map/civs is more fun than RNG. YMMV

Random setups, and the unknown, definitely adds quite a bit. But the RNG will happily give you Carthage (as your civ or an opponent) on great plains map. And the nature of RNG (with 43 civs but only 8 at a time) is that some opponents you will face too often, and some not at all. I find it so much more entertaining to pick the set up. Ideally, there would more advance settings which would theme each game, but in lieu of that, I think picking the map/civs is more fun than RNG. YMMV

Why not Really Advanced Setup and go full ham on the settings. I like to set every Civ to have a natural wonder within 2-3 tiles and unlimited copies of each wonder :goodjob:

Standard Earth has always had an appeal.

Decent size continents with a good smattering of islands. I know that it gives a significant advantage after you realise a few turns of exploring where exactly you are, but, it is really appealing as the Babylonians to destroy the Germans who are located in Africa with a large army of giant depth robots.

Top Bottom