How much can faith costs rise?

I have noticed in my game that as I have continued to buy religion units they have gotten more expensive. At the moment a GP costs roughly 1300 points. Is there some kind of maxiumum price or will the costs rise forever? And how quickly do costs rise?

Each great person will have a cost that is:

Code:
Previous GP + (n-1)*500

Where the first person costs 1000 faith and "n" is the number of great persons of that kind you have purchased. Thus, the cost will go like this:

Code:
n = 1     1000 faith
n = 2     1500 faith (+500)
n = 3     2500 faith (+1000)
n = 4     4000 faith (+1500)
n = 5     6000 faith (+2000)
n = 6     8500 faith (+2500)
etc.

Great prophets have their own cost scheme which is:

Code:
Previous Prophet + (n-1)*100

Where first prophet costs 200 faith. So great prophets will go like:

Code:
n = 1      200 faith
n = 2      300 faith (+100)
n = 3      500 faith (+200)
n = 4      800 faith (+300)
n = 5     1200 faith (+400)
n = 6     1700 faith (+500)
n = 7     2300 faith (+600)
n = 8     3000 faith (+700)
etc.

RelIgious buildings also have an increase of faith cost per era that's kinda similar to the faith cost increase per era for prophets.

So there is no limit to how much religion units can cost? Doesn't that mean that after some point buying them becomes impossible?

So there is no limit to how much religion units can cost? Doesn't that mean that after some point buying them becomes impossible?
Yes, they will increase in cost indefinitely, so there will be a certain point where buying another unit is not viable, albeit technically not impossible.

GPr increase geometrically like other GP, but start at a lower threshold, and that was what OP was about. But now are we talking about GP or units?

So there is no limit to how much religion units can cost?

Yes, they will increase in cost indefinitely

Missionaries and buildings increase dramatically in cost per era, but the cost is not effected by the number of units/buildings. So there is a limit, and they will not increase in cost indefinitely.

Assuming no discount, Mosques/Pagodas/Cathedrals cost 1000 faith in the Information Era. How desperate are you for +1/2 local happiness at that point in the game? (On the other hand, if GP costs have risen to 4000+ faith, that might look affordable...)

GPr increase geometrically like other GP, but start at a lower threshold, and that was what OP was about. But now are we talking about GP or units?

Missionaries and buildings increase dramatically in cost per era, but the cost is not effected by the number of units/buildings. So there is a limit, and they will not increase in cost indefinitely.

Assuming no discount, Mosques/Pagodas/Cathedrals cost 1000 faith in the Information Era. How desperate are you for +1/2 local happiness at that point in the game? (On the other hand, if GP costs have risen to 4000+ faith, that might look affordable...)

I have a religion where I get bonus money from the people fallowing the religion. If the map is large enough, won't the extra money be worth it in the long term even if you have to spend 4000 faith on great prophets (that is the maxium faith cost for them if I understood you correctly?)?

In my current game on a standard map my religion only controls about 30% or so of the world population and yet it makes me about 50 money a turn (though this is of course not the true profit since religion buildings have to be maintained which costs money).

^ actually I don't think religious buildings have maintenance cost, unless you're talking about shrines and temples.

Maximum faith cost for great prophets, and other great people, is unbounded, not capped at 4000 faith. The cost of your 8th GPr is 3000 faith, 9th is 3800 faith, etc., as KasperGM detailed in his first response to your OP. But yes, it could well be worth it.

Shrines and Temples have modest gpt maintenance. Faith purchased buildings do not have a maintenance costs. There is a policy in Piety that causes Temples to increase wealth, and if you pick that up, then I think temples eventually make up the gpt, but I am not sure.

Top Bottom