Complete list of easter eggs in Civ3

Nobody knows what Yumbo! is, but people (like me) have been obsessing about it. Just look at my email. :lol:

At the end of the Pirates! credits, there is a kitten and a “meow!” Gotta love those ending remarks.

[civ3] [civ3mac] [ptw] [c3c] [civ4] Are there any other funny messages at the end of other civ credits? Ive looked in civ 4 but those cedits are just soooooooo loooooooong.

I see a lot of strange messages in my game, are they easter eggs?

There were these 2 ones: "assland" and "Madame Settler" (I started a thread about them).
I've seen strange unit names like " [][[[][][][]yyyyyZZ%%%Worker " .Or tiles names like "Big Forest", or strange techs names like "Alaphabatea".

I have screenshots for each of them.

Seing those shots would be nice.

Do you have any screenies for the strange unit names, tile names, and tech names?

I saw that in the Madame Settler screenie.

I don't know if this is an easter egg or not but it is wierd. I haven't ever messed with the text files but in conquests when I click on civ content and slect a scenario to play and see the screen where you select your civ, your rivals, etc. press the X button and it will put up the main menu except there instead of new game it says barricade and instead of load game it says build barricade. But at the bottom where it says the copyright stuff it isn't there:eek: and it is replaced with the words: close the door when you leave. There was a few more wierd things that it said but Iforgot and I'll have to check again.[civ3] [civ3mac] [ptw] [c3c] [civ4] This only worked with the playground Scenario

Sashie VII said:
About 3 hours ago I saw something surprising..

My domestic advisor said "sleep is for the weak"! I thought only the military advisor can say that? :confused:

Was caught off-guard, didn't manage to get a screenshot :sad:
Everyone says that when it's at night. I first saw it at my science advisor. Then cultural. Then domestic.

I have noticed noticed something about the Queen Elizabeth flic. Is it possible that the guy on her wall is actually Walter Raleigh, not Shakespear. I have heard from various sources that Raleigh was a favorite of the queen. Just a thought...

I found one!!!! A city was in Civil Disorder, and the Domestic Advisor said "____ in flames. Film at eleven." (I forget the city name).

I don't have a screenshot of it though! Has this happened to anyone else?

Not to me, but it's a confirmed easter egg. See the link on the first post.

Elapid said:
I don't know if this is an easter egg or not but it is wierd. I haven't ever messed with the text files but in conquests when I click on civ content and slect a scenario to play and see the screen where you select your civ, your rivals, etc. press the X button and it will put up the main menu except there instead of new game it says barricade and instead of load game it says build barricade. But at the bottom where it says the copyright stuff it isn't there:eek: and it is replaced with the words: close the door when you leave. There was a few more wierd things that it said but Iforgot and I'll have to check again.[civ3] [civ3mac] [ptw] [c3c] [civ4]

This just happened to me the other day. It happens when you open up PTW and play a scenario that has a more advanced Script file. This can also happen if you play Conquest with a smaller version of the Script file.

Top Bottom