From a complete Noob's perspective...Part 2...

Three extra tiles in each direction. Figure that your city starts out in the #5 spot on a keypad. Once you have a courthouse, you get three extra tiles in each direction, north, south, east and west. You don't get the diagonal tiles, so it looks like a fat cross.

@Bismark...

Could you differentiate a 'resource tile' from food producing tiles, or hammer producing tiles, or gold producing time that I see? Is a 'resource tile' something different?

You mention that the spot where they place you first don't seem to have the amount of 'resource tiles'...might you elaborate for me, just so I can begin to differentiate between 'resource tiles' in your definition and 'resource tiles' in my understanding.

Thanks!

Mark

Oh, right. Resource tiles are the ones that have coal, or marble or cattle or fish or whatever. Something that gives some sort of bonus above and beyond the normal production of that kind of tile. Like an ocean tile with a whale on it will still produce 2 science or gold, but if you have Navigation, it will produce the 2 science or gold as well as 4 food because of the whale. Getting as many of those tiles as you can is one of the most important parts of where to place your city.

Hey Bis,

Ueber sweet...thanks! Both make total sense now...There is a whole bunch I'm not taking full advantage of, due to the fact that I just don't know...

Gotcha thanks!

Mark

Hey CivNoob, nice to meet you.
Like we say here in Brazil:"we both are in the same boat".
Well i'm a noob too and i'm having some trubles to win too. But i'm playing on Deity. I know it's hard but it's cool, I don't try to win, but to survive. While in this jungle, surviving betteween wolves, i go for tech victory trying to avoid war. But the AI is cruel, you give what they want they be in peace if you don't... they kill you. Even giving everything they kill you, saying something like: You are annoying me.Time to die.
But all of this makes the game cool.

by the way, sorry for the bad english. here we don't speak english too much

Hey Psi,

Well, you are more brave than I...I'm still sticking with Warlord, for one more game. I'm winning on that level, but not too pretty. I got smacked around pretty good on King, so I know that I'm not ready for the big leagues yet!

Good luck to you, and to the contrary, your English is quite good! Far better than my Portuguese :) I don't speak a word, although it is a beautiful language!

I'm a noob.

I am confused on trade. Do tiles indicate trade like food or gold? The reason I ask is I can't seem to find it on the city information hud.

What started me on this search was playing a game and seeing Colossus of Rhodes doubled trade in the city created. But I couldn't remembering seeing a icon or tile indicating trade.

Thanks in advance for help!

"Trade" is like the catch-all term for what is harvested from water and desert tiles. Depending what you've toggled for that city to harvest, gold (gold bar icons) or science (blue beaker icons), that's what those tiles will yield, and wonders like the Colossus will double both of them. Whichever one you pick is what you will gain each turn: science will add to the points you accumulate each turn towards getting a new tech and gold will add that many more gold pieces each turn. This is why it's good to dedicate a city to one or the other and specialize. Science cities don't need banks and markets, and Gold cities don't need libraries and universities. Make more sense now?

Top Bottom