Welcome to Wildmana

Can I play with my husband via internet? Or lan or something? If we both install FFH and Wildmania, will we be able to play together?

Yes,

make sure both of you have EXACTLY the same core version and patch installed.

use the multi-player menu to set the game up

see this thread

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=368914

(and probably some others)

Some of the newly added civs can cause OOS issues

I play with my wife hotseat.

But yes, you can play with your husband over lan/internet. But you will probably need to get a hotfix for OOS issues. I think it is around here somewhere.

I play with my wife hotseat.

But yes, you can play with your husband over lan/internet. But you will probably need to get a hotfix for OOS issues. I think it is around here somewhere.

the hotfix is on the FIRST post on the main download thread if I recall correctly

after capturing a foreign city if i build their palace will i loose control of that city?
i suggest lowering the requirements of foreign trade to OPTICS; if a ship can travel intercontinentally, it was trading. not to mention i am having a really hard time with the economics of this mod.
i love the adjusting difficulty option, so many games i've played that become way too easy or way too hard on the same setting (i generally play noble or prince). however i've noticed that once i get to 3rd place the game increases in difficulty 'til i'm playing deity just to stay in 3rd.
Again tx 4 all the hard and wonderful work.

after capturing a foreign city if i build their palace will i loose control of that city?
i suggest lowering the requirements of foreign trade to OPTICS; if a ship can travel intercontinentally, it was trading. not to mention i am having a really hard time with the economics of this mod.
i love the adjusting difficulty option, so many games i've played that become way too easy or way too hard on the same setting (i generally play noble or prince). however i've noticed that once i get to 3rd place the game increases in difficulty 'til i'm playing deity just to stay in 3rd.
Again tx 4 all the hard and wonderful work.

1) no you will not loose control of that city for that reason (and im not sure you would actually be building that civs palace?)

2) one could make the argument that optics is about discovery, trade follows discovery

3) the economics are not as hard as they first may appear, your strategy needs to follow a broader path probably, balancing civics/monetary buildings/city development
I test on Noble difficulty, and if I delay making markets too long, I usually suffer a penalty. In the short term go for RoK which is a monetary based religion, this will help you until you flesh out your broader strategy.

4) check the custom game options. there is one option that increases difficulty with score placement. it may be on unintentionally.

5) maybe stick with one civilization until you get it down before moving onto another civilization, Wild Mana civs are intended to be much different as much as possible.

6) enjoy the process it gets better with time.... :)

tx 4 response. i took a few Bannor cities n have the option of building Bannor palace in them, however i don't remember having the option of building the palaces of other civ's palaces that i took, but this is the 2nd or 3rd game i've played n my memory sux. perhaps its just Bannor? a glitch? that would be ok by me if so, however i imagine it would make them a target.

the foreign trading is just a suggestion, i do actually spread rok just to carry my econ in the beginning, it just seems that the economics are very difficult for quite a long while without an early slave option to mass produce workers quickly enuf to replace them as fast as they are lost, the monetary bldgs are quite a while in, etc...

yes, i was praising your varied difficulty option. tx again. NZ

tx 4 response. i took a few Bannor cities n have the option of building Bannor palace in them, however i don't remember having the option of building the palaces of other civ's palaces that i took, but this is the 2nd or 3rd game i've played n my memory sux. perhaps its just Bannor? a glitch? that would be ok by me if so, however i imagine it would make them a target.

the foreign trading is just a suggestion, i do actually spread rok just to carry my econ in the beginning, it just seems that the economics are very difficult for quite a long while without an early slave option to mass produce workers quickly enuf to replace them as fast as they are lost, the monetary bldgs are quite a while in, etc...

yes, i was praising your varied difficulty option. tx again. NZ

I use scouts (2) or warriors (2) as worker guards until my inner borders are clear, so that I dont have to build oodles of them. Its a hard balance between building enough units to deter aggressive neighbors, and developing monetary buildings and civs to keep the economy from chocking down.

Another area that usually makes it difficult for me is over aggressive expansion. I have always been one to grab choke points and strategic places or resources. If you read a lot of the power players hints, they develop smaller tracts of land with few cities, make them power houses and then take build an unstoppable army, then steam roll.

I prefer the "atmosphere" of a game, and play more like an RPG then a true strategy player, thats a hard balance to achieve, but for me thats what its all about, the feel of the game, more then winning for winnings sake.

i also test exclusively on the Erebus Continent mapscript that comes with Wild Mana, as far as Im concerned it is the perfect map for this mod. The nice thing about it is that it generates lots of choke points, so that you can block off tracts of wilderness for future development "IF" one prefers to be a builder rather then a warmonger in their play style. If you havent tried that map, do so, it makes a big difference in the game to me.

i took a few Bannor cities n have the option of building Bannor palace in them, however i don't remember having the option of building the palaces of other civ's palaces that i took, but this is the 2nd or 3rd game i've played n my memory sux. perhaps its just Bannor? a glitch? that would be ok by me if so, however i imagine it would make them a target.
if you are playing a leader with the tolerant or usurper trait you can build anything that the conquered city could before the capture. beware the new palace will still replace your old one.

shouldn't that be blocked? it's very exploity if you build one of the palaces that give uber bonuses like sidar, lanun, infernal etc.

i agree, lets hope sephi implements this restriction in 9.0 :)

if you are playing a leader with the tolerant or usurper trait you can build anything that the conquered city could before the capture. beware the new palace will still replace your old one.
very exploity if you build one of the palaces that give uber bonuses like sidar, lanun, infernal.
That's a very good thing to know and definitely creates a new strategy, yes i've been playing as Mahon the butcher of the Calabim. Taking one of sidar, lanun, infernal cities, building their palace, then the Summer/Winter palace in my old capital to restore my center shall be my next games' strategy.
I don't play to win anymore either, i don't think i've finished a game since Civ3. I am a builder also, i tend to wagon wheel 8, 21-square cities around my capital (as terrain and neighbors allow), build another palace then repeat to a figure 8. the Erebus map makes that very difficult but i shall follow your suggestion to try and improve my early game, i usually play huge, wet, continents with low sea level which generally provides more space between civs allowing my outward spiral expansion but does require i sacrifice those natural choke points you value.

I just wanted to drop by to say what a great time I've been having with this mod. I've been working my way through the civs, just wishing I could keep all the neat stuff from the last one as I go on to the next.

Of course, there are a few things I'd like to see improved, such as dungeon exploration. Should requests go to the 'mods' thread or elsewhere?

Of course, there are a few things I'd like to see improved, such as dungeon exploration. Should requests go to the 'mods' thread or elsewhere?

if you have well thought out ideas feel free to make your own post. if you want help on modding wildmana post in the modmoding section. if you just have some minor ideas i would post in the download and changelog thread.

I just wanted to drop by to say what a great time I've been having with this mod. I've been working my way through the civs, just wishing I could keep all the neat stuff from the last one as I go on to the next.

the Sundry Items thread is a good place for minor non-civ specific ideas, suggestions or bug related items as well.... ;)

Hello.

This mod is awesome! :)

But there's something weird about food. When my worked tiles produce, say, 8 food, the number that shows next to the growth bar (in the city display screen) only says 7. When I produce 17, it says 15... :confused:

Is it WAD? Is it a bug? Or is it simply that I can't count properly?

thanks to the new Improvementsystem +1 food per farm is balanced (can only get 4 farms max per city), so I changed things back to how they are in base FFH. It seems that -10% at decentralization is very confusing for new players.

Top Bottom