Events & Sundry Items Balance or Bugs Thread

those are the ones I know of, you could try checking the ingame documentation in the civilopedia to see if there are others :)

The amphibious promotion is just something that some units get sometimes. It is dependent on the terrain around the city building the unit.

Also, you can't get Ingenuity and Magic Resistance at the same time.

Getting an automatic amphibious promotion for all units WAS a civilization trait for an Emergent leader that I got when I researched Optics.

I did not see anything in the Civilopedia under traits that identified which traits were minor traits.

The Adaptive trait which you can occasionally change your traits seems much better than Emergent if you can at most only acquire 1 or 2 minor traits before settling on a major trait. In order to get Ingenuity, I had to get a Golden Age and I am not sure what the requirements are for Magic Resistance. You do get the occasional "inspired" unit that gets double combat experience, but do you lose that too when you settle on a new major trait?

Getting an automatic amphibious promotion for all units WAS a civilization trait for an Emergent leader that I got when I researched Optics.

I did not see anything in the Civilopedia under traits that identified which traits were minor traits.

The Adaptive trait which you can occasionally change your traits seems much better than Emergent if you can at most only acquire 1 or 2 minor traits before settling on a major trait. In order to get Ingenuity, I had to get a Golden Age and I am not sure what the requirements are for Magic Resistance. You do get the occasional "inspired" unit that gets double combat experience, but do you lose that too when you settle on a new major trait?

The trait you are talking about is Swashbuckler, which can be gained on researching Optics.

http://greyfox.me/rife/wiki/index.php?title=Swashbuckler

I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's supposed to happen, but while playing as the Scions, I am getting unhealthy discontent in my cities. I'd think a Fallow civilization would be immune to the effects of unhealthiness, but maybe not...

no fallow only means you don't need food to sustain or grow you population. scions still need to have happiness and health in their cities. if the city gets unhealthy, it would normally get reduced food income thus loosing population, but since this mechanic would be pointless for the scions they gain the unhealthy discontent.

i think you thought of the infernals who gain demonic citizens in all cities, due to their palace. the demonic citizens lets you ignore unhealthiness and unhappiness.

edit: *raises fist to the sky and screams*: Valkrioooooooooon

Valkrionn, what is the chance of getting swashbuckler? And is it suppose to be available when you already have magic resistant or ingenious?

Ah, Okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Oh, so swashbuckler removes emergent? When reading Dr. Eszterhazy first post I thought that he gained it while keeping emergent.

"Unhealthy Discontent" primarily represents conditions among the living population of the cities - the people taking out the trash, doing the laundry, etc. (You wouldn't expect an Awakened Patrian to do this stuff, would you? I mean, really.) The "Discontent" is a combination of unrest among the living third-class citizens, and Patrian peevishness about the neighbors hiring away the last surviving serving man who knew how you liked your Blood Essence Mojitos.

"Unhealthy Discontent" doesn't appear in cities with a Scion Necropolis building, as at that point even most of the below-stairs staff have received the Gift. Starvation is no longer an acceptable excuse for slacking.

This has probably been discussed before, but you can really put a stop to the AI’s expansion by sending captured giant spiders into their territory to prey on workers. The AI usually prioritizes one improvement task, such as building a road to a new city, and all you have to do is camp your spider by that spot and pick off the worker. The AI ends up building worker after worker and nothing else and they never have scouts or hunters in their own territory to spot the spiders.

Since the giant spider is hidden like a spy, could you make it so it has a chance just like a spy to be discovered and eliminated in enemy territory (with a possible diplomatic penalty as well like when spies get captured sometimes)?

you gotta pillage it, so some units can't do it like recon and disciple units. will probably be changed.

the spider issue is also acknowledged, hopefully it will be fixed somehow :D

Ah! I tried to pillage the Necropolis using a treasure hunter and was unable to. I didn't even try another unit type.

A cemetery appeared (probably due to an event) in enemy territory where I had a giant spider roaming around. I didn't hesitate to loot it, since any adverse outcome like skeletons or spectres would put the creatures right next to the AI's capital. My spider popped Smelting.

I find that in every game, at some point after turn 100, the game semifreezes while "waiting for other civilizations." How do I stop this? I have BTS 3.19 installed.

Also, does anyone find that even on Deity level the AI is never able to be seriously dangerous? I always end up with at least one very high level unit that, in a stack with some catapults and healers, can slowly wipe out every city on the board.

if you have a game where you can reliably get a 'waiting for ai' players bug, it is best to post a savegame so it can get fixed in the next patch. also sephi can repair those savegames rather quickly.

Top Bottom