Events & Sundry Items Balance or Bugs Thread

so i'm playing as Infernals and am under siege by khazad... Dis produces 190 hammers per turn, but even with 4 or 5 corpses in the queue, I only produce 1 corpse per turn, and get no overflow cash? Why is this? I can produce multiple axemen per turn... why not diseased corpses or ritualists. And what happens to the extra hammers?

Playing as Casin Loveless of the Lanun, have been enjoying battling the barbs all game. However, suddenly it has become impossible to attack Sea Serpents - clicking on them just moves a unit onto the same tile without attacking, exactly as if we were at peace. But these are barbarians, so they shouldn't be at peace. What the heck's going on?

For the record, it's not just a problem with one naval vessel - it happens across the board. Had a thought that it might be Nox Noctis, but there's no option to "reveal", and moreover I'm not within my borders. I'm playing a team game... perhaps there's some kind of bug between teammates? Whatever it is, it's weird.

Oh, and an unrelated bug... it seems impossible to raze Necropolis, so I have to stick a unit on it all game to prevent powerful barbs from spawning. Seems kind of silly that you can't raze it.

you can't explore it, you gotta pillage it. i.e. recon units, mages, siege, priests and the like cannot get rid of them since they can't pillage. hopefully this will get fixed because it definitely is annoying.

not sure about the other issue you're having though :D

Playing as Casin Loveless of the Lanun, have been enjoying battling the barbs all game. However, suddenly it has become impossible to attack Sea Serpents - clicking on them just moves a unit onto the same tile without attacking, exactly as if we were at peace. But these are barbarians, so they shouldn't be at peace. What the heck's going on?

For the record, it's not just a problem with one naval vessel - it happens across the board. Had a thought that it might be Nox Noctis, but there's no option to "reveal", and moreover I'm not within my borders. I'm playing a team game... perhaps there's some kind of bug between teammates? Whatever it is, it's weird.

Oh, and an unrelated bug... it seems impossible to raze Necropolis, so I have to stick a unit on it all game to prevent powerful barbs from spawning. Seems kind of silly that you can't raze it.

If you are at peace with animals, you can't attack sea serpent (f. e. because of the ritual). Sea Serpents normally belong to animal-fraction, not barbs.

@Lord Parkin:

The Lanun start at peace with the (barbarian) Pirates. Maybe Sea Serpents are considered part of the Pirate barb faction? If so, that would explain why you can't fight them.

[to_xp]Gekko;9957894 said:
you can't explore it, you gotta pillage it. i.e. recon units, mages, siege, priests and the like cannot get rid of them since they can't pillage. hopefully this will get fixed because it definitely is annoying.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info. That is indeed a pain, and it needs to be fixed.

If you are at peace with animals, you can't attack sea serpent (f. e. because of the ritual). Sea Serpents normally belong to animal-fraction, not barbs.
Which ritual is that? I don't recall doing anything that would put me at peace with the barbs.

The Lanun start at peace with the (barbarian) Pirates. Maybe Sea Serpents are considered part of the Pirate barb faction? If so, that would explain why you can't fight them.
No, that's not it. I've been attacking the sea serpents all game until just recently. Now, suddenly I can't. That's why I thought something was up, and came here looking for an answer. :)

Also: I have a single Worker that is unable to build roads. It can build everything else, but not roads, no matter where he is. All other Workers are fine. Why is this?

Also: I have a single Worker that is unable to build roads. It can build everything else, but not roads, no matter where he is. All other Workers are fine. Why is this?

Did you capture that worker perhaps? Maybe malakim or mazatl? They both can't lay normal roads. You also get a worker when you destroy an enemy settler.

Something that's not specific to Wild Mana, but carried over from base FfH. And not a bug, but something that strikes me as not quite right:

The Khazad and Luchuirp have as one of their unique units the Dwarven Druid, which requires Neutral alignment. Most of the Luchuirp leaders are Good (one is Neutral). The Khazad have one Good and one Evil leader (the rest Neutral).

So if you start as a Good leader of the Luchuirp or Khazad, you have to convert to Octopus Overlords to build the Dwarven Druid. Not a bug, obviously, but the flavor doesn't seem quite right, i.e., having to convert to a religion of Asylums, Lunatics, Krakens, and water-walking demons (Stygian Guards) to build a unit whose magic relates to the Earth. (The Evil Khazad ruler would have to convert to RoK or Empyrean, which doesn't seem quite so strange.)

The easiest solution would probably be to remove the alignment restriction from Dwarven Druids. If you think that would be unbalancing for the Good and Evil leaders, you could block the Khazad and Luchuirp from building Paladins and Eidolons, although I'm not sure that's necessary.

Alternatively, you could make all the Khazad and Luchuirp leaders Neutral, but that would be a bit dull, I think.

P.S. On a side note, "Grove" doesn't seem to quite fit units whose power relates to Earth magic (Crush, Earthquakes) as opposed to the Nature magic of the standard Druid. Maybe a replacement building for the Dwarven civs, e.g., Stone Circle, Megalith, Dolmen, etc.?

EDIT: Found a cool word on wikipedia for a possible Khazad/Luchuirp replacement building for the Grove: Cromlech. A good Celtic word (there are other references to Celtic mythology in the mod, e.g., Oghma, Ceridwen, Amathaon, Govannon), plus it sounds like a word you'd find in Dwarvish, no?

Did you capture that worker perhaps? Maybe malakim or mazatl? They both can't lay normal roads. You also get a worker when you destroy an enemy settler.
That'd be it. That's good to know. It'd be nice to have that Worker marked with a tag automatically by the game though, because I had no idea what was going on.

The peace with animals is more than likely a result of the Nature's Revolt ritual; At least, that ritual grants peace in FF and RifE. ;)
Pretty sure Nature's Revolt hasn't been completed. If it has been though, how do you cancel the peace? I want to go get some experience for my ships, but can't attack the barbs. ;)

The Grigori seem to be blocked from an Altar victory. Since they can't research any religious tech, they can't get the second to last Altar unlocked in the tech tree.

The Grigori seem to be blocked from an Altar victory. Since they can't research any religious tech, they can't get the second to last Altar unlocked in the tech tree.

That's just clear logic - they are agnostic.

That's just clear logic - they are agnostic.
Wasn't this hashed out over a year ago. The Grigori are agnostic in regards to the religions oppressing people, but still believe in the one original hence the Altar is actually more thematic for them than anyone else. After all their Leader is one of the angels who leads a civ (the Bannor have another there might be more, can't remember) hence the scenario, blood of angels, where he is sacrificed to raise Alric. Agnostic is a misnomer, Cassiel isn't confused as to whether or not he exists?!?!?!?

Wasn't this hashed out over a year ago. The Grigori are agnostic in regards to the religions oppressing people, but still believe in the one original hence the Altar is actually more thematic for them than anyone else. After all their Leader is one of the angels who leads a civ (the Bannor have another there might be more, can't remember) hence the scenario, blood of angels, where he is sacrificed to raise Alric. Agnostic is a misnomer, Cassiel isn't confused as to whether or not he exists?!?!?!?

No, they do not, for the most part, believe in the One. They are simply the only nation to tolerate the cult of the Luonnotar, which does believe in the One.

The majority would find that cult just as silly as other religions. It's not so much that they disbelieve in the gods, but that they prefer to solve their own problems and see no reason to worship the gods.

Top Bottom