R.E.D. modpack

Hi

Sounds like a fun addition to the game.

How about compatibility with e.g. Thals VEM mod and City State Diplomacy mod?

\Skodkim

Hi, don't know if anyone will notice my post in the apparently thousands of pages long thread that this is, but... Where are the files for modifying unit formations, and how is new unit art made?

EDIT: Ok, apparently not thousands of pages... I naturally assumed that a mod this awesome had several small nations worth of people merely keeping its comment thread afloat on the intersea.

the formations are defined in the unitformations.xml file.

about how the units are made, you should ask the unit makers, I've not tried myself, but there are a few tutorials in the tutorial section...

Hello!

I like this mod. Thanks a lot. However, is it possible for me to keep your mod content but just to change the size of the units? I prefer the bigger unit sizes but also want to use the content of this mod. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!
You'll need to edit the Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml and change the <fScale> value back to the vanilla ones. Not a difficult task, but a long one !

Hi

Sounds like a fun addition to the game.

How about compatibility with e.g. Thals VEM mod and City State Diplomacy mod?

\Skodkim
CSD is compatible if you install R.E.D. last.

About thals I don't know, but if it adds or change units models, then no, it's not compatible ATM.

How's the update coming along?
slowly, the WWII version take most of my spare time, but I'll have some free times next week, I plan to update R.E.D. and YnAEMP then.

A great great mod, thank you very much!

As I've downloaded and installed it via the mod browser, does it include everything?
Like I don't need to install housecarl unit or specific riflemen etc.?

i enjoyed the mod already in civ4 and thought this is a must. unfortunately i don't get the ethnic units (playing the germans i can only refer to them) displayed. just the icon indicates that there is a unit

anyone knows this problem?
is there a possible incompability with "Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced (v 107)" / "Copasetic UI Tweaks (v 4)" / "InfoAddict (v 16)" / "Improved Build Queues (v 7)"

thx @mentos for his tip
tried it, and seems to work - my invisible german knight is now a french modern infantry, but who cares ;-) hope the next unit created will look like it is supposed to be

It seems that there is an incompatibility with Thal's mods, checking that is in my todo list for next release. (no ETA)

I thought that Copastetic UI Tweaks was included in VEM. That may be the issue.

I seem to be running R.E.D. ok with VEM currently. Not sure about the special units however.

Wishlist:
New graphics for barbarian rifles and infantry, and barbarian camps on later eras. :)

Still no korea update? :/
I seem to recall Thal mentioning that this mod is indeed compatible, if you install it last by draggin the modfolder into the Mods folder while the game is running, so it really loads these files AFTER the VEM files. (sometimes the game loads them in an odd order, regardless of what mod you click to activate first ingame)

Hi

Though Mentos' tip worked for the mod to work, i still have a problem: the german knight doesn't get displayed. updating a rider to a german knight crashes the game.
at the moment (15th century in the game) the game crashes after a specific round. my guess: a underdeveloped country updates a rider to a xyz-knight. (propably songhei)

is there an update to fix the knight issue?

It seems that there is an incompatibility with Thal's mods, checking that is in my todo list for next release. (no ETA)

i don'T have Thal's mod installed anymore

edit: dammit. Thanks @Dunkah: your tip with VEM got me on the right track. the stuff is not inside VEM, but in the unofficial patch is THAL aaaaaaaaaaargh
removed it, removed copasetic, now half of the display improvements don't load -.-

Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced (v 108) doesn't work properly without Thal -.-

now i have to wait for your grand update

Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced (v 108) doesn't work properly without Thal -.-

now i have to wait for your grand update

well, i seem i got it to work

used Mentos' tip again, but removed thal from CiVUP

copied RED as the last mod into the mod folder
loaded game - without thal, in new games the maps generation fails
copied thal into CiVUP again loaded again and voila:

-a new bought German Knight got displayed everything worked again
-the already existing german knight became french infantry again
-barbarian mercenaries became submarines, means the sea is kind of ... dangerous ;-)

Any idea when you will update this mod? :)

I'm not Gedemon, but I think he is a little busy. He doesn't even post on the red wwii thread very much, so my best guess is that he is busy.

Which means.....it could possibly take a long time...

Top Bottom