Mana guardians

Tschuggi

SNAFU
Aloha,

is it intended that managuardians leave their mana-node totally unguarded? I attached a scene where three managuardians run after a goblin horde. Normally one should guard the node - especially when I want to kill him to get spellresearch unlocked!

I post here because MoM-forum is atm not accesable.

Greez,

Tschuggi

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0052.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0052.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 274
Aloha,

is it intended that managuardians leave their mana-node totally unguarded? I attached a scene where three managuardians run after a goblin horde. Normally one should guard the node - especially when I want to kill him to get spellresearch unlocked!

I post here because MoM-forum is atm not accesable.

Greez,

Tschuggi

Ok, strange, but ten or twenty turns later they went back to their node on their own, all three guardians... but I had it happen in another game, too. There the mana-guardians didn't return to their node (I could observe it because they followed a goblin archer and then looked at each other for a massive amoun of turns, while the goblin archer shot arrows at them (two spectres) - till I killed all of them).

I've seen similar behaviour by the AI. In my case it was caused by the death of the "leader" unit of the guardians (the one that spawns first perhaps?). This gave the other units of the stack 1 turn of free actions before reverting to their usual immobile selves. Perhaps a barbarian or animal unit attacked the guardians without you noticing?

I've seen similar behaviour by the AI. In my case it was caused by the death of the "leader" unit of the guardians (the one that spawns first perhaps?). This gave the other units of the stack 1 turn of free actions before reverting to their usual immobile selves. Perhaps a barbarian or animal unit attacked the guardians without you noticing?

this can probably be possible, but I heavily doubt it, because there were just normal goblins around - against earth elementals and hill giants. And the number of the mana guardians always remained equal. After turning back to their node, they only remained there for a few turns and then continued wandering to then stop on a tile in my cultural borders to then not move anymore. I killed them after a very long while - and got no spelltech unlocked:cry:

its been awhile since i tested with the mana guardian option, but i recall similar behavior, and always assumed it was WAD. there would be various behaviours from game to game, and enjoyed the variance, making each game unique in its experience (or helping to do so)

its been awhile since i tested with the mana guardian option, but i recall similar behavior, and always assumed it was WAD. there would be various behaviours from game to game, and enjoyed the variance, making each game unique in its experience (or helping to do so)

just wanted to ask if it is a bug or not and was only complaining because I couldn't get the spell-tech unlocked when killing them standing on the mana-node.

Greez,

Tschuggi

Top Bottom