Request for Wildmana 8

Goodwill

Warlord
In addition to maintaining the changelog for Wildmana 8, I would like to request that Wildmana 8 and patch be available for download. As a modmod for FFH, Wildmana 8 is truly a finished masterpiece, and in some opinions, the best of the best of them. I continue to enjoy it and more importantly, it's what my friends like best, so it's what we play together. I'd hate to see such a gem die out from obscurity when it's so very good.

Master of Mana is also fun, but it is not Wildmana, nor is Wildmana the same as Master of Mana. They are different totally different mods. Nor do I consider one to be better than the other, and I like playing in Master of Mana too. Again, this is simply a request that both be available. Master of Mana doesn't really replace Wildmana, though it is like a fun new game in itself.

If Wildmana is currently still available for download and I have not located it, please direct me to where it can be found, so it can continue to be enjoyed by us as well. I think I could not find it.

Correction: Can still find the entry in the download section. The actual download itself returns a 404 not found.

Correction: Can still find the entry in the download section. The actual download itself returns a 404 not found.

true. As soon as I am at home I'll check if I still have the .exe-file to upload. Maybe Sephi himself would be more adequat to do this...

yes! I also would appreciate it!

Unfortunately I didn't keep the .exe file but deleted it after installing the mod, otherwise I would have been happy to try to upload it somewhere. (Fortunately I didn't delete the mod itself, so can still play WM 8.34.)

Sorry I can't help.

I would also appreciate if Sephi or anyone else could make 8.0 and 8.34 available. To me MoM is vastly different from FFH and from what I read, wildmana 8.34 seems to be a much improved FFH - especially in the AI department.

For what it's worth, I completely agree. I'm a long-time lurker, just now coming out of the woodwork to try to get one of my favorite mod(mods) back. I'd love to be able to download 8.0 again--my computer just died, and I count this one of my greatest losses!

sephi has problems with his computer atm, so you need to have patience for a response from him.

No problem, I sent a pm on the MoM boards but saw he hasn't been on in awhile to get it.

Since it is request time I want that everyone plays with the latest version and gives as much feedback as possible. I know it is unrealistic, some lack time, others don't know how valuable their feedback would be, most probably just want a download link to have fun and do not care about the larger scope of the mod and it's development.

Wildmana 6 plays different than wildmana 7 as well, do you want me to upload these versions well? I am not even talking about wildmana 3.

Just imagine there would have been patches 8.4, 8.5, 8.6 etc. that slowly introduced the changes from wildmana 9.0 / MoM 1.0. Well, the beta versions kind of were that. Do you want me upload the different beta versions as well with the very different improvement systems?

I always had only the latest version for download and I won't change that now.

Well, I guess that settles it. No Wildmana for us. I was interested, but if it's not going to be made available...
I don't like Master of Mana, and I never had the chance to play Wildmana. I'd rather get Wildmana direct from you, but if not then I'll have to ask if someone else cares to make it available.

I'd rather get Wildmana direct from you, but if not then I'll have to ask if someone else cares to make it available.

I believe that it will be a BAD move without Sephi's explicit permission. After all, he is the author of this mod...
So, I think that no-one should upload Wildmana 8 anywhere, if Sephi will not give his allowance for that. And after reading his post I think that not only he does not want to upload file himself, but he also do not want anyone to do that.
Which, in my opinion, is sad, but it his his decision

I believe that it will be a BAD move without Sephi's explicit permission. After all, he is the author of this mod...
So, I think that no-one should upload Wildmana 8 anywhere, if Sephi will not give his allowance for that. And after reading his post I think that not only he does not want to upload file himself, but he also do not want anyone to do that.
Which, in my opinion, is sad, but it his his decision

Imho I think Sephi wants as much people as possible to test MoM and give feedback to improve MoM to the Masterpiece it will soon become. Having people play WM instead means less testers for MoM. It is pure pragmatism. And, as his latest post states, he has no problem with people uploading WM. But it would be nice if they test MoM instead and give feedback:goodjob:

I test MoM as it was still a beta for WM 9.0 and I am amazed how positive this mod has developed since. There are changes in the improvement-, magic- and summon- system which are totally different from the old WM or the current FFH system. Some people complain about the changes. More people in the MoM-Forum like them a lot.

But I understand that for people, who didn't go through all the different beta versions, the changes seem to be very drastic and very "new".
But feel free to play and test it again and again and give feedback, ideas, questions and criticism to make it even better as it already is:goodjob:

I missed out on the chance to play WM, and I'm told that it plays differently to MoM. For various reasons I dislike MoM. It doesn't feel like FfH, it doesn't feel like Civ, it feels like something too different to interest me. Maybe it has it's good points, but in my case, they're blotted out in the shadow of the bad.
And I'm not going to keep on. It's not really that important. But maybe a chance at WM8 will change my mind.

I missed out on the chance to play WM, and I'm told that it plays differently to MoM. For various reasons I dislike MoM. It doesn't feel like FfH, it doesn't feel like Civ, it feels like something too different to interest me. Maybe it has it's good points, but in my case, they're blotted out in the shadow of the bad.
And I'm not going to keep on. It's not really that important. But maybe a chance at WM8 will change my mind.

what is it that you don't like on MoM? And which beta version did you play? It is still in development...

Top Bottom