Civilization Revolution 2 Now On Android!

Arctica

Chieftain
This is not an official announcement, but since I've been obsessively compulsively
typing in "civ rev 2" in the search box of Google Play every day for the past couple of
months, it looks like I got here first :)

OK. here's the details from the Play store (note the new stuff added already):

---
The sequel to one of the most successful strategy games on mobile is here!
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 challenges players to build a glorious
empire that will stand the test of time. This is the first game in the Civilization
catalog to be developed and available exclusively for mobile devices. Civilization
Revolution 2 offers mobile strategy fans a brand new 3D presentation and more
tactical depth than ever before! Find out if you have what it takes to rule the
world!

Key Features:
- New Civilization - Korea

New Leaders:
- Lenin the Russian communist,
- King Sejong king of Joseon

New Units:
Strengthen your military might with brand new combat units including Aircraft
Carriers, Jet Fighters and Special Forces.

New Technology:
Race to science supremacy with new technology such as: Lasers, Modern Medicine
and Information Technology

New Buildings & Wonders:
Grow and expand your civilization like never before with new buildings and wonders
including Nuclear Power Plant, The Red Cross and Silicon Valley.

Enhanced 3D Graphics:
Updated 3D graphics taking full advantage of the devices graphical
capability.

Scenario Challenges:
Reenact historic events and battles in the Scenario Mode.

WHAT'S NEW
Hey Civ fans, we want to thank you for your continued support of the game
with our biggest content update yet including:

- New Civilization - Korea

- New Leaders - Lenin the Russian communist, King Sejong king of Joseon

- New Technologies - Urban Infrastructure & Social Insurance

- New Buildings - Recycling Center, Stadiums and Community Facilities

- New Wonders - Universal Healthcare

---

My comments: Finally! I'll be buying this today :)

You can find it on the Play Store by searching for "civ rev 2".

It looks like "new leaders" do have their own distinct era bonus, i.e. Kennedy's
America starts with a Great Person, but their era bonuses are: "Knowledge of
Democracy", "+1 Naval Unit movement", "+2 Naval Unit defense" and "+2
Bomber Attack".

With the updates, it looks like they're moving in the right direction toward
making Civ Rev 2 more distinctive, especially with the introduction of a New
Civilization and more New Leaders.

And for the naysayers who won't buy it until [it's out on PS4 / it supports
multiplayer / it has my nation's civ / it also washes my dishes ]... hey, they're
more likely to do so if it SELLS WELL...!

I would particularly like to encourage 2K to add multiplayer at some point
soon, because human players are the real challenge. Since I appreciate
multiplayer is possibly not as popular as we on these forums think, and
something of a "technical challenge" for developers, I'd be more than happy to
pay an in-app fee for multiplayer!

Unfortunately, Google Play tells me that it's not compatible with my device.
I have an Asus Transformer TF700 tablet.
I've never seen that before.
What could be the problem?

Is it suitable for phones - I have a Nexus 4 - or does the detailed interface mean you need a tablet?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, Google Play tells me that it's not compatible with my device.
I have an Asus Transformer TF700 tablet.
I've never seen that before.
What could be the problem?

I'm not sure. It's a 466mb download, so I doubt it, but could it be that your tablet doesn't have the memory to support the game? Otherwise, maybe it doesn't support the screen size just yet.

Is it suitable for phones - I have a Nexus 4 - or does the detailed interface mean you need a tablet?

I downloaded it last night on my Moto G, so it's certainly suitable with my phone. Actually, I was quite impressed with how they've managed to fit everything quite neatly into a 4.5" screen. You definitely don't need a BIG screen, although you'd probably struggle with under 4".

(Moving a unit can sometimes be a bit awkward when the movement icon is underneath the city name banner, but you get used to it quite quickly.)

I know someone else who bought the game at the same time, but has been having problems on his Experia Z1. It seems to crash if the screen orientation changes, and also early on in the game, i.e. when founding a 2nd city. I'm not getting that problem on my phone.

If you do buy it, it might be a good idea posting the name of your phone here, and if there's any issues or not, to help others and also perhaps so the developers can iron out the problems with certain phones / tablets.

This crash all the time!
Not going to full screen mode like others games...

:(:(:(:(

Wait so long time and now a bugged app !!!

Phone Model: Xperia ZL C6503

This crash all the time!

:(:(:(:(
Wait so long time and now a bugged app !!!

I would recommend posting the name of your phone here, and specifically when it's crashing... maybe that will help the developers to iron out the problems quickly.

It's working fine on my Moto G.

edit: ok, looks like you did :)

I'm not sure. It's a 466mb download, so I doubt it, but could it be that your tablet doesn't have the memory to support the game? Otherwise, maybe it doesn't support the screen size just yet.

My tablet has 1 gig of system memory, which is the standard for tablets.

Does anyone know what version of Android CivRev2 needs?
My tablet has 4.2.1, and Asus hasn't provided anything above that. (I just checked.)

I have a Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition tablet and it is working very well.

It is an odd experience moving between this game and Beyond Earth, but I'm getting used to it.

there's many reports of different bugs and crashes. some can't even sign in to play. i'd wait for them to fix the bugs before shelling out $15.

there's many reports of different bugs and crashes. some can't even sign in to play. i'd wait for them to fix the bugs before shelling out $15.

The play store now keeps the refund button live for 2 hours after purchase, which should be long enough to know if it works for you.

I caved in and bought it. Interface is a bit fiddly, but works fine on Nexus 4.

Cool! I had no idea about this. It's pricey but I'll have to get it. Anybody tried it on a Galaxy S3?

Is it available just for pc? Does it have multiplayer or GOTW yet?

The game isn't available for PC, it's an Android game, designed for phones and tablets running the Android operating system.

It doesn't have multiplayer (I'm seriously hoping they'll add this at some point soon), but there are "Live Events", with Tournaments and Challenges. I haven't actually played them yet, so I can't tell you exactly what they are, but I suspect they are some kind of Game of the Month with leaderboards, and scenarios such as "October Revolution" (where you have to "take back all Russian cities, drive away imperialist intruders, and restore glory and dignity to the motherland") for example.

There are also a series of Scenarios. Some of them I think were in Civ Rev 1, and some new ones such as "Country Time" (where cities are limited to growing to size 8, and reaching "Railroad" is the victory condition) and "Wonder Exhibition" where wonders are never obsoleted. There is also a Scenario Generator where you can customize your own scenario.

I have a Moto G, and for me there are only a few very minor glitches.

For the first week or so I had the game, it would crash maybe once a day on me (so maybe once for every hour or two of gameplay). When restarting the game, it always gave me the choice to continue, and I'd only have to replay the turn I was on. This hasn't happened to me in over a week now, so there must have been an update that fixed this.

The other glitch that I still see is the city screen. Every once in a while it won't show me the choice of what to build. But when I exit the city screen, save and then immediately reload my save, it works fine. This glitch seems to happen most often if I left the game open but haven't played it in more than 20 or 30 minutes.

I found it on GPS and after downloading it worked well on my Samsung Note 10.1 (the first one) working under Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and it works without major troubles. I'd like to know what are the main differences between Civ Rev 2 and the first one working for instance on the Nintendo DS lite. Of course the graphics are much better but some of the features of the initial version seems the very same : i.e an armoured vehicle as a tank being blast by a trio of bowmen!

This game stops every 3 to 5 turns on my Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 (the first model). I'm already running the official Android Kitkat (v4.4.2) update from Samsung. Tried rooting and installing RAM boosters but nothing helps.

Any ideas?

And for the naysayers who won't buy it until [it's out on PS4 / it supports
multiplayer / it has my nation's civ / it also washes my dishes ]... hey, they're
more likely to do so if it SELLS WELL...!

But not buying it also shows a sort of protest not to buy it because it does not support mp etc. and I don't see a big difference between civrev and civ rev 2.Not big enough for 15more euros...
I heard they are going to publish even dlcs anyways...

Phone Model: Sony Xperia ZL C6503
CivRev 2 version 1.3.1

Official Sony C6503 firmware 10.5.1.A.0.292 - Android 4.4.4
CRASHING can't play more then 3 or 5 turns

Paranoid ROM 4.6 BETA 5 - Android 4.4.4
CRASHING can't play more then 1 or 3 turns

CM11 SNAPSHOT M12 - Android 4.4.4
WORKS NOT CRASHING

CM11 Needs to be Market enabled, for it I changed all "Xperia ZL" to "C6503" on build.prop , reboot and CivRev2 shows under Play Store!

Top Bottom