Peaceful? Try assyria as neighbor

Arilian

King
I read a lot about the peaceful games.

First game I was killed in immortal by assyrian siege towers.
Third game I had a war from turn 100 to 200 with them.
Fourth game he eredicated the ither continent.

(I only play 'all new civs' - immortal, all strandard)

I haven't had this experience exactly, but my in my last game, I started close to Babylon and he Bowmen-rushed me by turn 50 or so (emperor).

Yeah I got DoWed by my neighbour Morocco three games in a row! All at around turn 65-90 (Immortal, Quick Speed). However the first BNW game I played was in Emperor and there the AI was extremely friendly and passive. Not sure what's going on there.

I think it's a matter of development. The AI simply can't develop fast enough at lower difficulties.

Assyria surprisingly extended an offer of friendship to me in one of my games (Portugal, Emperor, we were neighbors). Didn't get to see how it played out (I bailed on the game) but he wasn't a sociopath like I thought he would be. So far in ~2 games (one complete game and two half games) my only war has been with George Washington.

I feel like the AI is smarter in war prep. If I don't build a big enough army, the AI will roll over me, unlike previously.

In my current game, all civs are soo peaceful. but not sure about future. Shoshone is my only neighbor and we trading peacefully but he keeps growing... seems dengerous... :mischief:

Assyria surprisingly extended an offer of friendship to me in one of my games (Portugal, Emperor, we were neighbors). Didn't get to see how it played out (I bailed on the game) but he wasn't a sociopath like I thought he would be. So far in ~2 games (one complete game and two half games) my only war has been with George Washington.

I had a DOF with him a game when he was a neighbor, he DOWed me after a thousand years of peace, I decimated his attack force, we made peace, and he never attempted an attack again.

In my current game, Assyria destroyed Zulu and became my next door neighbor. They are one big massive empire looming at my doorstep, but they haven't declared war on me at all during the game (about 400 turns in), and I've denounced them about 3 times.

I had Assyria as a neighbor a few games ago. He had a ton of those siege towers, but never DOW'd me. I had plenty of troops in case he tried, though :)

Assyria has been docile to me so far. Spawned near me, I planted a city on his face and he did nothing. Had only one city the entire game, DoF me out of the blue during the medieval era, and settled 2 more cities in the Renaissance. Then proceeded to be gobbled up by Monty.

Assyria performed an excellent invasion over an ocean on me in one game and took my capital. He normally isn't too strong, but its important to watch for him.

Try being sandwiched by Ashurbanipal, Shaka, Attila, Montezuma, and Alexander.

Tough. I once was on the same continent as Alex, Monty, Genghis, and Atilla in G&K. :lol:
Didn't really stand a chance.

Zulu are also pretty hard to hold off on Immortal. Those unique upgrades to Impi really suck trying to defend against with pure CB's.

I'm best buds with Assyria in my current game and he's my next door neighbor. I think it's because I help to fund all his wars :evil: or just because Khan has so far been able to hold him at bay. The only CS left independent on our continent our the ones I'm protecting(Of which Assyria has been converting rather than conquering). The AI does seem quite a bit smarter, they don't just attack people based on their strength anymore(I'm certainly a lot weaker than the other civs he's trampled.)

Works for me though as I'm going cultural and he's putting up no resistance to that. Every cultural civ needs a bully on their payroll. When Songhai foolishly signed OB with him and tried to conquer someone on the other side of the map I paid Assyria to destroy his troops on their way home(which let me take their capital in 3 turns flat.)

Top Bottom