Final Frontier Plus

The new action that's causing the problem is "Sentry Until Healed"- if you took damage fighting a Pirate Ship this button should be showed.

Another unincluded file, apparently. After installing from the small distribution, the CIV4MissionInfos.xml file is also the original FF version so it has no mention of the Sentry Until Healed mission (there are two text keys for it in the FFP text XML files and the Sentry_related_buttons.dds atlas file is present).

Using the full download version, I have played the saved game that I posted through turn 155.

One Python problem showed up:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvGameInterface", line 185, in AI_unitUpdate

File "CvGameUtils", line 359, in AI_unitUpdate

File "CvAI", line 1264, in doConstructionShipAI

File "CvAI", line 1322, in doStarbaseNeed

File "CvAI", line 1409, in findBestResourcePlot

AttributeError: 'CyPlot' object has no attribute 'numUnits'
ERR: Python function AI_unitUpdate failed, module CvGameInterface

It looks like this:
Code:
						#If other starbases are present in radius, no starbase -- TC01
						for iUnit in range(pSearchPlot.[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]numUnits()[/B][/COLOR]):
							pOtherStarbase = pSearchPlot.getUnit(iUnit)
should really be this:
Code:
						#If other starbases are present in radius, no starbase -- TC01
						for iUnit in range(pSearchPlot.[COLOR="#8b0000"][B]getNumUnits()[/B][/COLOR]):
							pOtherStarbase = pSearchPlot.getUnit(iUnit)

No, there isn't.

In general, I think that would be a bad move most of the time anyway. One of the reasons for this is that the cost of any specific building increases as you build more an that star system - most follow a 1, 2, 3, 4 type cost progression but some follow a 1, 3, 5, 7 type progression.

You might find that while you are trying to build your fifth Whatever building (even on the lower cost progression 5 copies of a building in one star system costs 15 times the cost of one, not just 5 times as much, and on the higher cost progression it is 25 times as much), somebody declares war on you because you just spent all your time building buildings with no unit builds sprinkled between them and you are now the weakest civ.

It's also pretty pointless to construct buildings that give an increase per point of population on planets with no population (it is best to build these on the highest population planets). Also, rather than building 2 of these on two identical planets with 1 pop each, if you can move both pop points to one of the two and build just one of that type of building then you should do so - the auto-assignment of population points often splits population between identical planets (this almost certainly happens to the AI, which is bad - perhaps changing this would be a good AI fix). It is not very cost effective to build the per-pop-point buildings on size 1 planets.

I think the 5th mining facility in a star system costs 210 :hammers: on standard speed (15 :hammers: less than a battleship, or 3 :hammers: less than 9 invasion ships and a planetary defense ship), so if the planet can only hold 1 population, and has 1, it won't recoup those for a long time even if you then build a habitation facility on it and make it size 2 with 2 population. These should be the last planets you improve.

I find that I rarely build more than 3 or 4 of most of the buildings in any system, and some are in the 0 to 2 range for most systems (like the intelligence center). That is ignoring, the "one per system" buildings. The main exception are mines and mag-levs, those end up on most planets, eventually even on some of the size 1 planets (which end up being size 2 or larger in the late game, making them somewhat more cost effective). I also build more of some types in my specialized star systems, of course.

EDIT:

By the way, the FFSK mod being worked on by Kiwikaz (a buggy/incomplete version of which is posted earlier in this thread) includes the ability to enqueue builds for things on different planets - you can pick a planet and add a build for it to the queue and when the time comes to build that thing it will be built on the right planet. Not quite "build this on all planets", but close (and very useful). At some point in the future, that functionality will hopefully be merged into FFP.

Here, at long last, is my update.

My previous update covered the text associated with units, all of which is already included in v1.5. This one covers the buildings including the wonders, and one Tech pedia entry.

This includes text for all known TXT_KEY_x values that were missing (except one that doesn't appear anywhere, as far as I know - technologies have a Strategy value which does not seem to appear anywhere in the game even though all the techs that came with the game have them defined; "TXT_KEY_TECH_MISC_0_STRATEGY" is still undefined). The ones that were missing now have text associated with them, although some of it may be of dubious quality.

It also has some corrections/improvements for previously existing text.

Those things are in the FinalerFrontierTextInfosPedia.xml.

In CIV4BuildingInfos.xml the Help tags for the new planetary resource related buildings have been updated so each uses its own. There is also one minor game play change introduced in this file, included primarily for the AI's benefit: the Flight School now requires that a Squadron Factory be in the system before you can build it. I'm not sure, but this might save the AI from wasting some :hammers:.

There is a fix for an incorrect Description tag in CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml - as far as I know this particular Description is never actually used anywhere so it probably never caused any problems.

Also include are two Python fixes, the bugfix I showed just a few posts back, on 14-May, for CvAI.py and another minor change (about an issue that I think was unreported until now). The minor change is that the system preview screen brought up by double clicking on a star which your map does not show belongs to somebody was showing commercial satellites orbiting planets that had them but not the UB version of that (the Public Broadcasting System). CvPlanetInfoScreen.py has been changed to show either of them if present.

Total = 3 XML files, 2 Python files, and a text file that lists the changes in detail.

The zip file's contents are arranged in folders that match the mod's folders so it can be applied as a patch to FFP version 1.5, using the new files to overwrite the old ones.

Text issues still outstanding:
Three of the new techs reuse existing quotes (Nanocybernetics and Quantum Power both use the quote for Astral Ascension, Vacuum Engineering uses the same quote as Synthetic Composites), and it is possible that TXT_KEY_TECH_MISC_0_STRATEGY shows up somewhere that I have not noticed and should be defined. As far as I know that is it, other than possible typos in the new text (and poor wording).

Attachments

• FFP-1-5-a.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 85
I apologize if this has already been mentioned before.

I picked up something that may have been overlooked when creating Final Frontier

If in a normal BtS custom game, the option to chose religions is enabled, this setting carries over to Final Frontier. As this option is not in Final Frontier, the only way to turn it off is to create a normal game, disable it there, then recreate the Final Frontier game.

Its not exactly game-breaking, just a minor inconvienience

I apologize if this has already been mentioned before.

I picked up something that may have been overlooked when creating Final Frontier

If in a normal BtS custom game, the option to chose religions is enabled, this setting carries over to Final Frontier. As this option is not in Final Frontier, the only way to turn it off is to create a normal game, disable it there, then recreate the Final Frontier game.

Its not exactly game-breaking, just a minor inconvienience

Isn't there an ini file or somesuch that can be edited to do this?

No, there isn't.

In general, I think that would be a bad move most of the time anyway. One of the reasons for this is that the cost of any specific building increases as you build more an that star system - most follow a 1, 2, 3, 4 type cost progression but some follow a 1, 3, 5, 7 type progression.

You might find that while you are trying to build your fifth Whatever building (even on the lower cost progression 5 copies of a building in one star system costs 15 times the cost of one, not just 5 times as much, and on the higher cost progression it is 25 times as much), somebody declares war on you because you just spent all your time building buildings with no unit builds sprinkled between them and you are now the weakest civ.

It's also pretty pointless to construct buildings that give an increase per point of population on planets with no population (it is best to build these on the highest population planets). Also, rather than building 2 of these on two identical planets with 1 pop each, if you can move both pop points to one of the two and build just one of that type of building then you should do so - the auto-assignment of population points often splits population between identical planets (this almost certainly happens to the AI, which is bad - perhaps changing this would be a good AI fix). It is not very cost effective to build the per-pop-point buildings on size 1 planets.

I think the 5th mining facility in a star system costs 210 :hammers: on standard speed (15 :hammers: less than a battleship, or 3 :hammers: less than 9 invasion ships and a planetary defense ship), so if the planet can only hold 1 population, and has 1, it won't recoup those for a long time even if you then build a habitation facility on it and make it size 2 with 2 population. These should be the last planets you improve.

I find that I rarely build more than 3 or 4 of most of the buildings in any system, and some are in the 0 to 2 range for most systems (like the intelligence center). That is ignoring, the "one per system" buildings. The main exception are mines and mag-levs, those end up on most planets, eventually even on some of the size 1 planets (which end up being size 2 or larger in the late game, making them somewhat more cost effective). I also build more of some types in my specialized star systems, of course.

EDIT:

By the way, the FFSK mod being worked on by Kiwikaz (a buggy/incomplete version of which is posted earlier in this thread) includes the ability to enqueue builds for things on different planets - you can pick a planet and add a build for it to the queue and when the time comes to build that thing it will be built on the right planet. Not quite "build this on all planets", but close (and very useful). At some point in the future, that functionality will hopefully be merged into FFP.

I haven't played the game too much, but my early strategy was to increase culture as much as possible. So I wanted to build interplanetary beams wherever I could and it's quite frustrating having to do so much fiddling about.

Hi all, i've compiled all of the corrections included in the FF official discussion thread, including the DLL into the B5 mod but now when i load the B5 mod i have no planets or interface showing. Not sure which of the corrections caused this, does anyone have a working version of FF that includes the corrections made there but doesn't go as far as Finaler Frontier does?

Okay, I've released 1.51. This patch contains all the missing XML files (so if you install the first download and then the patch, things should work fine). It also includes the DLL source that I forgot to include as well. And then it includes God-Emperor's update. The changelog:

-Included v1.5 DLL source files
-Added several XML files that were missing from Mirror 1 DL
-Fixed bug with new Starbase AI code
-Fixed bug with planet info screen not showing Commercial Satellites UBs
-Added many missing text keys for Finaler Frontier stuff

Hi all, i've compiled all of the corrections included in the FF official discussion thread, including the DLL into the B5 mod but now when i load the B5 mod i have no planets or interface showing. Not sure which of the corrections caused this, does anyone have a working version of FF that includes the corrections made there but doesn't go as far as Finaler Frontier does?

No, I don't.

However, wouldn't it be easier to just rebuild your mod around FF+? I don't know, it might not be- you'll have to remove all Final Frontier specific stuff. But if you only use the stuff from the official discussion thread you won't have any of the optimizations and or XML tags I've created in the DLL.

Would it help people out if I released a version of FF+ with, say, civilizations, units, buildings, etc. empty (allowing you to add whatever), as well as with all Python referencing such objects removed?

Thinking about the test game I just finished last night (I completed the saved game I posted in this thread that was demonstrating problems with the partial distribution from the first download source - I won a domination victory 2 turns before I would have finished the last piece of the Astral Gate), I realized something...

It looks like the Golden Age code has gone missing again.
(Or is that "still"? Did it ever make it back in?)

CvSolarSystem.py, at the end of getExtraYield (just before the "return iExtraYield" it needs the following code to get the golden age to increase production and commerce (without it, all you get is no anarchy from civic and value changes):
Code:
		# CP - add golden age effect, thanks for the idea of doing it here go to TC01
		if pPlayer.isGoldenAge():
			if (self.getBaseYield(iYieldID) + iExtraYield) >= gc.getYieldInfo(iYieldID).getGoldenAgeYieldThreshold() :
				iExtraYield += gc.getYieldInfo(iYieldID).getGoldenAgeYield()

Aside from that missing effect it played without problems, other than the usual AI related weirdness (which I plan on fiddling with next).

In my recent patch I changed the Flight School to require the Squadron Factory in the XML.

I now remember why I wasn't requiring the Flight School to have the Squadron Factory in the XML (I think I tried it that way about 6 months ago). It turns out that if you do this you can only build 1 FS in a system because the BuildingClassNeededs are used in the cannotConstruct Python function for requiring the building to be on the same planet, not just in the same star system; one SF per star system = one FS per star system. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

There are several things that can be done, including:
  1. Keep it this way; 1 flight school on the planet where the squadron factory was built.
  2. Keep it this way but increase the experience the flight school gives to 5 (probably also double the production cost).
  3. Keep it this way but have the regular training compound also give 1 xp to squadrons in addition to the 2 for regular ships.
  4. Change the XML back but restrict it to require a squadron factory anywhere in the star system via a special case in cannotConstruct.
  5. Change it back (and don't worry about the AI maybe wasting some :hammers:).

Option 4 would give the result I had intended, but 1 through 3 also sound OK.

If one of the 1 per system options is used (or even if it isn't), the name could be changed from the generic Flight School to something like "Advanced Squadron Tactics School".

Would it help people out if I released a version of FF+ with, say, civilizations, units, buildings, etc. empty (allowing you to add whatever), as well as with all Python referencing such objects removed?

That would be great! :beer:

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could help me with a problem I am having with Final Frontier Plus version 1.42. I am currently playing a game (marathon) and am well into it, not that far from beating it however, for some reason always at the same turn an error occurs. When I press the next turn button (always occurs at the same turn) the game will begin to change turn but never sends me to the next turn. I have waited 5 to 10 minutes (previous turns occurred after few seconds) but the next turn never comes. If I am able to Alt+tab and then press Ctrl+alt+delete the task manager tells me the game is not responding.

I know there is a new patch available 1.5 (not sure if it will fix the issue) but I really want to finish this map, and I do not want to get the new patch since most patches require you to start a new game. Is there anything that I can do, or do I have to just install this patch and begin a new game?

Thanks for any help you can give me. And I highly appreciate the great work that has gone into this Mod-Mod.

Is there a giant or gigantic map for this mod? and is this the best space mod out atm? thanks.

In my recent patch I changed the Flight School to require the Squadron Factory in the XML.

I now remember why I wasn't requiring the Flight School to have the Squadron Factory in the XML (I think I tried it that way about 6 months ago). It turns out that if you do this you can only build 1 FS in a system because the BuildingClassNeededs are used in the cannotConstruct Python function for requiring the building to be on the same planet, not just in the same star system; one SF per star system = one FS per star system. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

There are several things that can be done, including:
  1. Keep it this way; 1 flight school on the planet where the squadron factory was built.
  2. Keep it this way but increase the experience the flight school gives to 5 (probably also double the production cost).
  3. Keep it this way but have the regular training compound also give 1 xp to squadrons in addition to the 2 for regular ships.
  4. Change the XML back but restrict it to require a squadron factory anywhere in the star system via a special case in cannotConstruct.
  5. Change it back (and don't worry about the AI maybe wasting some :hammers:).

Option 4 would give the result I had intended, but 1 through 3 also sound OK.

If one of the 1 per system options is used (or even if it isn't), the name could be changed from the generic Flight School to something like "Advanced Squadron Tactics School".

I like option 4. But my preferred solution would be to simply make a "SystemBuildingClassNeededs" tag/array in the DLL instead that is accessed by cannotConstruct, rather than hardcode this specific example in cannotConstruct.

Maybe for a patch we could set it up with the Python hardcoded in cannotConstruct, and then for the next version I could create the new tag.

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could help me with a problem I am having with Final Frontier Plus version 1.42. I am currently playing a game (marathon) and am well into it, not that far from beating it however, for some reason always at the same turn an error occurs. When I press the next turn button (always occurs at the same turn) the game will begin to change turn but never sends me to the next turn. I have waited 5 to 10 minutes (previous turns occurred after few seconds) but the next turn never comes. If I am able to Alt+tab and then press Ctrl+alt+delete the task manager tells me the game is not responding.

I know there is a new patch available 1.5 (not sure if it will fix the issue) but I really want to finish this map, and I do not want to get the new patch since most patches require you to start a new game. Is there anything that I can do, or do I have to just install this patch and begin a new game?

Thanks for any help you can give me. And I highly appreciate the great work that has gone into this Mod-Mod.

Unfortunately I don't have a version of 1.42 available to test with. It's possible someone does, so it might be worth it to attach a save game and see if anyone downloads it.

I don't think there were any issues in 1.42 that I fixed in 1.5 (or 1.51; all the bugs I fixed there were created as a result of 1.5). The only thing was that the Python code that handles destroying/keeping buildings on city capture had a flipped sign- if a building's chance of surviving was 0, it would survive, if it's chance was 100, it would not. Is the AI about to capture a city?

Is there a giant or gigantic map for this mod? and is this the best space mod out atm? thanks.

No, there is not. And honestly, I don't see why you would want one... there are (at present) only eight civs, each with one leader (again, at present). The Huge SpiralGalaxy maps are big enough. And even with the optimizing I've done, I imagine that maps that size would run really slow.

As for it being the "best" space mod... depends what you mean by "best". "Best" is your personal opinion. I like all of the space mods I've actually played equally.

FF+ is the only space mod out there that isn't a total conversion of Final Frontier, you see- this mod is fixing and expanding Final Frontier (a bit like an expansion pack, if you want to think of it that way) instead of converting Final Frontier to a different setting and then adding and fixing stuff.

It looks like merging this with Star Trek might be more complicated than I thought. I didn't realize that so much stuff remained in python. The presents a problem, as Star Trek's python is so different from Final Frontier's, especially with CvFinalFrontierEvents.py (it also seems that there's code in there that was removed in Star Trek's version of Final Frontier Worldbuilder but remains in Final Frontier Plus:confused:), and also because I don't feel like including resources on planets.

It looks like merging this with Star Trek might be more complicated than I thought. I didn't realize that so much stuff remained in python. The presents a problem, as Star Trek's python is so different from Final Frontier's, especially with CvFinalFrontierEvents.py (it also seems that there's code in there that was removed in Star Trek's version of Final Frontier Worldbuilder but remains in Final Frontier Plus:confused:), and also because I don't feel like including resources on planets.

Yeah, a lot of stuff is still in Python.

My ultimate goal is to make every reference in the Python files a XML tag, and either move the code completely to the SDK or make the Python get the value of the XML tag. But that definitely hasn't happened yet. You might want to wait until the next version, which I intend to have more XML tags (like the unit movement sounds, more trait stuff, and more planet yield stuff). But it still won't be everything.

What WB code are you talking about?

And why don't you want to include resources on planets?

Top Bottom