Final Frontier Plus

I'm not sure what you mean by "moving units in WB". You can't move units in WB. You can add new ones and delete old ones but you can't actually move them.

I haven't ever been able to replicate that movement bug- so I look forward to seeing the details about it. It may be related to the buggy wormhole code, which I've already fixed, and should only happen if Delayed Wormholes is on.

I haven't ever been able to replicate that movement bug- so I look forward to seeing the details about it. It may be related to the buggy wormhole code, which I've already fixed, and should only happen if Delayed Wormholes is on.

...so it was related to the Delayed Wormholes bug, and I hadn't fixed it. But I have now.

Final Frontier Plus v1.3 has been released! It will break save games.

-Decreased number of barbarians spawning per turn
-Some barbarian units are now more common to spawn than others
-Changed influence tresholds according to God-Emperor's suggestions
-Fixed bug with feature effects code
-Fixed bug where units could never move more than one tile
-Feature effects now display original Final Frontier messages
-iConquestProb and bNeverCapture tags now work properly in Final Frontier
-Religion pedia pages autodisplay religious units and buildings
-Deleted unused python code (reduces clutter in files)
-Fixed bug with victories occuring before turn 10
-Merged in The Navy Seal's Final Frontier resource pack

Barbarian spawning has been changed. Influence thresholds have been changed as they are in Finaler Frontier (depending on feedback I may alter them some more. Feature effect bugs, including the "units can only ever move one tile" bug, have been fixed. A newly reported bug about victories not being reported properly before turn 10 has been fixed. So... it's really mostly balance and bugfixes.

There are a lot of things people have been posting here that I just haven't gotten to, like new unit actions. I will get to those things in the future... but I wanted to get a version out now that would fix the issues in the previous version.

I have several things in mind for the next version. First, I'd like to merge in the Blue Marble space terrain. I'd also like to add these victory movies for Final Frontier, but they're no longer available. So if anyone has already downloaded them, I would appreciate it if you could post them.

Then, I came up with this idea for the Star Trek mod that I'd consider adding to Final Frontier Plus as a gameoption.

And of course, there's a lot of stuff from Finaler Frontier that will need to be brought over eventually...

I was playing over lan with a friend today, and all of a sudden i was unable to build any buildings whatsoever, the buttons was just greyed out, like when you cant build a certain unit because you dont have the required tech, building or whatever.
Can someone explain this? is there a threshold for how many buildings you can build?

Uh-oh.

In my experience this usually means that the python data and regular data disagree as to which buildings are in a system. It tends to happen when a system is captured and some buildings are destroyed but the DLL and Python disagree as to which ones.

Uh-oh.

In my experience this usually means that the python data and regular data disagree as to which buildings are in a system. It tends to happen when a system is captured and some buildings are destroyed but the DLL and Python disagree as to which ones.

That means that I must not have removed the iConquestProb stuff properly...

I'll have to look into that.

You are probably right, it happened just as I captured a system.
When i look at the different planets it says they have some buildings each but in the list to the left none are shown.

Okay, I've uploaded a small patch, v1.31, that will fix this isssue. It doesn't break save games and only replaces the DLL (but does so in a way that doesn't break save games). However, if in your save game you've captured an enemy solar system and can no longer build buildings, this patch won't restore the ability to do that. (So you might just want to start a brand new game anyway).

thanks for the patch, I finished the game by loading an auto-save and just razed the city instead of capturing the it and had no problems for the rest of the game.

Also it is a great mod, i liked Final Frontier but the waiting time between turns was killing the experience, so thank you very much for making this.:goodjob:

So I've decided to release another patch, v1.32, for several reasons that I'll explain in a second. But first, the changelog:

-Merged in Blue Marble space terrain
-Merged in Blue Marble Final Frontier loading screen
-Merged in Blue Marble Final Frontier pedia/advisors backgrounds
-Fixed bug where AI was running starbase checks 100 times for some units

The bug, fixed thanks to God-Emperor, obviously should decrease some AI processing time each turn.

Now... thanks to Valkrionn and his Inno Install Script tutorial, I have compiled an executable installer that will automatically copy your Final Frontier directory, rename it to Final Frontier Plus, and then install the mod. This means that installation should be a lot easier now. And it autocreates the shortcut for you too!

As a result, I've reuploaded the main mod, with everything up to v1.32 included. Due to Inno's rate of compression, the main mod is around 6 MB.

I was planning on uploading v1.32 and v1.31 changed files as an independent, zipped patch. However, when I zipped them, they turned out to take up around 9 MB of space, more than the actual mod itself. The Blue Marble graphics are pretty big, and there's a DLL included too. So it seems simpler to just use the v1.32 full download installer... even if you already have v1.3 or v1.31 installed.

Would anyone be interested in a full download of Final Frontier Plus with the Final Frontier graphics, sounds, etc. included? It's a little less than 50 MB when compiled into an installer using NSIS. This would only be useful for people who deleted Final Frontier from their Beyond the Sword\Mods directory, and I don't know how many of them there are or how many would be interested in playing FF+.

I found few small bugs when I merged your mod with mine.
Game run fine (i played only few turns) and no problems at saving and loading.

CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml line:2836 <DiplomacyIntroMusicPeace> tags has ">" one too many.

CvInfos.cpp line:4593 "stream->Read(&m_iBarbarianChanceMultiplier);" should be "stream->Write(m_iBarbarianChanceMultiplier);"

It might be my problem, because i don't have Civ4 registered in Windows registry, but your installation doesn't have icon for desktop shortcut (witch also points to wrong place).

I found few small bugs when I merged your mod with mine.
Game run fine (i played only few turns) and no problems at saving and loading.

CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml line:2836 <DiplomacyIntroMusicPeace> tags has ">" one too many.

CvInfos.cpp line:4593 "stream->Read(&m_iBarbarianChanceMultiplier);" should be "stream->Write(m_iBarbarianChanceMultiplier);"

It might be my problem, because i don't have Civ4 registered in Windows registry, but your installation doesn't have icon for desktop shortcut (witch also points to wrong place).

I'll fix both of those bugs in a future patch/version.

If you don't have Civ in the registry, the installer won't create a shortcut properly (since it pulls the path straight from the registry). Don't know about the icon though.

I saw your future plans involves creating new XML tags for solar system data, I have made two xml files with SolarSystem/Planet data, so if it would cut some work down for you (or will be helping you in any way) i am happy to show what i have done regard to speeding up the FF.

I saw your future plans involves creating new XML tags for solar system data, I have made two xml files with SolarSystem/Planet data, so if it would cut some work down for you (or will be helping you in any way) i am happy to show what i have done regard to speeding up the FF.

I'd be happy to see those files.

Using new XML files would be the best way to store system data (like planet yields per planet type), but creating new files is unfortunately beyond my SDK skills at the moment.

Does using XML files to store the data actually speed things up? I don't think it would unless you moved solar system objects entirely into the DLL (rather than being pickled to plots in python).

I'd be happy to see those files.

Using new XML files would be the best way to store system data (like planet yields per planet type), but creating new files is unfortunately beyond my SDK skills at the moment.

Does using XML files to store the data actually speed things up? I don't think it would unless you moved solar system objects entirely into the DLL (rather than being pickled to plots in python).

Well i have moved CvPlanet and CvSolarSystem to dll ;) but that's not finished (like orbital buildings doesn't have art...planet art is basic, AI choosing what to build is still in python but AI doing system update is in dll...well stuff to do!)

Well i have moved CvPlanet and CvSolarSystem to dll ;) but that's not finished (like orbital buildings doesn't have art...planet art is basic, AI choosing what to build is still in python but AI doing system update is in dll...well stuff to do!)

Excellent!

I wanted to do that eventually, because it would enable me to get rid of all remaining callbacks and get rid of the pickled arrays. Did you add new files to the SDK or just add arrays to CvPlot? I'm guessing you have one XML file for different planet types and one for different star types to go along with that?

If it's unfinished at present, I'd be happy for you to keep working on it until you do finish it, at which point I can merge it in. But I'm glad you're working on it.

Excellent!

I wanted to do that eventually, because it would enable me to get rid of all remaining callbacks and get rid of the pickled arrays. Did you add new files to the SDK or just add arrays to CvPlot? I'm guessing you have one XML file for different planet types and one for different star types to go along with that?

If it's unfinished at present, I'd be happy for you to keep working on it until you do finish it, at which point I can merge it in. But I'm glad you're working on it.

CvSolarSystem and CvPlanet are new instances, they have their own classes methods, python wrappers and xml files (yup ... xml can contain different planet/system types but also randomized info)

Don't know when i will finish it but most apart have been done with additional city's can have different planet buildings queued in build-queue

EDIT: i saw some AI Autoplay comment in source...is it in mod and how do i enable it?

CvSolarSystem and CvPlanet are new instances, they have their own classes methods, python wrappers and xml files (yup ... xml can contain different planet/system types but also randomized info)

Don't know when i will finish it but most apart have been done with additional city's can have different planet buildings queued in build-queue

EDIT: i saw some AI Autoplay comment in source...is it in mod and how do i enable it?

I was under the impression you meant you had an XML file for, say, planet types, and it stored the default yields, the graphics, and the name, and maybe an XML file for sun types that would store the sun type and art.

So you mean you could store "prebuilt" systems in the XML?

I'm not sure I like that idea.

Yes, AI Autoplay is enabled. (I should put this in the modder's guide). It was included in CAR, so when I merged CAR, I also merged AI Autoplay.

To enable, open the python console by enabling "cheats" in the ini file, and then pressing Shift + Tilde (~) when in the game. Enter this:

Code:
CyGame().setAIAutoPlay(x)

where "x" is the amount of turns you want AI Auto Play to run for.

I was under the impression you meant you had an XML file for, say, planet types, and it stored the default yields, the graphics, and the name, and maybe an XML file for sun types that would store the sun type and art.

So you mean you could store "prebuilt" systems in the XML?

I'm not sure I like that idea.

What i meant is: xml file can store prebuilt systems with prebuilt planets but also system that chooses randomly , say nr. of planet or what type of planets - stuff like that and same goes to planets. Basically: you can go from totally random to prebuilt system (there are different function for that exposed to python).

Yes, AI Autoplay is enabled. (I should put this in the modder's guide). It was included in CAR, so when I merged CAR, I also merged AI Autoplay.

To enable, open the python console by enabling "cheats" in the ini file, and then pressing Shift + Tilde (~) when in the game. Enter this:

Code:
CyGame().setAIAutoPlay(x)

where "x" is the amount of turns you want AI Auto Play to run for.

OK. Thanks!

Hello, maybe i unintentionally broke something, but I get this:

How do I add the said attribute isStarBase? And what should I do? Sorry for newbiness :p.

It happens during OnEndTurn when "self.updateAllStarbases()" is called.

Top Bottom