Events & Sundry Items Balance or Bugs Thread

A flesh golem can level up?

You can give it the promotions/ strengths of other units by sacrificing them, but the golem itself can not level up afaik. (The spell is available to all units in the same stack as the flesh golem)

level up is assumed, it collects experience points (thru battle) like a grigori hero before you pay for an upgraded unit.

No, anything without a UNITCOMBAT can't level up. fixed the issue where those units still got experience they cannot use.

Ahh very good. I have been perplexed for some time on trying to put those experience points to work somehow.... haha

from the bug thread:

@Sephi,

I am pretty sure the "Spell Pirate Cove" is causing this python based message.
I created and added this to the Civ4Improvements.xml to try and intercept but that did not work.

Spoiler :
<ImprovementInfo>
<Type>IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_VILLAGE</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_VILLAGE</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_VILLAGE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Help>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_VILLAGE_HELP</Help>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_VILLAGE</ArtDefineTag>

I think we need a "Spell Fishing Village" that is triggered by Non Lanun workboats when they build.

What you can do is to change the name of the Spell Pirate Cove from "create pirate cove" to "create pirate cove or fishing village" if you like :)

from the bug thread:

What you can do is to change the name of the Spell Pirate Cove from "create pirate cove" to "create pirate cove or fishing village" if you like :)

Well that sounds like a compromise of sorts to me..... haha.......

DONE :crazyeye:

Sephi,

We need a couple of "good" options for the capture unicorn event, that would be good for the unicorn. Civs such as Ljosalfar that are more nature orientated would not kill the unicorn, there should be some alternate that allows it to live.

I got it, the event should be finding a "wounded" unicorn, and the options should be from good (help it to heal - good reward), nuetral (allow its fate to be in the gods hands- nuetral reward) and evil (killing it for its horn,etc - evil reward)

edit) the prerequisite should be tied to a recon unit (presumably exploring or tracking and comes across the unicorn in the wild-scenario)

The whole purpose of that event is to illustrate the princess rule. There should never be options which allow it to survive. Not in Erebus. ;)

Valk,

I am sure you are correct about the lore regarding my suggestion, for you are the Lore-King :king:

BUT.... even though I have not looked to see what the "princess rule" is, and unless this "princess" is the Erebus Eve, and ALL races and ALL creeds and ALL religions honor this Eve, then I claim false prophet rule, and decree as a player I should have the choice to do good, or evil. And If i happen to fancy unicorns, then killing one because i have no choice does not make any sense, nor is it logical. Technically this is a strategy game, but it is also an RPG, and that means ethical choices, punish me if necessary, but give me choice as a player to change the history and the lore (of today).

This of course is only my humble opinion... ;)

the princess rule just states that whatever can be found in little girls rooms shall not make it into the game.

just read the first half of the page :)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=370142&page=10

Haha...... ok I can go there.....

BUTTTTTTTTTT

the event itself is breaking the rule then, otherwise no one would know that Unicorns exist.....

:crazyeye:

and if something exist, then there should be choices..... on a principle level
even though this is a Dark Fantasy, Light and Good still exist, and a "Purist" player will want to choose a lighter path (whether or not they really like unicorns or not has nothing to do with it)
So if the driving force here is not including anything warm and fuzzy, then the event itself should not exist. IMHO

The princess rule seems a bit on the silly side. Why add "cute" events in the first place? Also, it kind of goes against the core concept of Civilization that the player is in control of the world.

In short, good nations could perhaps receive a Unicorn unit (0/3 str, move 2, 70% withdrawal, and healer 3). With some investment of gold or perhaps giving up a mana node you could get a Unicorn Rider hero unit (4 str, move 2, 50% withdrawal, healer 3 and hero). Would makes this event a lot more positive for good nations then evil. Perhaps a similar event for evil nations with a Nightmare being spotted (which must be exorcised by good units to prevent unhappiness or AC)?

I would suggest an "Awww... How cute!" option that seems to do nothing (from the hover text).
However it actually spawns a beast unicorn unit that is more mythologically correct than the "princess" version. The were suppose to be serious powerful killers of people - that's the whole reason that the virgin susceptibility was important: it was the only good way of killing one (or maybe, if you were foolish, capturing one). So this beastly unicorn unit would be something like a 9/7 str, 3 move, 1 first strike, 75% withdraw/flee, medic 1+2 promotions, can heal while moving, immune to poison, +1xp per combat (possibly from a free Valor promotion), can attack multiple times per turn, magic resistance promoted, "cannibalize" promoted (it's not really cannibalism since they are unicorns and who they are eating probably isn't) monstrosity. If killed it drops a unicorn horn item that provides immunity to poison. The unicorn would be created on the plot where the event happened in your territory (where it immediately proceeds to kill any unit you have nearby, probably). Now that's a "dark fantasy" result.

If you got lucky and the event happened late enough you could capture the thing, but otherwise you are stuck trying to kill it (and not a virgin maiden to be found when you really need one - although that could be a separate event that happens every few turns if the unicorn is still alive with various possible outcomes like declining her services to get 1 happy in city nearest to the unicorn for 10 turns, or using her with a 33% chance of dead virgin for 1 unhappy in all cities for 10 turns and +2xp and up to +20% healing for the unicorn, 34% to kill the unicorn, and 33% to gain control of the unicorn unit).

Why not just remove the event and it will be consistent? Why illustrate a law by breaking it?

Why not just remove the event and it will be consistent? Why illustrate a law by breaking it?
Because 1) that is a fun event.
2) Kael (or someone else from The Team) made a text showing that at least 1 unicorn existed once on Erebus... for 2hours. So the unicorn existing is not against the princess rule. The princess rule only says it has to have a bad ending .

How are pegasuses not against that rule ?

How are pegasuses not against that rule ?

now THIS is the question weve all been avoiding ;)

I would suggest an "Awww... How cute!" option that seems to do nothing (from the hover text).
However it actually spawns a beast unicorn unit that is more mythologically correct than the "princess" version. The were suppose to be serious powerful killers of people - that's the whole reason that the virgin susceptibility was important: it was the only good way of killing one (or maybe, if you were foolish, capturing one). So this beastly unicorn unit would be something like a 9/7 str, 3 move, 1 first strike, 75% withdraw/flee, medic 1+2 promotions, can heal while moving, immune to poison, +1xp per combat (possibly from a free Valor promotion), can attack multiple times per turn, magic resistance promoted, "cannibalize" promoted (it's not really cannibalism since they are unicorns and who they are eating probably isn't) monstrosity. If killed it drops a unicorn horn item that provides immunity to poison. The unicorn would be created on the plot where the event happened in your territory (where it immediately proceeds to kill any unit you have nearby, probably). Now that's a "dark fantasy" result.

If you got lucky and the event happened late enough you could capture the thing, but otherwise you are stuck trying to kill it (and not a virgin maiden to be found when you really need one - although that could be a separate event that happens every few turns if the unicorn is still alive with various possible outcomes like declining her services to get 1 happy in city nearest to the unicorn for 10 turns, or using her with a 33% chance of dead virgin for 1 unhappy in all cities for 10 turns and +2xp and up to +20% healing for the unicorn, 34% to kill the unicorn, and 33% to gain control of the unicorn unit).

but i love this idea, please please please implement this to that event!

because in Erebus Pegasi get pleasure out of trampling your skull and Unicorns from piercing your heart with their horn, that's why.

well then unicorns should be recruit able, if there is enough blood on their horns and mouth
i heard their are vicious killers, like land-sword-fish :)

edit:
also my graphic card and ram has arrived :)
too bad i don't really have much time until wednesday.

Top Bottom