Wildmana 9.0 beta

since the other form is the beta forum is would post there, it is also lees work for sephi since he reads both forums anyway :)

choosing my game from "play now" works but from "custom game" - so far it has crashed from turn 1 regardless of civilization.

my local legend died in the battle after making him via pact permanent at the price of mana upkeep....but I'm still paying the upkeep!

there are wrong explanations by mad faces in the city in my game: I have built vineyards, mines and cottages but mad faces "can't stand this treehugging anymore" or something like that.

"anti treehugging" are for lumbermills, I guess, but I have none.

we need "antiindustrial and antipolluting" mad crowd!

how can i pop up the magic research menu? (spoilerpics in 1st post)

edit: also: where can i look up what those auras do? i have nojah with some dark blessing aura but cant look it up and dont get what it does :D

my local legend died in the battle after making him via pact permanent at the price of mana upkeep....but I'm still paying the upkeep!

Reported it on the beta forum, it's working as intended.

@Pohlman
by those two buttons:

Attachments

• magic.png
    magic.png
    210.4 KB · Views: 728
haha :D

i dont have those buttons :D:D
that might explain it. i think i will do a clean reinstall

do you have the latest version? there is a patch out.

Total understatement, but: Wow.

And seeing the screenshots made me realize that what I've always really, really wanted was another research tree. :)

I do not have the buttons either but I access the screen by ctrl + F8/F9

How do you have them in their correct places? I have the latest (I think) update, and they are still too much left. Do you possibly have a secret team version?
no i have the same version as you guys, although i have also an earlier iteration of the beta you don't have, but this screen is from the new
beta.

edit:
reading post #12 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9532750&postcount=12)
this might have to do with me having the older beta installed in my regular wildmana folder while the new beta is in a new folder but still requires some files from regular wildmana. i guess i have a very special version then that nobody else, even sephi, has :D

its resolution issue, smaller resolution clumps them together.

by resolution do you mean your monitor resolution or the level of graphic settings in the game options.

i was referring to my game graphic options which are set on high, and my monitor resolution is on 1024 x 768

by resolution do you mean your monitor resolution or the level of graphic settings in the game options.

i was referring to my game graphic options which are set on high, and my monitor resolution is on 1024 x 768

Screen resolution. If you use 1024x 768 they are overlapping. If you use any other setting , they will not overlap. I'm sure it gets fixed soonish. But for now you can just change your game resolution.

Screen resolution. If you use 1024x 768 they are overlapping. If you use any other setting , they will not overlap. I'm sure it gets fixed soonish. But for now you can just change your game resolution.

ahhh, very good information. I didnt even try to change it...... probably because i know like you do, it wont remain broken for long.

edit 1) well i spoke too soon. changed my resolution a couple of baby steps to 1280 x 1024 and the group of four is still covering another indicator. Not the gold now, but a magic or mana indicator.
It looks like to me that this indicator should actually be inline (going downwards) with the gold/magic-mana/science indicators. which would free the (four button config)

Wow, the spell research, epic destiny, and global enchantments sound awesome; memories of Age of Wonders/HoMM return to me. I might have to jump ship from playing RiFE :p.

I eagerly await the 9.0 (non-beta) release.

I experienced the most pathetic DoW on me - my dear neiborgh, sidar, in spite of the fact that we ( evil elves - I picked random civ from "play now") shared the same religion -you know what;).

I'm trying at emperor level and... therefore expected eagerly sort of stacks of 0,3doom, so to speak but...sidar sent 4archers and 5 swordman. my HoL ( heroe of legends) wiped them out and after this sidar asked for peace:lol:

all this spell stuff is totally terra incognito.

Playing the beta, and I have finally gotten the Combat Auras to work, but they are having no visible effect and I really can't make any sense of them. Can anyone answer these basic questions.

1. What are the effects of the three basic auras (holy armour/dark blessing/elemental aug.) without any extra buffs (e.g. blur)?
2. These effects appear to be increased by taking the aura-effect I-III promotions, correct?
3. The aura-range promotions increase the range of combat aura from I-own tile, II-8 tiles around, and II-fat cross?
4. The aura-disperal promotions increase the targets of buffing spells, or just negative auras?
5. Do battle commanders have auras too? Can't find any evidence of this.
6. How does the computer choose which units gain aura buffs? It seems completely random, and aura buffs sometime linger on units which move away from the caster, is this intended?
7. Can spell-research be directed?

Top Bottom