New NESes, ideas, development, etc

@Crezth, just wanted to say I feel very happy about your latest project, it is an honour indeed! Very interesting! What programming language/thingy are you using??

Here is the dev thread. And the honor is all mine. Thlayli was waxing nostalgic about it, and when I took a look I realized it was something I had to do. :)

I'm currently developing the program in MATLAB because it's the language I'm most familiar with (yes I know it's an interpreted language meant exclusively for number nerds, but I'm an engineer, not a programmer), but I plan to convert it to Python once it's "finished" so that I can release a compiled build for everyone to play with.

I was very satisfied with the conclusion of Flowers on the Razor Wire, especially with Director becoming the leader of the grand unified state composing all of the Earth. :D

As I've stated in this thread here the technology is in the early stages of laser weaponry research, with a massive amount of money and time needed to be mass produced as standard weaponry. The time zone is the 2030s-Whenever a peace treaty is declared/world domination.

I will say, be prepared for brutal, senseless, genocidal orders by various players, and act upon them without cowering and whimpering away in a corner. Don't worry, you will get over it. I did.

Oh come on, I've only personally ordered the deaths of two different ethnic groups, and killed only a few million or so, that's not that much at all. :lol:

On a lighter note, would everyone be interested in seeing a Tournament style NES again over the summer, or is that my imagination pawing at my brain?

@Crezth, just wanted to say I feel very happy about your latest project, it is an honour indeed! Very interesting! What programming language/thingy are you using??

You should play. The forthcoming NES is going to have a brisk level of competition given all of the top-flight players that have expressed interest.

When I say political level, and note that I said "almost," I mean recognition as a nation on the world stage as well as a mainly stable government. It should also be noted that the tribal and regional bickering generally took place only in succesion disputes, bickering that also took place in Europe. It is true that the divisions in Abyssinia were often larger and fiercer than in Western

Looks like a copy paste fail for me.

He's never even posted here before. Someone created an account and made that post. It seems like something that could be in an NES, but it's entirely out of context. I'm quite confused.

And it cuts off mid sentence too.

A NESer ghost causing glitches in the system in an attempt to communicate with us?

A NESer ghost causing glitches in the system in an attempt to communicate with us?

Oh god. It's loudbot. He gained sentience some time ago, he must've figured out how to break out of #nes.

The year is 2038.​
Africa

The People's Republic of Ethiopia

The People's Republic of Ethiopia became an officially recognized nation very recently, in 2029. Based out of the lands held by the theocratic Kingdom of Solomon, ruled by the tyrannical King Odo Taeribi, better known by his self chosen title of Prester John. He bullied the unfaithful into serving him, and led the Monophysite Christians of the area that is reall world Ethiopia into a zealous war frenzy. He proceeded to use this to conquer Somalia, Djibouti and Eritrea by 2019. He then spent the rest of his rule growing fat off of the tithes stolen from the people, and using mercenary Somali pirates to create holds in Yemen, Qatar and Kuwait, as well as many islands in the Indian Ocean. However, his hedonistic lifestyle was too much for the downtrodden poor, who, led by a Russian teacher working with Unicef who was a great follower of Lenin's old ideals and hated the downtrodden lives of his students, overthrew Prester John. Within 3 years the revolution was complete, and the Russian, Romain Durevoff, was elected the First Prime Minister of the People's Republic of Ethiopia. He died 6 years later, and has since been replaced by Prime Minister Ishmael Uridob, a half-Israeli who had been Romain's second in command.

The Islamic Republic of Congo

In 2036, the National States of America used their influence over the rulers of the Congo Basin to attempt a coup to conquer the region and establish a foothold in Africa. However, in the deepest reaches of the jungle surrounding the Congo river, a defense was created. The Afro-Asiatics of the Sahara who had brought Islam to the natives of the Congo so long ago, had ancestors willing to fight brutally for their independence. Banding under the mayor of Kisangani, Askid bin'Tulba, these people are fighting a guerilla war for Allah, and for the independence of all of Africa from Fascist regimes.

The Derelict of the Kusini

The first African Derelict to be formed, Kusini was created when Boer warlord Jan d'Sgribo of Luderitz used his charisma to gain an advantage with both his own people and foreigners. This allowed him to rise to power in Namibia, and through that take control of Angola, Zambia and Botswana. By the time foreigners were exposing him as a power-hungry tyrant, his people were so brain washed that he was an unstoppable force in the area. Founding history's first true derelict, his people are completely brain washed to his will or destroyed. He proceeded to conquer Tanzania, Malawi, Mozambique and Zimbabwe before his death in 2030. The derelict was left to his son, Ruyton d'Sgribo, who continued his father's supreme lord-ness, but has yet to take any military action. But that is likely to change.

The Derelict of the Sudan

Not based off of Sudan in the modern sense, but in the traditional one, as a name for regions south of the Sahara. Its history is simple, the Prime Minister of Sudan, Beri E'Loyion, brainwashed his people into a military force and used them to conquer Chad, the Central African Republic, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon. He has then been biding his time, waiting for the perfect moment to attack his neighbors.

The Derelicts of the Mali and Songhai

The Derelict of the Sahara was built by Kenji "Water-Bringer" Douba for his prophetic wisdom and kind leadership of the people's of the region, contrast to that of other Derelicts, in 2019. He died shortly after this unification, with no official heir, leaving his sons Mansa and Abra fighting for the rule. These two eventually divided into two separate Derelicts, with Mansa in Mali and Abra in Songhai. Songhai is smaller, but has a higher population and more brutal rule, while Mali is the larger of the two, but lacks the strength and cruelty to be truly vicious. Who knows who shall win.

City-States of the Ghana Coast

Along the Ivory and Gold coasts, normal African independence has been maintained, albeit slightly more individualized. These City-States have large amounts of room to grow, but must be wary of their Derelict neighbors. Particular powers are the cities of Benin, Accra and Abidijan.

Foreign Occupation

-Parts of Kenya and Tanzania have defected to the German Union for protection of from the nearby Derelicts. This provides the Germans with easier access to the riches of Asian and African trade, as well as a foothold against the mostly Nationalist colonized continent.
-South Africa has been claimed as part of Britain's Project Commonwealth, and is being used as a harbor for warships that prevent enemies from safely bringing foreign cargos.
-Egypt has been claimed as part of Britain's Project Commonwealth, with the hope of using it as a base to help aid the coming fight in the tense Middle East.
-The Territory of Morocco, though technically independent, is mostly overseen by its Iberian allies in Spain.
-The North African Coast, from Algiers to Sinai, has answered the Sultan's Call to aid Allah and joined as part of the nationalist Ottoman Empire, which was founded in 2009.
-Much of the Congo basin is occupied by American troops on "peacekeeping" missions.
-Madagascar is being occupied by France, who have troops stationed there to prevent revolt
-Many of the islands near the West Coast of Africa are under Iberian jurisdiction

Asia to come soon.​

I typed this entire sentence in caps guys. Did it work?

Top Bottom