[Map script]Creation.py for FFH2

There have been some server hiccups. Keep trying and welcome to the CFC.

I think the map sometimes generates no reagents.
Not every time, but sometimes. Maybe something to do with the climat needed for reagents?

When you say none, how many do you mean? What size map are you playing? This script uses the default bonus placement. See my comments above regarding the low amount of reagents.

cephalo will need to re-upload.

Wow, I can't believe that happened. I'm at home right now with a massive sore throat, so I'm not in much condition to figure out where the last published versions are. They may be on a different computer.

I don't have the FfH one on this computer, but I'll attach it when I turn on the other one.

I occasionally will generate a map that fails. I've attached the python log which should help track down the errors.

Also have attached the version that I was using, which I'm pretty sure was 1.4.

Attachments

• PythonErr.log.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Creation.py.txt
    107.8 KB · Views: 76
I occasionally will generate a map that fails. I've attached the python log which should help track down the errors.

Also have attached the version that I was using, which I'm pretty sure was 1.4.

Yeah, I think I know what causes that. Regions stop growing when they hit the map edge, and I think it is possible that a region stops growing before it has touched any other region, and if the surrounding regions also have stopped growing for the same reason, then it never comes in contact with another region to decide where it's river system will empty into.

Can I make a request for slightly less ocean in the world? Or at least, differently generated ocean. I find the most fun games are the ones where everyone has land routes to eachother, with ocean providing either access to barbarian islands, or alternate routes around the world.

However, the map frequently (read: two out of three times) generates worlds that consist of "enclosed blocks", that is lone civs or groups of civs that have no land routes to any other civ. This is partly because the valleys don't always have enough ways in and out (There needs to be a much higher chance of a valley having an opening into each adjacent valley), but mostly because the oceans generally separate the world into two or three totally separate islands.

Anyway, that's just my two cents, I love this map script.

I'd also like to request that there be an in-game switch or something along those lines to alter the generation of oceans. Or better details on what to change in the .PY file to make less water.

Until then, I'll share that you can change the variable WaterRegionsPerPlot in the "#Map Constants..." area to 0. I believe it will make just a lake in the center. I also changed my file so there are no deserts/jungles.

GREAT SCRIPT
Been having fun messing with the script file even though I'm just starting to learn Python.

That is in the script, it is called "Soften peak percentage" though. You have to edit the Python to change it, it isn't a selectable option in the game menu while loading a new game.

What is the range for Soften Peak Percentage? I'd bet either 0-1 (quite natural) or 0-100 (said it's a percentage).
I wanted every 20th-25th peak softened, but setting the value to 5 gave me ice bordering regions insted of peaks, and 0.04 seems not to give any result at all (no peaks seem to be flattened).

Any help welcome.

According to an early post by Ceph it is range from 0.0 to 1.0. But he says he hasn't played with it much, so it could be a bit wonky I suppose.

Try .2 and see what happens. I know someone got it to work at least once.

A hint to help you look for flattened peaks: it worked for me (with a value of 0.1) and the flattened peaks are always turned to desert hills (sometimes with incense, too ;) ).
But I wish they would turn into a regionally fitting hill - and that the flatting would happen more in the map itself, but not on the peak-border on the side of the map.

According to an early post by Ceph it is range from 0.0 to 1.0. But he says he hasn't played with it much, so it could be a bit wonky I suppose.

Try .2 and see what happens. I know someone got it to work at least once.

Actually I tried 0.1 and it seems to work ok. Some passages are created, but not too many.

Thx.

What's the best way to alter creation of water tiles?

I altered the Numwaterregionsperplot and ended up getting only 1 small lake in the center.. which works better than the huge ocean/water areas I was getting... but not enough water now. Go figure.

What's the best way to alter creation of water tiles?

I altered the Numwaterregionsperplot and ended up getting only 1 small lake in the center.. which works better than the huge ocean/water areas I was getting... but not enough water now. Go figure.

You should be able to set the value to get a little more water. It's a very small floating point value that determines how many of the valleys actually become water. So it's numberofplots * numwaterregionsperplot = how many water regions.

Top Bottom