Request: How to Add a Complete New Civ.

Cyberblade

Chieftain
Hi, Ive had An idea for a new civ, but i cant for the life of me figure out how i should get started. I have all the art files created, except for the flag/civ button.

And through a quick search I have seen that there isnt a single guide on how to add a Civilization to Fall from heaven.

I know I wouldnt be the only one to use it, but It is a big task to ask someone to so. So if anyone has the time to write a guide on how to add a civilization from the very beginning. I would greatly appreciate it. Or if it already exists (For Fall from heaven) Can you point me in the right direction.

What it would need to include ( I think)

Adding A Leaderhead
Adding Art Files
Adding Civilopedia Entries
Making a Hero
Making a Unique Building
Making a Unique Unit

uhm yeah, thats all i can think of. So As I said I would greatly appreciated if anyone could write a guide, even though its a huge task and a huge favor to be asking.

Right, all of the stuff you want to add hasn't been changed, so you can just get a tutorial for BtS and that will help you a lot. So, there is no need for a tutorial, just look for a How To Add A Civilization into BtS tutorial, that should cover everything.

For adding a hero:

In CivilizationInfos.xml there is a tag:
<Hero><Hero>
Just change it to your unit, eg.
<Hero>UNIT_UNITNAMEHERE<Hero>

Where are the art files for the leaderheads located? I looked in the Leaderhead art defines.xml file and it said, say, capria has capria.dds. so i searched for "capria" in my Fall from heaven folder. Did not find anything. Where are they located?

Top Bottom