Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

It looks as if they have modified RTW if they have identified a problem with the save/load and fixed it.

I am considering changing my mini-mod to work with the Vanilla BTS/RTW. As this will probably be safer in the long run, because my mini-mod only makes XML file content changes and "Dale" says he has stopped modding for RTW.

So my new version of my mini-mod should be simply Civ 4/BTS w/RTW + mini-mod.

Note this will remove the Pacific and Global Assault Maps :(

How so? Stupid character limit.

Border pops on old patch (normal speed):

Creative: 5
Non: 10

Border pops on new patch:

Creative: 10
Non: 20

5 what? 10 what? 20 what?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, to be honest.

5 what? 10 what? 20 what?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, to be honest.

I believe Crusher1 was playing with "No Espionage" enabled, possibly without realising this is what caused the change. As a "fix" to the No Espionage option making cultural victories easier, I'm guessing they just doubled each cultural threshold (I've only checked it for the first cutural level).

And the numbers he was talking about were the number of turns to first cultural pop. I guess he assumed a monument for non-creative.

any chance someone could post a 34 civ mod component up soon?

Try the Culturally Linked Starts mod from my signature. It supports up to 40 civs and doesn't change the game play, if you don't want to. The linking is optional.

I may of missed it, but is there a particular thread for bug reports/annoyances etc. for 3.19..?

Ignore post - found it.
share! share! share! share! Where is it?

Having patched to 3.19, I am experiencing a Bermuda Triangle effect. I have had a couple of ships disappear, and cycling though all my units fails to bring them up. I had to fly a bomber over them on a recon mission so that they become visable, then have been able to select them.

This may be related to loading save games that were created by 3.17 of a general issue with 3.19.

Having patched to 3.19, I am experiencing a Bermuda Triangle effect. I have had a couple of ships disappear, and cycling though all my units fails to bring them up. I had to fly a bomber over them on a recon mission so that they become visable, then have been able to select them.

This may be related to loading save games that were created by 3.17 of a general issue with 3.19.

I had a similar issue with some land units. I assumed this was the result of loading 3.17 in 3.19...

I'm playing several PBEM games. Some have survived the upgrade process, some haven't.

The ones that haven't ask for my opponent's pwd. When one of my opponents gave me their pwd, the game just hangs at "pause."

I'm playing several PBEM games. Some have survived the upgrade process, some haven't.

The ones that haven't ask for my opponent's pwd. When one of my opponents gave me their pwd, the game just hangs at "pause."
This happened to me too. I put it down to my use of the 'altroot' command line and my dual install. Removing the 'altroot' and playing the turn again fixed the issue.

This happened to me too. I put it down to my use of the 'altroot' command line and my dual install. Removing the 'altroot' and playing the turn again fixed the issue.

Thanks a bunch!

I had issues w/ InstallShield when I was troubleshooting a client's WinXP box. The Windows Installer service wasn't running.
Go Here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/AdvancedSearch.aspx
search for:
WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
WindowsXP-KB958655-v2-x86-ENU.exe

Other than that, not too sure no.

I downloaded the 4.5 version of Microsoft Installer as well as attempting to enable verbose logging. I was able to see a log file created in my temp directory, but it doesn't have anything about an error occurring.

Is anyone able to install the patch with a digital copy of Complete Civ 4 Bundle?

Several excellent things in this patch. There's one thing which alone would make it worthwhile, and that's the fact that now one gets a chance to look inside a city before deciding whether to raze it or not.

One patch only, no 1.74, 2.13, :wow: . Now I know, I wish I had known sooner.
Next time I rebuild, it will be so much simpler. Thanks.

An odd few have re-installed CIV and patched.

If you do re-install CIV, you don't have to apply any other patch except for the 3.19 one, it is a cumulative patch.

Top Bottom