End of Dark Ages!!!

On the same computer you posted your message.

Love the mod. Started as Scotland and am in the early renaissance era now. The HRE trait is pretty cool, but at this stage in the game, it is too easy for me to buy up city-states rather than slog my way through defeating them. Maybe increase the cost, either based on the current age or the number of cities the city-state owns? Also, no AI has taken advantage of the trait so far in my game.

Also, I don't wanna step on your modder toes, but i have some ideas for UU's, if you're interested.

Could you please make this downloadable from the CivFanatics site? :please: Every time I've tried to get it from Steam, the game freezes/crashes just before the mod has finished downloading. I've cleared my cache, deleted my mod-user data, unsubscribed from everything else...none of which helped. :badcomp: A direct download and manual extract seems like the only solution IMO; I'd be extremely grateful if you uploaded a copy of your mod here! :worship:

@isnorden
The mod is almost 100MB CivFanatics doesn't have anywhere I can upload that kind of size.

@thatwascold
Yeah i have noticed this myself...in the future I will tweak some of the AI to make them use this trait..I believe I may have thier MinorCivCompetivness too low...however I agree that diplomatic marriage should be more expensive....I would perfer each nation to only be able to do it 2 maybe 3 times per game...otherwise it is just going to be a free for all to get the most petty kingdoms bought as soon as possible.

@isnorden
The mod is almost 100MB CivFanatics doesn't have anywhere I can upload that kind of size.

Sorry to hear that; is there another file-hosting site that would take a mod that large? No matter what I've tried on the Steam site, I end up choking on the download (but have seldom had problems getting files manually when I did that on other sites). It's a shame I've been unable to try a historical mod that's gotten such good reviews!

Sorry to hear that; is there another file-hosting site that would take a mod that large? No matter what I've tried on the Steam site, I end up choking on the download (but have seldom had problems getting files manually when I did that on other sites). It's a shame I've been unable to try a historical mod that's gotten such good reviews!

I will see what other options are available for uploading and will update as needed.

BTW v2 is getting uploaded to Steam Workshop tonight!

Not a lot of major changes mainly just wanted to clean some things up

---Change Log---

*Change Christianity to Catholicism
*Removed Pantheons to fix error where England was building one at game start
*Disabled all NON-ERA techs and enabled Repeating Future Tech one ALL available techs have been researched.
*All Holy City Civs (Lithuania...Crusaders...Fatimids...Byzantine) Start with a Great Prophet
*Tweaked AI so that it is more likely to use the Diplomatic Marriage trait
*Diplomatic Marriage cost has increased from 750 Gold to 3000 Gold so it is not abused
*Reduced Effects of going to war and destroying Petty Kingdoms so that all other Petty Kingdoms do not declare war on you if you Conquer a couple of them (Be advised they still will declare war on you if you go crazy with it)
*Petty Kingdoms will now start giving quest as soon as turn 5 instead of turn 30 like before.
*Compass is now required in order to Research Navigation
*MISC Map fixes where road were going through mountains/lakes.

Well, a very nice mod...i like the scenario and the conclusions.

Anyhow, my first trys didn't went well due to technical problems.
Playing with G&K, no other mod checked except of 'End of Dark Ages'.
Testing with Hungary at Prince level.

Got following bug:

After 5 rounds i got requested to choose a build queue but can't choose anything, besides i've allready choosen a built. No further progress because i couldn't come to next turn.

Any idea?

Has anyone been able to build missionaries and inquisitors? I briefly tested this mod as I am using a similar religion adding technique in my own... in my mod I am running into trouble in that I seem unable to build the religious units. I'm wondering if this mod is having the same trouble, or if it is something I am doing wrong.

Well, a very nice mod...i like the scenario and the conclusions.

Anyhow, my first trys didn't went well due to technical problems.
Playing with G&K, no other mod checked except of 'End of Dark Ages'.
Testing with Hungary at Prince level.

Got following bug:

After 5 rounds i got requested to choose a build queue but can't choose anything, besides i've allready choosen a built. No further progress because i couldn't come to next turn.

Any idea?

This mod requires ALL DLC. Try enabling all of them and try again.

Sorry to resurrect this 1 month old thread....

Aside from the painful download process/speed of Steam Workshop preventing me downloading this mod (not your fault), can you clarify if your DLC comment you posted means I need to purchase Denmark, Korea DLCs etc to play this mod?

If so then I wont waste my time with the painful download process via steam.

I found this mod and played through with the HRE, and all went well. It looked just the kind of mod that could be replayed numerous times.

I tried it with England (and later with France, Scotland and others) and have come across the same bug as people above.

With England, Scotland, and France it always happens on turn 2. The civ gets to choose a pantheon founding belief - you have no choice but to select one - then no more production can be chosen in the cities - the tabs are unclickable, and the menus are blank.

Such a shame as there's clearly been a lot of work put into this mod and it has an excellent foundation, but it's largely unplayable.

I would like to apologize to all the people playing this mod...My interest has been on developing a Rome Mod

(FYI...I am very excited about it and can't wait to share with all of you...to get an idea it is going to be a series of 7 or 8 chronological scenarios that begin with the over throw of the last Etruscan King and will expand through the conquest of Italy, Carthage, Greece, Gaul and beyond. I will take the scenarios through the Roman civil wars and ultimately the fall of the republic and the establishment and expansion of the Empire...so get excited)

that being said I have come back to this mod to fix some of the reported issues...I think we can address these pretty easily with a couple changes...also I have noticed that the most recent patch is causing some game play issues (ex...the date no longer advances with each turn) I will be addressing these and testing so hopefully I should have something ready to go very soon....I would like to thank all of you for your support and criticism...it think it will only help improve this mod.

Progress is coming along...I should have all the bugs worked out soon and released on steam workshop soon

Top Bottom